Rip Little Nyx.

Crystaltears83

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At 11:50pm central time today. Our little 4 week old rescue baby Nyx crossed the bridge. She was a beautiful little brilliant ray of light that lit up our lives for such a brief time. But in that brief time her light shone brighter than the brightest star.

We miss her already.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Crystaltears83

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They've been small from the start. We iriginally thought they were only 1-2 weeks old. But when we got them stabalized on good nutritious food, everything started happening almost all at once. Eyes opening, ears standing up and opening. Then their little teeth began popping in all over the place all happened almost all in the first week we got them.

I dont know if that means that all those milestones which should have been happening at different stages like eyes week 1, ears week 2, walking rather than crawling week 3, teeth about week 4, playing and pouncing also about week 4...etc.

But they all happened just bang bang bang within that first week we found them. Also the way just milk didnt seem enough and when we switched to the "gruel" mixture they began to finally thrive.

Just this week their weights were all getting close to 12 & 13oz. They were 6 and 7oz when we found them.

So I don't know. They were all gaining like champs. Still very under weight for their actual age which everyone thinks was closer to 4 weeks..... Maybe 5 now.

I've wondered if they might have also been premature but theres no way to know that I suppose.

So the answer Is... It was very sudden. I dont know if the initial malnutrition played a part or just what happened. We aren't vets but we are pretty sure it was a case of fading kitten syndrome.

It went from ... She was healthy (considering), playing and fiesty with eating and strong last night.

To making an awful abnormal wailing crying this morning. I thought maybe her sisters had hogged all the food at their before bedtime feeding and she was just super hungry.

I picked her up and found she was wet from loose stools. She'd had normal stools when she went ti bed. I decided to feed just her formula as it is good at thickening up their stools quickly.

I fed her first and she ate pretty well. Not as much as usual but nothing that concerned me too much.

I set a timer and fed her what she could drink every two hours. She seemed to perk up and started acting better. It stayed that way all day. She was even walking around some and exploring with her sisters.

Feeding time came around again and I grabbed her first. She had pooped again and it was still runny but much thicker. I thought it would be alright and that it was working.

But this time she wouldnt eat. No matter how I tried, she wouldn't eat. I even got her some electrolytes and began just dropping it on her tongue one drop at a time. She would lick it up and I still hoped she would recover.

Then she stopped licking up the droplets. We tried every vet clinic we could find. All of them were already closed and we could not find one single one with an emergency after hours contact.

So I just had to keep trying to get her to drink. Basicallt U just held her, nursed her, and loved her the best I could until she was gone.

Her sisters are still thriving and I pray they continue to do so.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you. It hurts so much when they are suddenly gone after seemingly doing better. Sometimes, even with the best of help, nothing will save them.
I will definitely pray for her tiny soul and that her sisters will grow to be happy and healthy. She would want no less.
She knew love and care before she had to go, that meant the world to her, it was her world. You tried, and you will be blessed for that. It was so much more than she knew in the beginning of her tragically short life.
The bond you developed with that precious little girl will forever be tied to your own soul. Nothing can take that from you, not even death. As long as you are here to remember her and to keep that memory alive, she will be near. Her new path will continue to parallel your own until that day it will once more cross.
She would never want to bring sadness into your heart. She loved you and only wants happiness and sunshine for the rest of your days. Because that is what love is, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go. So put on a brave face, smile at those little ones you still have in your care, and know she will be near when you need her. The crying comes easy, moving on and getting through this is the hard part.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and those precious little ones in your care. Nyx is safe and warm at the Rainbow Bridge, where she will wait for those she left behind. Take care and know you are not alone in your grief......RIP precious Nyx. You barely began life when it was time to go. Know your legacy lives on, and will forever more, in the heart of the one who loved you so much. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Crystaltears83

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
di and bob di and bob Thank you so very much for those kind words and your support. Youre certainly right about the crying coming easily. I havent been able to stop. I know eventually it will get better. The three little angels I have left have such power; they are able to bring a smile and such joy even in the midsts of this pain.

I dont know how such mourning can exist at the same moment and in the same vessel as such a powerful love and joy. Somehow they make it happen. They are saving me as much as I am doing my best to save them.

Thank you.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry that you lost that little sweetheart, it must feel devastating but at the same time still a joy to have even known her at all, but 4 weeks is WAY too short of a time, but in that time she knew love and compassion, Bless you for taking care of her and the others. Heaven must have needed a little Angel for some reason, maybe a baby or a young child who passed needed a friend to hug. I am so sorry, you did all you could and more, the grief will play games mentally and physically but eventually you will get a grip on it and realize it was for a reason, what that reason is we don't know but she is okay now, just fine, no issues now.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so very sorry, I hope that your heart heals a bit each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Little Nyx, dream you deep. Your tiny life was repleat with meaning, and your passing is marked and mourned by more than you can ever know.

Thank you. Because of you, Nyx left this world knowing love, soft voices and gentle hands. You did very well, indeed.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for all the joys and comfort that you gave little Nyx. I love her name. Without you, she would have died alone and afraid. I have had many little ferals pass suddenly like that; if you can find a vet who works with ferals, as mine does, you might be able to get some antibiotic to help the others if (God forbid) they too begin to exhibit the same symptoms. My vet sells me Biomoxx. I have several now grown cats who were lone survivors because I was able to capture them and start them on the Biomoxx as soon as they began to decline. At about 4-5 weeks is when the immunities from the mother's milk begin to wear off and kittens, even those with mom, begin to show decline from disease.
And please give yourself a hug from me.....the heartache in kitten rescue is too familiar. Fortunately, you are made of strong stuff and will muster on for the benefit of the others. And someday, little Nyx and you will be reunited again.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sometime we just do not understand what happened. Sometimes we think is not right for an young Creature to cross the Bridge.

Then we bow the head and say "That was Fate!".

We do not know what will happen to us in one hour, how could we understand why such things happen?

But pain comes because we care and love. We shall accept pain as we accept love, since we are not the ones to decide when and how the journey on Earth is to be stopped.

One day we wipe our tears and with joy we carry on.

Waiting for you back on Earth from your home -Cloud, Nyx! A Human loves you!

Crystaltears83

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys so much for all your kind words and support. Everyone else seems to be thriviing.

Though I am keeping a VERY close eye on them and supplimenting their wet food still with the goats milk and a bit of pedialyte.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But pain comes because we care and love. We shall accept pain as we accept love, since we are not the ones to decide when and how the journey on Earth is to be stopped.
One day we wipe our tears and with joy we carry on.
:angel: Thank you for the update - you are a shining example in action of Solomonar's beautiful words of wisdom. I continue to carry Nyx's siblings and you in my prayers and thoughts.