Ringworm

gabbybauco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. I’m looking to find some advice/ suggestions during this stressful time. I am 21 and in college. My cat who I love dearly and is basically my emotional support animal, has severe ringworm. He got topical cream, oral antifungal, and lyme sulfur baths for his 8 week treatment / quarantine. He is currently quarantining in my bedroom, since i am in a college apartment and have no extra rooms for him. I moved into the living room to limit my exposure. Those who have dealt with cats with ringworm please leave any suggestions or advice when it comes to cleaning. I bought cans of lysol, microban, and wipes that claim on the back that they get rid of fungal spores. i’ve been vacuuming the room (it is carpet) but i’m not sure what else to do to the carpets to ensure it’s spore free. i’ve been lysol spraying his toys and areas frequently but i’m unsure how often to do so. I’m just so worried about it spreading more to him or to my other rooms in the apartment. Any advice or personal experiences are appreciated.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm sorry to hear your cat is struggling with ringworm. We had a newly adopted cat who was diagnosed with it but that was a very long time ago and I'm guessing a lot has changed since then. I thought this TCS Article might have some helpful information for you until other members weigh in with their advice:
How to Deal with Ringworm in Cats [Inc. the Housecleaning Regime] – TheCatSite Articles

There are many threads on this subject but here are just a few for you to reference:
Anxiety from Ringworm
Ringworm
Ringworm.

Good luck, please keep us posted on your cat's progress. :alright: