Ringworm.

c413jones2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

How should I go about getting rid of ringworm? Both of my boys have got it, along with myself. I'm on oral meds and they will soon be too. I've also got a dip/bath for them.

How should I clean everything else? Such as their beds, toys, tree, litter box, carpets, etc. Should I send them in for a nice grooming/nail trim?

Any products good for cleaning a carpet cat tree in which vacuums don't help? Furminater or Squeegee perhaps?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For things you can't wash with bleach you will have to find a spray that will kill funguses, I read that Lysol spray will kill the spores. But remember, you have to spray EVERYTHING that is around, even carpets and drapes. Ringworm is nasty to get rid of. Hydrogen peroxide will kill the spores on you, but it can only be used once or it will delay healing. Hard surfaces should be washed with diluted bleach water.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are two TCS articles:

I read that Lysol spray will kill the spores. But remember, you have to spray EVERYTHING that is around, even carpets and drapes.

Lysol is known to be toxic to pets. I'd be wary using any Lysol product or any product that contains phenols.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lysol, or for that matter, any cleanser should have the directions followed. As long as they are allowed to dry completely before the cat comes into contact with them, they are safe. Kjust like weed killers on your lawn too.