Ringworm?

Blueberries33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys,

I have two cats, a 7 month old(wormed 3 days ago) and a new comer 3 month old.
I've just noticed her paw looks dry.
I'm worried it could be ringworm as I know a couple of cats from the same shelter was being treated for it.(They were not in the same pods).

Would anyone have any clue what it could be on her paw? I'm worried the whole house could catch it and it's tough to get rid of.

Attachments

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Giving this a bump cause im interested as well.

I dont know if this is ringworm. But i had a cat witn ringworm on her paw before. Her paw pad was pink and she just had one patch of ringworm on her paw- it looked cottony and was oval.

She would lick her paw a lot and chew on her foot too.

Last edited:

Anitaanj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just noticed on Friday when I got home from work that my 6 month old Bengals paw had the same problem. It was all dry/ red and scabby. Today she had her spay appointment but before I dropped her off I asked the vet to examine her paw and I got a phone call not to long ago telling me that the surgery went well and that they do suspect it to be ringworm because what it looked like under a UV light.. now I’m paranoid and don’t know what to do since it’s highly contagious and it can be transmitted to humans, not only that she sleeps with me every night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blueberries33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys thanks for getting back to me.
I called my vet and he doesn't seem to think it could be as cats usually get it on there bodies and face.

He advised me to get iodine if I do think it is and to apply it to the area as that is what he would prescribe me if she/he had it anyway.

Blueberries33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just noticed on Friday when I got home from work that my 6 month old Bengals paw had the same problem. It was all dry/ red and scabby. Today she had her spay appointment but before I dropped her off I asked the vet to examine her paw and I got a phone call not to long ago telling me that the surgery went well and that they do suspect it to be ringworm because what it looked like under a UV light.. now I’m paranoid and don’t know what to do since it’s highly contagious and it can be transmitted to humans, not only that she sleeps with me every night.
Did the vet advise you of any treatment she may need?
I'm worried about that aswel as both cats sleep where ever they like at night.

Blueberries33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I dont know if this is ringworm. But i had a cat witn ringworm on her paw before. Her paw pad was pink and she just had one patch of ringworm on her paw- it looked cottony and was oval.

This is Kevin's paw, I'm not sure how long it has

She would lick her paw a lot and chew on her foot too.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the bump, I'm new to this site so the reply is greatly appreciated.

This is Kevin's paw, now that you've mentioned cotton looking oval shape it has me slightly worried again.

Did your cats paw look anything like this?
I'm considering just getting the iodine to be in the safe side.

Attachments

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, something like that. And it slowly grew larger over time.

I think you should get it checked out by a vet, just to make sure.

Anitaanj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did the vet advise you of any treatment she may need?
I'm worried about that aswel as both cats sleep where ever they like at night.

The vet gave me a bottle tersadirm. On the phone she made it seem it was a lotion/ oitment but when I pick Serena up from her spay operation she gave me this tiny bottle in the bag and told me to apply twice a day.. she has a little redness on her bottom lip and told me to be careful when I apply there so that she won’t lick it. I’m scared to death to apply it and she will lick it. So far I only used the drops once on her paw after I took her home that night because she was knocked out from the pain medicine from her operation. I haven’t been able to get her to stay still to apply more, but so far it’s it looks like it’s going away.. could it just be that she’s allergic to something?