Ringworm timeline

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe I have to make this post, but Juno developed a tiny bald spot behind her ear that seems consistent with ringworm. Even though neither she nor I have been in contact with any animals in the last two weeks. It was normal under a blacklight but I understand that's not terribly reliable.

We already have a wellness check scheduled for next Tuesday. Do I need to get her in before then (assuming I can)? Between last night when I first noticed it and today, it hasn't gotten worse or spread. I know ringworm is very contagious but she's my only cat. As for myself, and limiting her movements around the apartment, isn't it too late? I read the incubation period is 10 days. Would she have been contagious that whole time or only starting last night when she presented with it? If I can, I'm tempted to do nothing until Tuesday, because it seems futile and I don't feel like being stressed out until it's confirmed.
Bad picture:
20210921_213619~2.jpg

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how to advise you other than to talk with your vet and tell them about it and see what they say. Im sure it goes without saying to wash your hands well after petting her.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Phew! The vet did not think it was ring worm. (She did not send off a culture, so here's hoping she was right!). I'm happy to be able to cuddle Juno like normal again and let her sleep with me. I'm glad I didn't go crazy with the cleaning regime before the vet visit.