Ringworm on a paw?

Evolucija

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I just noticed this kinda damaged skin on my kittens paw. She's 12 weeks old. I noticed her kinda "licking" the paw but she does that with all paws, not just that one. I'm worried it might be a ringworm? We came back literally 45 minutes ago from the vet, we wen't for a re-vaccine, but I just noticed this.. did any of you have similar situation?
IMG_3542.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry no has responded to your post yet. I would contact your vet, even sent them a pic of that, to see what they think. In the meantime, keep watch for other 'spots' to show up, although I am not really sure I think that is ringworm. At her age, I take it she is not going outside, so getting into something outdoors should hopefully not be an issue?

You can use a couple of different home remedies, just to see what happens. First that spot looks crusty and dry, so you could apply some olive oil to it to see if it helps. Secondly, you can buy chamomile tea bags from your grocery store - they are almost always German (you don't want English, nor any additives or flavorings) - brew a bag in water, cool the liquid and apply it to that area multiple times a day. The tea has both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, and it is also a soothing and healing agent. Both the olive oil and the tea are safe for her to ingest.

Hope other members come along soon with more informative suggestions!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I really don't think it's ringworm, but I'm kind of surprised the Vet didn't notice it. I would definitely send them a picture and mention you were just there TODAY and ask them what they think. Check all four of her paws to see if any others are looking this way. You may need to change out her litter (or her food, believe it or not) But see what the Vet has to say first