Rhiannon

Sandusqueen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've just got given a kitten and I've named her Rhiannon I don't know if she is a Bengal she's quite playful and I love her to bits and if she is Bengal dwhere do I get an license for her
IMG_20210928_084233_638.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's pretty! I can't tell if she's Bengal or part Bengal but she has a lovely marble tabby pattern.

Where did you get her? If she's able to be registered, the breeder would have to give you those papers.

As for city licenses, talk to City Hall or your vet, they should know what's required in your town.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There are also other breeds where they encourage such fancy marbles.

So its a high probabilyty sha has an Ancestor, but which breed may be difficult to know. The breeder should know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sandusqueen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've just got given a kitten and I've named her Rhiannon I don't know if she is a Bengal she's quite playful and I love her to bits and if she is Bengal dwhere do I get an license for her
View attachment 396708
I've only had Rhiannon for four days my neighbour can't have her anymore so I said that I'd have her

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably not a pedigree if your neighbor just gave up the cat, rather than returning to the breeder, or, if unscrupulous, selling her. Pedigrees aren’t cheap. She’s most likely a DSH, but do you have some better photos of her? Without seeing her head from a better angle, it’s hard to say either way.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is definitely not a Bengal. All Bengals have rosette spots like jaguars and leopards. What you have is a domestic marbled tabby, so you don't need a license to keep your new kitty.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, not all Bengals have rosettes. Please do your research before making sweeping statements.
What other patterns do show quality purebred Bengals have?

Black smoke Bengals have rosettes. They are just harder to see.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise

Black smoke Bengals have rosettes. They are just harder to see.
I’m not doing your research for you. If you’re going to make sweeping statements, please know what you’re talking about first. Also, there’s a difference between being pedigree and being show quality. Not all kittens, even from champion parents, will be of a quality to be shown.

Smoke is, by definition, solid. Good smoke shouldn’t have much (any, with LH) visible tabby ghosting.
Neither smoke, nor solid bengals are allowed in standard, however. Silver and smoke are different things.

ETA: as to the OPs kitten, she’s not a Bengal, nor does she look like she has any significant Bengal ancestry, but that’s not down to her not being rosetted.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are marbled Bengals too:

download (6).jpeg

But, no, I don't think the OP's cat is a Bengal either. She's a beautiful kitty no matter what 😍 .

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This cat is a classic tabby, marble is a bengal term and an elongated pattern.

bengals come in several patterns, from spotting, to the various rosette type (arrowhead, clouded etc), marble.
Perhaps pop along to a cat show to actually talk with owners about their cats and see all the different breedspattern types rather than spreading misinformation. We breeders love nothing more than explaining our cats at shows (so long as not in the middle of judging of course)

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Perhaps pop along to a cat show to actually talk with owners about their cats and see all the different breedspattern types rather than spreading misinformation. We breeders love nothing more than explaining our cats at shows (so long as not in the middle of judging of course)
I only spread information about cat breeds and patterns I read in Cat Fancy that was written by registered CFA and TICA breeders who also are cat show judges. If they say something about their expertise, I have no reason not to believe it.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bengals do come in marbled (I follow a few breeders who show) but not often loved as much as the spotted. I would say just a stunning DSH.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only spread information about cat breeds and patterns I read in Cat Fancy that was written by registered CFA and TICA breeders who also are cat show judges. If they say something about their expertise, I have no reason not to believe it.
please share the article that states bengals only come in rosettes

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, maybe things have changed in those decades. Google is readily available and more up-to-date :).
This cat is a classic tabby, marble is a bengal term
I've heard it in general use, and a quick googling says: "The classic tabby (also known as blotched or marbled tabby). . ." Which is not to say that's an authoritative source or anything, just that I think it's a common enough use.

But yeah, marbled Bengals have a very distinctive look! Like a clouded leopard, really amazing.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous 😻 Most likely if not from a breeder with papers etc. she is a dsh marbled tabby. Bengals can be spotted/rosetted, marbled and even mackerel/striped /ticked although the last two are not the breed standard. All pb cats can have variations from the standard even when breeders are attempting to get a certain result. I don't think bengal but maybe something else like Stefan said, but who knows for sure. She could be a mix of some sort also. Here is an article on bengals to help. Anyway you love her to bits which is what counts ❤

Bengal Cat Facts | Bengal Cat World