Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Rex Tillerson Fired

Discussion in 'IMO: In My Opinion' started by Katie M, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Katie M

Katie M Thread Starter TCS Member Super Cat

Jun 1, 2017
    Kingwood, WV

2. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    ...thump, thump, thump, another one bites the dust...

another unqualified trump appointee fired. and another unqualified appointee (pompeo) chosen to replace the fired unqualified appointee. :headshake:

muffy purraised this.

3. donutte

donutte Professional cat sitter extraordinaire! Top Cat

Apr 22, 2015
    Northern suburbs of Chicago
    And Tillerson found out the same way the rest of us did apparently! Trump couldn't be bothered to tell him personally.

4. donutte

Apr 22, 2015
    Honestly wasn't seeing this one coming. I thought Kelly would be next.

5. mschauer

mschauer TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    Pomeo will probably last longer in the position. Contrary to what Trumps says, that he wants to hear from people who disagree with him, what he really wants is yes men and Pomeo has been a strong supporter of Trump. He is completely unqualified for the position so there is no telling whether he will be effective or not. Time will tell.

6. donutte

Apr 22, 2015
    He wants a parrot. He doesn't want people having freedom of thought when they work for him. God forbid anyone disagree with him on something!

artiemom purraised this.

7. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    If I remember correctly Tillerson was a Condi Rice and Bill Gates recommendation. I think the idea was that he had worked with governments in the Mideast and Russia and had working relationships with many of the same people that he would work with while at State. He did call Trump a moron though so his days were certainly numbered after that. Trump just toyed with him by publicly undercutting him whenever possible for awhile.

8. donutte

Apr 22, 2015
    Toying with his staff makes him sound SO Presidential!

My annoyance with him grows with each passing day. And it's a lot more than annoyance, more of a fear at this point. I didn't like Tillerson but he seemed more common-sensical than some of his other pics. Which is probably why Trump didn't like him anymore - didn't want him spreading common sense.

And I agree, Trump is a moron. And that's putting it nicely.

muffy and artiemom purraised this.

9. Katie M

Katie M Thread Starter TCS Member Super Cat

Jun 1, 2017
    Kingwood, WV
    Trump was undermining Tillerson for months, saying he was wasting his time with North Korean diplomacy.

He wants a war, and with Tillerson out of the way, he may just get it :hmmm:

artiemom purraised this.

10. doomsdave

doomsdave TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 2, 2016
    California
    Actually, Tillerson was relatively competent. Which was a huge part of the problem. He wanted to conduct his office with integrity, and well, we know how that goes in this "Madministration."

artiemom purraised this.

11. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    So let's get this straight.....

The incompetent game show host taps a Big Oil swamp creature with no foreign policy experience to run the State Department. Then the incompetent game show host fires the Big Oil swamp creature with no foreign policy experience and replaces him with...

...CIA dude with no foreign policy experience? (But one who knows how to seriously kiss the incompetent game show host's fat butt.)

OK, got it. The only qualification needed in the WH now is a willingness to kiss the incompetent game show host's butt.

micknsnicks2mom, doomsdave and artiemom purraised this.

12. denice

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    I thought that Tillerson in a normal administration which meant support from the administration would have done okay. I know he didn't have government foreign policy experience but he did have experience dealing with foreign governments particularly in the Mideast and Russia. You just don't work your way up from entry level engineer to CEO of an oil giant without being both competent and a pretty darn good politician.

I also meant Condi Rice and Bob Gates, I don't think Bill Gates has anything to do with this administration.

13. gareth

gareth TCS Member Super Cat

Dec 19, 2003
    UK
    There ya go, you've got it. Trump is famous for surrounding himself with sycophants. I see no reason why his presidency would be any different. With the exception of Jim Mattis, the defence secretary, Donald Trump has now removed everyone with the dignity to stand up to him. The world just became quite a scary place.

That's 5 major role departures in 2 weeks. So much for "no chaos White House". If I was the next person in the role I wouldn't even bother unpacking.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    betsygee purraised this.

14. denice

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH

15. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Hehe, The Onion has a bunch of headlines about Tillerson, such as "Secretary Of State Fired After Inappropriately Weighing In On International Politics" "Tillerson Blindsided By News He Still Worked For State Department" and "Morale Low At State Department After Only Employee Fired" :D

Sigh. Pompeo is a climate change denier, worse than Tillerson. We aren't going to have a planet left to live on when these guys are done with it.

muffy purraised this.

16. denice

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    McMaster is supposed to be leaving and the rumor is that John Bolton will be the National Security Advisor. John Bolton is the ultimate NeoCon and he is always looking for another war to jump into or start.

James Mattis was a Tillerson ally, I bet he won't be around much longer either.

17. doomsdave

doomsdave TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 2, 2016
    California

18. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    The ManBaby is trying to line up all his "loyal" people, meaning boot-lickers and butt-kissers. That's all he really cares about. He wants men who will say, "Yes, sir. Right away, sir." And that's it.

19. denice

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    I think this may also have to do with Iran. They are coming up for another certification. There were three now two people who did not want to pull out of this deal, Tillerson, McMaster and Mattis. The guy who is replacing Tillerson is all for pulling out of the deal and regime change. We all know John Bolton is always up for regime change somewhere.

This is a bit off topic but the rumor is Andrew McCabe is going to be fired Friday, he qualifies for retirement Sunday. Sessions may fire top FBI official before pension eligibility After the way he undercut and humiliated Tillerson for months then fired him with a tweet I think this is entirely possible.

20. donutte

Apr 22, 2015
    This administration scares me more with each passing day. They are starting to think they are invincible, can do anything they want, and pushing the line to see how far they can go. And no one stops it. This isn't a monarchy, but that is how this administration is acting. It is becoming very worrisome.

And frankly, the WAY he goes about doing the things he does is just as bothersome as the actions themselves. Firing by tweet? Good grief.