Revolution Vs. Frontline - Opinions Wanted.

12catcrazy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. During the few times I used topical flea products on my cats, the product I always used was Revolution. I bought it from my vets; it seemed to work well and never made my cats ill. I haven't had any kind of a flea problem in years, until now, when I brought home a kitten was apparently had fleas. The breeder I bought her from seems adverse to "chemical" products and recommended a "natural" flea spray by Natural Chemistry, which smells nice but I don't think really does squat against fleas. I'm also somewhat concerned because said product contains oils of clove, cinnamon, and cedar, and I'm nervous about how safe those are for cats.

Anyway, since fleas are now eating my 2 older cats alive, I dug out some old Revolution that I had in a drawer. Yeah, so it expired in 2016, but was still sealed, so I used it anyway. I didn't use any on the kitten because it was for cats 5 lbs and over and I didn't want to risk it. I went to my vets office today and asked if I could buy some Revolution and they said that they now only sell Frontline. Going online, it seems that many pet owners are complaining that fleas seem to be becoming immune to Frontline and its not working too well any more. I have no idea why my vets stopping carrying Revolution - they are a VCA hospital now and maybe that has something to do with it. So, anybody here use either or both of these products, and what do you think?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Frontline and think it works well. But it's the only one I've ever used, so I can't really compare it to anything. I like it because it kills fleas, ticks, and mites.

kdhester15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have always preferred and used Revolution; it has always (in my opinion) worked better than Frontline, and I have used both. I really liked that it kills everything and is also a heart worm preventative. If your vet no longer carries it, they should be able to write you a prescription so you can buy it online or from another office. Remember to treat the environment as well; most of the flea problem lies in the environment!

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My vet no longer recommends Frontline for use because the fleas in our area seem to be immune to it.

Sirmuffins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. During the few times I used topical flea products on my cats, the product I always used was Revolution. I bought it from my vets; it seemed to work well and never made my cats ill. I haven't had any kind of a flea problem in years, until now, when I brought home a kitten was apparently had fleas. The breeder I bought her from seems adverse to "chemical" products and recommended a "natural" flea spray by Natural Chemistry, which smells nice but I don't think really does squat against fleas. I'm also somewhat concerned because said product contains oils of clove, cinnamon, and cedar, and I'm nervous about how safe those are for cats.

Anyway, since fleas are now eating my 2 older cats alive, I dug out some old Revolution that I had in a drawer. Yeah, so it expired in 2016, but was still sealed, so I used it anyway. I didn't use any on the kitten because it was for cats 5 lbs and over and I didn't want to risk it. I went to my vets office today and asked if I could buy some Revolution and they said that they now only sell Frontline. Going online, it seems that many pet owners are complaining that fleas seem to be becoming immune to Frontline and its not working too well any more. I have no idea why my vets stopping carrying Revolution - they are a VCA hospital now and maybe that has something to do with it. So, anybody here use either or both of these products, and what do you think?
Unfortunately neither Advantage nor Revolution nor Frontline respectively Frontline Plus that l just tried are doing the job anymore!!

Those disgusting bloodsuckers have become immune to all of them!!!!

And since we have a garden strays frequent for food the fumigator l spoke to said it made little sense to treat my bunch of felines and the garden... Besides humans and felines would have to leave the premises which isn't an option...

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've used both but I haven't used either when my cat actually had fleas. When she had fleas I used Bolfo Gold, and I use Revolution or Frontline as preventitives in the summer. Reason for this? It's random. Haven't noticed a difference and they all did what they were supposed to.