Revolution plus only on fur

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just put revolution plus on my feral cat. As I started to squeeze she moved and none of it went on her skin and I now have no idea where on her it actually went...possibly back of neck and down side....I don't know. I cut the tip so it will go quickly. She ran and I'm terrified I've hurt her! If she licks it she may get sick and not sure what to do now. If anyone has had a similar experience please share!!!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Revolution is one of the safer topicals out there (its the one we give my rabbit, my bunny vet said it's the only one safe for pregnant women to handle too). I have had a cat accidentally lick a little flea medicine that I put on wrong before. He drooled for an hour or so and was a little off for a day but otherwise fine. I'd just keep as much of an eye on her as you can for the next day or so, maybe you didn't even get it on her. If she seems in distress, try to get her to a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I'm worried sick. I won't see her till breakfast tomorrow. I so appreciate your reply!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: She showed for breakfast sweet as pie and seemed fine. When I pet her I felt where the product dribbled. (Shoulder down rib cage) I'm hoping it has some effect beings it never touched her skin. Regardless she is fine as far as I can tell.
Thanks for the encouraging words!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
A while back I asked my vet to apply Revolution to Jamie because he is so difficult to handle. The vet tech who did it clearly missed and got it on his fur but there were no ill effects.