Revolution Not Working What Should I Try

Lilawala

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am having a problem with Revolution not working. It used to be great for years and the past two treatments have been useless. I have one outdoor/indoor cat, and indoor cat and a dog (on nexgard and no flea dirt on her or her bed). I have both cats on revolution and I feel like it hasn't done anything even right after treatment. I have treated my yard, my house and have been a nut vacuuming counting down the days to use something other than Revolution. I am keeping my outdoor one in because he doesn't stay in the yard. Two vets at my practice say use Bravecto but the reviews scare me. Any suggestions what to try? Also one vet, not my usual, told me I can dose the cats 2.5 weeks after revolutiontreatment. Has anyone heard of that?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
There are a lot of different flea/tick preventions out there, so I can understand how it can be difficult to navigate. Advantage is a popular brand, but its effectiveness, as with any flea/tick prevention product, depends on your individual situation. Here’s an old thread that gives a lot of great info about choosing a brand of flea prevention:

Flea And Worm Prevention.

Daisy39

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am having a problem with Revolution not working. It used to be great for years and the past two treatments have been useless. I have one outdoor/indoor cat, and indoor cat and a dog (on nexgard and no flea dirt on her or her bed). I have both cats on revolution and I feel like it hasn't done anything even right after treatment. I have treated my yard, my house and have been a nut vacuuming counting down the days to use something other than Revolution. I am keeping my outdoor one in because he doesn't stay in the yard. Two vets at my practice say use Bravecto but the reviews scare me. Any suggestions what to try? Also one vet, not my usual, told me I can dose the cats 2.5 weeks after revolutiontreatment. Has anyone heard of that?

Daisy39

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is an indoor cat who has been on Revolution for most of her adult life. 5 years. I keep a very clean house and litter pan. A few months ago, she developed a bad case of fleas. Never happened before. As she was borderline 15 lbs. the next month I used the 15-22 lb dose. The fleas literally jumped onto me and bit me. They were like angry mosquitos. I work from home and can spare the time. For the past two months, 3 x a day, I have been putting my white cat on a white cloth under a bright light. I comb her, catch the fleas in tissue and put them in the toilet. I was putting the cloth is the washing machine but wasn't sure that was effective so I began to use a lint roller to collect all the flea "pepper." Three weeks of being totally w/o fleas. I put Revolution on her this morning and by late afternoon she had at least 8 giant fleas. They came from no where as there had been on eggs and no fleas for weeks. I won't use any of the long term pesticides as anything that stays in an animal or human body for that long has got to be dangerous. Any products worth trying. I thought I had this licked. :(