Reviving an Old Tradition - Ten Questions About You!

lizziejoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?)

I just started The DaVinci Code yesterday.

2) have you ever been in the hospital?

No never...knock on wood...alot.

3) what did you eat yesterday?

It was a cookout kind of a day. Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, and an embarrasing amount of peanut M&Ms.

4) what is the weather like outside?

77 degrees, sunny, breezy..beautiful. Im in now recovering from hours and hours of raking.

5) what is your astrological sign?

Libra

6) how do you feel about your mother?

My Mom is the coolest person!! I have a huge amount of respect for her and Im durned proud of her.

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked?

Uggh...Im so movie picky. I cant think of one recently that I really liked. My favorite film is The Shawshank Redemption.

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ?

Soulmate.

9) what was the last thing you bought for yourself?

A new shirt on the clearance rack for seven bucks.

10) what is your favourite/cant miss tv show?

I dont have one.

andrea77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
valanhb said:
We used to do these all the time, and it was so much fun I thought I would revive it.

Copy the list of questions and answer them in a new post.
Answer in as much or as little detail as you want.

(BTW, for nostalgists, this was the first Ten Questions For You that Blue posted long ago and far away...
)

1) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?) I am reading " Prodigal Summer" by Barbara Kingsolver

2) have you ever been in the hospital? yes for various yucky things

3) what did you eat yesterday? um.. bacon, cheese bread, onions, apples, cherry cheesecake, perogies.. I went to the farmer's market

4) what is the weather like outside? rainy and dark

5) what is your astrological sign? Cancer

6) how do you feel about your mother? most incredible human being I have ever known

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ? how much I like him

9) what was the last thing you bought for yourself? I can't even remember.. I guess the last thing was... all that stuff at the farmer's market cuz I was excited to go

10) what is your favourite/cant miss tv show? Hockey Night in Canada....

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Yoursleeka said:
1) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?)
asnwer
Ok, right now I am reading The Hand of Oberon by Roger Zelazny - third book from his First Chronicles of Amber. I read it once already, but books..well you know- they are like old friends- you just keep coming back and find something new and interesting.....

answer
Just once in my life and it was terrible expirience- can't stand the smell of it and needles....

answer
Hm...what an interesting question....

Well, I remeber I ate cirials for breakfast, then banana..then sandwich....
Then went to movie and ate SOOOO MUCH POP-CORN!!!!!..yeaaahh...with extra batter..I shouldn't do that, because after that I am not able to eat for two more days....

OH MY!!! It's great! Sunshine, a little bit windy, but great!!! I love it...You can smeel the ocean and YOU JUST WANT to be outside....

Aquarius..and I LOVE THIS SIGN!!!!

I MISS HER! I love her! She is wonderful woman! Best in the world! She is beautiful and sooooooooo clever! Her advice worth more then anything to me! Her love is a treasure for me and she will be always in my heart no matter how far apart are we from each other!

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked?
I think I've been watching soo many movies( in theatres and at home( rentals))- it's going to be difficult to decide...I really-really like The Passion of the Christ, maybe because I always take everything so close to my heart and that movie had toooooooo much blood, or maybe..I don't know I was impressed, that's all.... I really love Lord of The ring- all parts! I liked Hellboy..The only thing that bugggggssssszzzzzzzz me all the time- almost every movie i saw had something to do with RUSSIANS ....
Is it just me, or Hollewood is starting cold war 2?????? ( they just love soup operas, don't they??? every movie that beeing made- just every one!!!- ended like there is going to be part 2!!!!! )

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ?
hard to say...Do you mean what comes to my mind when I am thinking about my boyfriend?( didn't have an ex for past 5 years!!!!!
)
Ok..well,,, that I love him, that he is the best thing that ever happend to me...BUT- I wish I would have more freedoom sometimes, and i wish he wouldn't be so jelous.....

Ok, for myslef? ... Books..after that I bought lots of things for my baby- Kitty-cat- so let's say thatw as for me also!
Cause I really enjoy that shopping!

Don't watch TV.... really-really....

WHAT a great idea to post 10 first questions....I really enjoed doing this..I remeber in a past I had a hugggge notebook with about 100 questions in it per person. I would give it for couple of days to my friend and then it would be such a wonderfull thing to read the answers together... Too bad people are not always honest with that....
Anyways, thanx...[/QUOTE

Yoursleeka...I just LOVE your posts, you are so full of LIFE! I'm part Russian too, my grandfather, though it's really Ukraine, (Kiev) I think Russians have wonderful deep souls! I work at a family homeless shelter in NYC and one of my clients is a 13 yr old Russian boy. He's only been here, with his mom for a year and a half, but his English and his comprehension of the English language is fantastic!!! Earlier this month on my birthday he gave me one of his stuffed animals, a little dog, but it was the card that made me MELT:

"Dear Barbara, I don't know how old you are getting but I am still happy for you. Happy Birthday! I give you this dog as a memory of me!!! I love you!!! Love is forever, and it will be. Love Daniel"

So you see the Russian soul is deep! I love to read Maxim Gorky too...another deep soul. Good luck with everything, I wish you the best, with tons of delicious kasha and pierogies in you life!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?)

The Arab Mind

Oh yeah.

Breakfast: Cream of Wheat & Cantelope. Lunch: Small slice of cheese, crackers. Dinner: BBQ chicken breast, green beans & corn

Today? In the morning dark skies and raining. By noon it was sunny, blue skies and around 65F.

Libra

Hmmmm can I get back to you on that? It's very complicated and unless you're a shrink, it all might drive you crazy!

At home- Finding Nemo

Which one? The ex or the current? For the ex first husband, hatred. For my current husband.... gotta get back to you on that one too! Seriously though, my first thought when he comes to mind is admiration.

Been so long, I can't remember!

10) what is your favorite/cant miss tv show?

The last 16 weeks it's been the Apprentice. Normally it's Law and Order SVU. Or any Law and Order Series actually!

catfur

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Seeing Calvin Coolidge in a Dream

Yes

A Hot Pocket, and Mexican at a Restaurant

Warm and Very Windy.

Cancer

Love her; can't live with her.

Hellboy

Sigh...

A book (strangely enough, about cats).

10) what is your favorite/cant miss tv show?

TV, is that that thing in the living room my roomate is constantly perched in front of?

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rereading: Execuitve Orders - Tom Clancy

Born there, and had to get stitches once, nothing serious though.

Wings

Cool and Humid

Saggitarius

She's my mom, and I love her like no other.

A Passion in the Desert

Cats

Camera Equipment

Not a big TV Fan, so I'd have to say N/A

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?) I am reading Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. Each book is over 1000 pages long and it's a book I just can't put down.

2) have you ever been in the hospital?yes, recently to have my wisdoms removed and before that to have my tonsils out.

3) what did you eat yesterday?Umm, steak, perogies...coffee...
I can't remember

4) what is the weather like outside?it's dark out now, but it's clear and mild.

5) what is your astrological sign? LEO

6) how do you feel about your mother?I love my mother. But she never calls and I don't want to call her cause then she would have an excuse to not call me... I know I need to call her... In my mind I see her as a very fragile person, breakable at any moment.

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked? oh that I LIKED? hmm oh! GOTHIKA

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ? when I think of Darrell I think of warm hugs and the person I seek shelter from. Darrell is my rock. Ken (my ex) when I think of him I get a little mad cause he's such a lazy dumb a$$. He never went further than grade 9 and has had the same job forever, ruins EVERY vehicle he ever gets because he just HAS to take it off-roading... nevermind, I'm going off here.

9) what was the last thing you bought for yourself?surprisingly I bought myself a white t-shirt yesterday cause I really needed one. I only bought it tho cause it was on sale because it had a small lipstick stain on it.

10) what is your favourite/cant miss tv show?that 70's show!!! can't miss it.

ryelee's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?) Melody

2) have you ever been in the hospital? Yes several times

3) what did you eat yesterday? Mountain Dew for breakfast, no lunch, smothered burrito for dinner

4) what is the weather like outside? Rainy

5) what is your astrological sign? Cancer

6) how do you feel about your mother? My best friend!!

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked? American Pie

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ? When I think of my hubby I feel sheer joy

9) what was the last thing you bought for yourself? Underwear

10) what is your favourite/cant miss tv show? NASCAR races on Sat and Sunday

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) what book are you reading?
I'm re-reading Shockwave by Clive Cussler.

Yes, but only for minor stuff.

Duck, beansprouts, mushrooms, sweetcorn and noodles with soy sauce.

Sunny, but cold because of the wind.

Capricorn.

She's Fab!!!

Rugrats go wild (I watched it on the weekend).

I know it's corny but it's how much I love him.

A book on Photoshop 7.

C.S.I. & C.S.I. Miami.

yoursleeka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz

Originally Posted by Yoursleeka

asnwer
Ok, right now I am reading The Hand of Oberon by Roger Zelazny - third book from his First Chronicles of Amber. I read it once already, but books..well you know- they are like old friends- you just keep coming back and find something new and interesting.....

answer
Just once in my life and it was terrible expirience- can't stand the smell of it and needles....

answer
Hm...what an interesting question....

Well, I remeber I ate cirials for breakfast, then banana..then sandwich....
Then went to movie and ate SOOOO MUCH POP-CORN!!!!!..yeaaahh...with extra batter..I shouldn't do that, because after that I am not able to eat for two more days....

OH MY!!! It's great! Sunshine, a little bit windy, but great!!! I love it...You can smeel the ocean and YOU JUST WANT to be outside....

Aquarius..and I LOVE THIS SIGN!!!!

I MISS HER! I love her! She is wonderful woman! Best in the world! She is beautiful and sooooooooo clever! Her advice worth more then anything to me! Her love is a treasure for me and she will be always in my heart no matter how far apart are we from each other!

I think I've been watching soo many movies( in theatres and at home( rentals))- it's going to be difficult to decide...I really-really like The Passion of the Christ, maybe because I always take everything so close to my heart and that movie had toooooooo much blood, or maybe..I don't know I was impressed, that's all.... I really love Lord of The ring- all parts! I liked Hellboy..The only thing that bugggggssssszzzzzzzz me all the time- almost every movie i saw had something to do with RUSSIANS ....
Is it just me, or Hollewood is starting cold war 2?????? ( they just love soup operas, don't they??? every movie that beeing made- just every one!!!- ended like there is going to be part 2!!!!! )

hard to say...Do you mean what comes to my mind when I am thinking about my boyfriend?( didn't have an ex for past 5 years!!!!!
)
Ok..well,,, that I love him, that he is the best thing that ever happend to me...BUT- I wish I would have more freedoom sometimes, and i wish he wouldn't be so jelous.....

Ok, for myslef? ... Books..after that I bought lots of things for my baby- Kitty-cat- so let's say thatw as for me also!
Cause I really enjoy that shopping!

Don't watch TV.... really-really....

WHAT a great idea to post 10 first questions....I really enjoed doing this..I remeber in a past I had a hugggge notebook with about 100 questions in it per person. I would give it for couple of days to my friend and then it would be such a wonderfull thing to read the answers together... Too bad people are not always honest with that....
Anyways, thanx...
Yoursleeka...I just LOVE your posts, you are so full of LIFE! I'm part Russian too, my grandfather, though it's really Ukraine, (Kiev) I think Russians have wonderful deep souls! I work at a family homeless shelter in NYC and one of my clients is a 13 yr old Russian boy. He's only been here, with his mom for a year and a half, but his English and his comprehension of the English language is fantastic!!! Earlier this month on my birthday he gave me one of his stuffed animals, a little dog, but it was the card that made me MELT:

"Dear Barbara, I don't know how old you are getting but I am still happy for you. Happy Birthday! I give you this dog as a memory of me!!! I love you!!! Love is forever, and it will be. Love Daniel"

So you see the Russian soul is deep! I love to read Maxim Gorky too...another deep soul. Good luck with everything, I wish you the best, with tons of delicious kasha and pierogies in you life!
Thank you so much for your kind words!!!!
Kids a truly touching - no matter how old they are or what race!
I also have to admit- I've been in America for 3 years but my English is faaar away form beeing perfect( spelling is worst!
)
You have a great
to work in that place- homeless shelter of NYC!!! I couldn't do so- I would take all of them home to me, or would end up with heart attach!!!!
I am toooooo sencetive to staff like that!

I wish you happiest and longest life ever! Love and be loved!

I just read all entries by other people- again- what a wonderfull idea that was- now I really know something about all of you! Some posts made me smile!

Have a great day EVERYBODY!

2rascalkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Cat Home Owner's Veterinary Handbook. It's pretty interesting to read, since it tells you how to do things in certain situations.

Oh yes!

Breakfast: Fried rice (spam, eggs, and onions style). Yummy! Dinner: Jumbo burger w/ fries, and hot wings from the bowling center on base.

Windy and chilly

Aries

Very strong, blunt, and loving woman. Is always there for others. Knowledgable and not afraid to take risks. She's my best friend, and I wouldn't have made it this far without her.

50 First Dates! That movie just cracked me up, AND it made me homesick too. Haha!

Why did I marry him? Nah just joking. LOL! I'm glad he tells me that everything will be okay, when times are rough.

2 pairs of jean shorts, and a pair of khaki skirt from Kohl's.

Tru Calling!!! Love that show!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) what book are you reading? (and if you're not reading anything, what was the last book you read?) A romance novel by Johanna Lindsay

2) have you ever been in the hospital?Emergancy room for chest pains that turned out to be indegestion

3) what did you eat yesterday?a chicken sandwich for dinner and ravioli for dinner

4) what is the weather like outside? finally getting warm - 70's

Aries

I worry about her health

7) what was the last movie / film / in a theatre / or a rental that you saw that you really liked? Bruce Almighty

8) what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of your significant other/or ex ?Gods, I love that tall man

9) what was the last thing you bought for yourself?groceries/food

10) what is your favourite/cant miss tv show?I've learned that life goes on even if I miss my fav shows.

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The Ultimate Guide to Cat Breeds.

Pregnancy.

Potato soup and spice cookies.

Hot and sunny!

Gemini.

She is very supportive and is a really nice person to be around.

The Rundown!

My heart and soul.

A new outfit and jewelry for my labret piercing.

American/Canadian Idol.