Return of the crazy cat man

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How are you feeling/doing?
Not bad. Still having pain in my ankle, but that is going to be a lifetime thing. Fortunately, it is usually low-grade that blends into all the other low-grade pains. The car had a tire go down on the dirt road I live on and took a sharp rock in the sidewall and got a cut that looks like somebody stabbed it. But it is on the inner side of the wheel.

I'm having a bit of a flea infestation. I have some large dog flea drops coming. 1 tube will do all of my cats. Heh heh. Save many dollars for the exact same thing as cat drops.

Other than those, things aren't going too bad. The weather is finally getting to fall levels. The trees are still turning colors and the cats are getting more loving and crazier.

This pandemic hasn't changed my average daily routine much, except remembering to put on my mask before I get out of the car if I go anywhere. It has given people I know a different perspective on how I usually live. I was self-isolating before it was the cool thing to do. I have been doing it for...a long time. 😸

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you're feeling Ok. That's too bad about your tire.

Fall is here, too. Lots of leaf-raking, lots of outside work going on. Our girls are more cuddly now. They're not fooling me; I know they want warmth! :)

I'm pretty much an introvert, so I never really enjoyed being with people. But I'm starting to get a bit down, simply because of all the home stuff. Miss the grandkids a lot. And talking to them on the phone isn't the same thing as being with them. We do have the mask thing down to a fine art now. Before we ever go anywhere, it's "Got your mask?".

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not bad. Still having pain in my ankle, but that is going to be a lifetime thing. Fortunately, it is usually low-grade that blends into all the other low-grade pains.

I'm having a bit of a flea infestation. I have some large dog flea drops coming. 1 tube will do all of my cats. Heh heh. Save many dollars for the exact same thing as cat drops.
Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope in improves.

I used to do the same thing for fleas when I had 8 mostly inside cats and a colony of ferals. I forget the name of the brand I used but it saved me a small fortune. I got the idea from Alley Cat Allies website. You can't do that with all flea drops.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have heard the thing about getting the drops for large dogs and divvying it out among the cats. I think that is a common practice for rescues. I think the main one to stay away from for cats is the Advantix.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got caught up. I am so sorry it’s been so tough. I totally understand about trying to find a driver. I had eye issues that kept me from driving at all for awhile. The timing for you was so bad! My hopes for you are that things will be on a long and good upswing now. :alright::vibes::goodluck:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am using PetAction Plus. It is the same as Frontline Plus. It definitely works. It takes a week or so to kill the whole cycle, it seems. I got three tubes big enough to do all the indoor cats, plus some left over for $15.99 from Amazon. It took a week to get here, though. I didn't check to make sure it was Prime. So no two or three day shipping.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately, I had to have Spice euthanized. She had a blood disease that was quickly killing her. I think she had it for a while, then the fleas got to her.
So, all I have left of the Ladies are Sugar and Sheba. I do have more, though. I have Two-Face and Qtπ (Cutie pie), both are dark torties and Cutie pie is long-haired. They got in while I was in the hospital and wouldn't go back out again. Two-Face had kittens in the house, so now I have two solid grey boys, a dilute tortie and a grey tabby with white elbow length gloves and long white stockings. I'm hoping to get them fixed soon and re-home them. I don't need that many in this small house.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you. She was 9 years old. She and Sugar were adopted from the Cedar Hill TX animal shelter. They were kittens and had Giardia. My brother and sister-in-law took them and fostered them. I had lost two that year, 2011, and said I would take them once they were cured. Sugar was in deep mourning for a week. I thought I might lose her. But she is starting to perk up. When being petted this morning, she bit me. A love bite. I was so happy to be bitten.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of sweet little Spice. It is never easy to loose a pet. Good luck with your new litter.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about all you've been through. You are a very strong person.
I am deeply about your loss of Spice. ♥ :hugs: :rbheart:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Spice. And I understand about Sugar. When Banshee died, BooBoo was distraught for a good six weeks. Those two used to fight every morning while I was preparing their breakfast. I'm talking full body slams, chewing on ears, lots of yelling, all that good stuff. When she died, he just sat there at breakfast; it was like he didn't know what he was supposed to do. She wasn't there to fight with. She wasn't there to cuddle with. And he suffered. It took a good six weeks, but he finally came around. It was hard for him. So we understand that cats grieve, too.

I hope you can get the kids rehomed. Good luck!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sugar is being more animated, talking to me and giving love bites. As for the kittens, que sera, sera.

I found a wonderful product. Natural Care flea and tick Home Spray. Peppermint oil, eugenol (clove oil) and a surfactant. Inert ingredients mainly water with a little preservative. Smells wonderful. My bed smells like a spice store - mint and cloves. It seems to quickly disorient the fleas then they start to wobble when they move. Usually about then, I hit them with a half second burst from a butane lighter.

It is much cheaper than the chemical sprays and I don't think the cats will react to it. I sprayed my arm thoroughly and had no effects other than wanting to eat it. Did I say it smells wonderful? It was less than $6 for a 32 ounce spray bottle.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Greetings, all! The last day of 2020. Finally! It seems like it has lasted forever. So many unknown friends gone. So much suffering all over the world. Hopefully, we will get a handle (preferably a stranglehold) on this micro sized killer. Will have to finish later.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Had a visitor come to see how I was doing. Social distancing followed.

I hope I didn't bum you out too much. We can see some sunshine ahead, happily. This is another thing the scientists (NERDS! NERDS! NERDS!) will study and pick apart for a long time.

All the cats, both outdoor and indoor types are doing fine. Qtπ has started coming up on the bed for skritchies more often. Mini-me, who is solid black even his claws except the tips, comes in every once in a while. If he is inside, you see either two orange dots or one pink one.
Very affectionate, he will lay on my chest and start purring and rolling. I usually end up wearing a furry facemask - that nibbles the chin.

One of the nice things about living in the middle of nowhere is social distancing is easy. I have more contact with wildlife than people. I do have a new neighbor. Tim moved about 300 yards closer when he bought the other side of the road. They have lived here longer than me. I have seen the children grow from yard apes to young gentleman and ladies.

All for now. Stay safe. Stay warm. Stay positive. Love to all y'all and your furchildren.