Return of the crazy cat man

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, I do get more than basic services. A lot more. If the VA had to transport every patient from out-of-town, they would have to use a fleet of hundreds of cars, vans and ambulances.

Sarcasm is nice, but in this case I took it the wrong way. This cast is keeping me inside at home. I'm going stir-crazy. I have only been off my property three times in the last month.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Update on my ankle. I finally made it to the VA, by driving myself there. They cut the old cast off, took x-rays and had the orthopedic surgeon look at them. They put a new cast on and gave me an appointment in one month.

Because I could find nobody to drive me there in my car, the bones did not stay straightened out. It looks like I will have a limp and low-grade pain forever. The new cast may help straighten the bones out enough that surgery to place screws is an option. Otherwise, I made be crippled and have to use crutches and a wheelchair.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
New update:
Julie had a seizure and then a stroke. I had to wait all weekend till I could take her in to the vet. By that time she was so far gone, the vet and I agreed that euthanizing her would be necessary. The vet asked how I was going to bury her with my broken ankle, then offered to bury her under the same tree as her dog.

The VA gave me two early morning appointments, one in Little Rock, the other the next morning in Mena. They cancelled my Tramadol without telling me and sat on my Ambien for 11 days before even mailing it. I had very little sleep for 3 days running. Coming back from Mena, I evidently nodded off for a second, started running off the road, clipped a culvert marker and ended up in the ditch on top of some small trees the AHTD threw into it. Totalled my poor Sonic. I only got a small cut on my finger.

I went into debt to a good friend who lent me the money to buy another one my brother found me. About 10 days later the fuel pump quit when I was out of town. I tried to get someone with a trailter to get me, but everybody was working. I sat at the gas station for 24 hours before I had to end up paying $500 to have it towed home. A new fuel pump was $75 online including delivery. The parts house wanted $350 for one. Then I had to buy a special tool to take the lock ring off which cost $125. Took me 5 minutes, after trying for 4 days using a brass hammer and drift my brother sent me. "I needed on myself, so I just ordered two and had one delivered to you" he said.

Never buy a 2010 Sonata.

My ankle is still not healing properly and I will have to wear a light brace and walk with a limp forever. I have to use the handicap carts because I can't walk very far.

This has been my last few months. Now you know why I haven't been on.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
catspaw66 catspaw66 I'm so sorry about Julie :rbheart:
It sounds to me like you're used up a few years of bad luck! Hoping things start to look up for you :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I"m so sorry about Julie catspaw66 catspaw66 . You've certainly been dealing with a ton of stuff this year. I hope that ankle will get better and, eventually, you'll be able to walk better. And I hope the rest of 2020 is better for you.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: My! What a trying time for you! Condolences on losing Julie - that was a tough situation & hard decision to make but you did the right thing. Thank God you survived the car crash relatively unscathed. When your prescriptions get held up in the mail, you ought to be able to go to a local pharmacy and get an emergency supply; using GoodRx, Parachute, RxReader or something similar can make it affordable & some insurances will reimburse you if you argue enough.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:alright: My! What a trying time for you! Condolences on losing Julie - that was a tough situation & hard decision to make but you did the right thing. Thank God you survived the car crash relatively unscathed. When your prescriptions get held up in the mail, you ought to be able to go to a local pharmacy and get an emergency supply; using GoodRx, Parachute, RxReader or something similar can make it affordable & some insurances will reimburse you if you argue enough.
No pharmacy will give me Class 3 meds without a prescription in hand. Most of my stuff is restricted.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I"m so sorry about Julie catspaw66 catspaw66 . You've certainly been dealing with a ton of stuff this year. I hope that ankle will get better and, eventually, you'll be able to walk better. And I hope the rest of 2020 is better for you.
Thank you. The car had to be towed home again. This time it is either the battery or alternator. Payday isn't until Tuesday and Thursday.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And probably for a long time. I was in the hospital for a week and had casts on until the end of April. Then I was given a walking boot, which I used for a month. I now wear a drugstore Ace ankle brace 23 hours a day. Sometimes I move just wrong and can feel the bones pop, like a knee popping.

How long ago did you you break yours? Do you still have pain? Did they do surgery to insert metal pins?