Rest well my little baby 12/28/20 Tribute to the one-eyed cat

Juliejewels

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sweet Baby started out as “one eyed Willie”. A four-year old mutt of a street cat with one eye and seven toes that I fell in love with at the shelter.

I didn’t want to love him since he wasn’t gorgeous like my dearly departed Coco Chanel the Maine Coon, but little did I know we were destined to be family. He had been a shelter resident for 6 long months, always getting passed over for the prettier ones, but really it was just God holding him for the time I would find him. When asked why I picked him I would always reply, “I’m not perfect either and he loves me anyhow”. We were soul-tied. He was sent to heal my heart break over Ccoo.

Once he was home with me, he never left my side. He slept on my pillow, was always draped over my
shoulder, gave sweet kitty kisses and loved hugs. Every single morning he would wait on the arm of the sofa for his long hug after my coffee. He loved to be coddled and cuddled.

He endured a golden retriever, ex husband, job transfers, moving houses. He had all his teeth pulled at the ripe old age of 14, still ate like a pig and demanded to naw on my fingers affectionately. He wore a pirate outfit, owned a sombrero and gained the nickname El Niño. He was just a sweet sweet boy.

He was always slow and kinda lazy, I’m not sure I ever saw him chase anything, but just a few weeks ago he seemed slower and wasn‘t eating much. I didn’t realize it right away because my mom was in ICU and I was spending long hours at the hospital. I realized, though during our morning coffee ritual hug he felt thinner. AKA Big belly, he weighed almost 19 at his biggest (17 when he dieted) but now he was down to about 15lbs. He was breathing different.

That night he laid on my bed pillow. I spoke to him and caressed him for much of the night. I thought he was going to take his last breaths and I told him it was ok to sleep. I reminded him of our 14 years together and sang to him. I held him. He stayed with me though. That morning I brought my coffee into bed to sit with my boy. He didn’t want to come downstairs.

We went to the vet later that day.
I didn’t think I’d be coming home alone. I wasn’t thinking anything. Yet, I was ready to support my beloved as the biggest act of love I could express.
The vet said it was time. I tried to find someone to do it at home since he was such a scaredy cat, but he had given up fighting. He was peaceful and calm at the vet. I just held him and said my tearful goodbye.
I think we both had peace as we passed through that moment together.

The day I brought him home in 2007 I promised him we’d be together until the end and we were.
I miss my little baby so much and do a lot of crying. He really was family to me and showed me unconditional love.

To my Sweet Baby Kitten may you rest in peace knowing how loved you are. Thank you for 14 years. You will always be in my heart, my sweet gray boy.

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
He was a beautiful boy, perfect in every way. My heart choked reading this beautiful tribute. I admit I cried, too.

Be strong. He gave you all those wonderful years for you to hold in your heart so deeply, until you both are reunited again with your Coco. For now, I believe they are together, running around and chasing each other playfully. I hope in time you learn to heal. I know it is hard, but you will heal. Grief takes in many forms. It could be a scent. It can also be some random things you see but will remind you of Willie. Whatever it is that will bring you pain, I hope you are strong to overcome your grief. Take it one day at a time. Just hang in there. We are all here for you.

Run in eternal happiness, sweet Gray Boy Willie aka El Nino. Chase all the butterflies you can see and remember in your heart that you are so loved dearly by your human, then until eternity.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This was a wonderful love story........:rbheart:

You two were destined to find each other, and you gave him a wonderful life when no one else wanted to, and he thanks you for it. You had great years together, but no amount of years with them is ever enough, but you will have eternity together when you meet one day down the road and it will be wonderful, and he will say "thank you for taking me in and taking care of me" and it will be tears of joy not sadness.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry that you lost your little friend, he is fine now, just fine....I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet, sweet boy.... You will be blessed for giving him a home when no one else would, in return he gave you 14 years of devotion and love. You were meant to be together, to share your life's journey with each other for a while, and now he follows a new path, though it will forever parallel your own. Though his parting brings pain into your world right now, try to celebrate the life, the love of that wonderful little boy, not dwell on his end. He would never want that for someone he loves so much, just as you would never want him to carry such pain if you were the first to go. Death is but a fleeting moment in life, none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. That is why it is so important to grasp every wonder and appreciate the love and beauty this world has to offer.
He was in your life for a reason, the love he brought to your world is spiritual, so eternal. The pain is great right now, but how tragic it would have been to have never known that love at all. Like a mother with many children, each love we share is unique and personal. We can have many loves in our lives, each one as irreplaceable and unique as a snowflake. Each one resides beside the other in our heart and soul, adding on to and allowing that love to flourish and grow even stronger. Do not be afraid to add on to Sweet Baby's love, it will help distract your pain and start you on the road to healing. The pain will always be there, it just will eventually soften with time into something you can live with, be able to handle.
Time, it is said, heals all wounds. And that is so, even a broken heart. But it will always leave a scar and it is up to us to find ways to help that scar fade. Knowing your boy is as close as your thoughts and prayers, is always sending love your way and always will, is a start. Let that love live on through you now. Let it help you through this grieving, and let others who have been standing in your shoes help to share that burden. One day, in time, that love will shine forth once more, bring you happiness, though with a pang of sorrow at times. Let time and his love strengthen you when you feel you are growing weak under the weight of your sorrow. We are here to tell you that life goes on. one day at a time........RIP Sweet Baby. You will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking the "imperfect", the "ugly", the "different", "the outcast".
I see it every time I'm volunteering at the shelter. The old, missing eyes, no teeth, on medication, different cats are overlooked, not even given a simple minute to show who they are on the inside.
He was a beautiful boy, with a beautiful soul. You have a beautiful soul too, which is why you two fit together like pieces of a puzzle.
From me and my family of "perfectly broken" cats, I want to say thank you for taking such good care of him and that we're always here should you want or need to talk/vent. 💕

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Juliejewels

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all the love and comforting words ❤❤❤ It really means a lot. 🙏🏻

I have taken in a new baby who I think was cat-angel-hand (paw ?} picked for me. He even has touches of gray 🐈⬛ . I named him Jack.
He had severe UTI when I got him so we’ve endured visits to the pet ER in the middle of the night, over night stays, have 14 days of meds and special diet, but he’s HOME now. He is sweet and affectionate and will NEVER take the place my Sweet Baby, but the the list of cats I love will grow.

He already owns me.
Meet Jack, the former feral who will now live a life of luxury, belly rubs and whatever else he wants 😻

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Juliejewels

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for taking the "imperfect", the "ugly", the "different", "the outcast".
I see it every time I'm volunteering at the shelter. The old, missing eyes, no teeth, on medication, different cats are overlooked, not even given a simple minute to show who they are on the inside.
He was a beautiful boy, with a beautiful soul. You have a beautiful soul too, which is why you two fit together like pieces of a puzzle.
From me and my family of "perfectly broken" cats, I want to say thank you for taking such good care of him and that we're always here should you want or need to talk/vent. 💕
❤❤❤

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all the love and comforting words ❤❤❤ It really means a lot. 🙏🏻

I have taken in a new baby who I think was cat-angel-hand (paw ?} picked for me. He even has touches of gray 🐈⬛ . I named him Jack.
He had severe UTI when I got him so we’ve endured visits to the pet ER in the middle of the night, over night stays, have 14 days of meds and special diet, but he’s HOME now. He is sweet and affectionate and will NEVER take the place my Sweet Baby, but the the list of cats I love will grow.

He already owns me.
Meet Jack, the former feral who will now live a life of luxury, belly rubs and whatever else he wants 😻
This is wonderful, another I would pretty much say "Tuxedo" has found a great home, you are wonderful for doing this, he looks so happy and content!!

I am so happy for you and him, even my Sylvester is happy for you both too lol!! :clapcat: :rbheart: :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Baby, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

This is what I know...Sweet Baby's love for you is now translated and purified into Love, and continues on. It will stay with you forever. And yes, I believe that he had a paw in your finding your precious Jack. No, they never "take the place of." They make their very own place, next to our departed babies' places. The heart holds many rooms, and the more love you give, the more you have to give. This is the way of Love.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat and lovely photos! I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart is with you!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your tribute to Willie is heart touching, I cried reading your words. This was and IS true love, something that is rarely seen. No doubt you were made for each other, he was meant to be with you, be glad the other visitors to the shelter overlooked him, or you wouldn't have met.
RIP Willie, you were loved more than many other cats can say.

So Glad to read you gave a forever home to another poor and unlucky cat, Jack, who from now on will be one of the luckiest cats on Earth.
He will never take the place of Willie, as you say, but he will have his OWN place, I'm sure.
Welcome Jack!