Rest in peace Simba

mommakitty92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my cat simba. He was my first kitty. He was only 3 yrs young when he had to cross the bridge. He suffered with cancer for a yr and a half before the pain became too much for him to bear. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I loved on him kissing him saying it was OK. As the doctor walked in I knew it was real. She put the need in his arm and said "he's going to fall asleep now" I watched the life go from his eyes instantly. He just went limp in my arms he was gone. That very moment haunts me still. I cried uncontrollably for hours. I miss him so much. I hope he will remember me when I see him again. And most of all I hope I done the right thing and he will understand.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful Tribute. He was here a short while but he had a home and he was loved. Run free Simba

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.  You did the right thing.  I've been there before so I know how hard it was and how much it hurts.  He had been in pain and was ready.  My belief is that he will be there to greet you when you cross that bridge.

playerdark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is always hard to do, but you did the right thing. I waited too long with my first cat and that still haunts me. Cats don't know when you put them to sleep, so this is the best way to go.

All the best to you and I hope you get over the pain soon

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course you did the right thing by eliminating the horrible anguish of someone so loved and cherished. The pain was something that could not be cured or made better, and it is a heroic last act of love to offer the release of it and to bring peace to a wonderful companions soul. It hurt so bad to be there for him, but it meant the world to him to have the one he loved the most be there to comfort him in his time of need. Please accept my sincere condolences, the anguish is so unbearable in those first few weeks, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. We at this site understand your pain, and offer what comfort we can to help, we are all joined together by our anguish, and need to mourn as a family. I cry for your loss, your beautiful boy left\ this earth way too soon. RIP beautiful Simba, you can rest knowing you will be held forever in your loving family's hearts!

scullynmaxmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss, he was so young. It is such a hard thing to do, and the moment that they give them the shot is an awful moment.  I had to put my sweet girl to sleep a lost 3 weeks ago, it is like someone sticking a knife in your heart. I am still filled with grief, i think of her every day. If you ever need to talk to someone who is going through a similar experience, please message me.

seaturtle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You did a loving thing for him. How hard it is to be present at that moment, and what a gift you gave him by being there to comfort him.

There are no words for this kind of pain. I will be thinking of you and all of us here who are going through such awfully painful times.

meowzart

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You couldn't pick a better place to ask for love and support right now. You have my thoughts and prayers. I was mad when my boy passed 3 years ago and he was 8...3, yeesh! Makes my feelings at the time seems petty. But honestly, I do feel for you, the pain will be there, and anyone who thinks you need to get over it, just ignore 'em. Simba had your love, and you are surrounded by fellow cat lovers who share your heartache. God bless you.

emilycatgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm  sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to you during this difficult time. Stay strong.

Rest In Peace Simba

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommakitty92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your caring words and thoughts. I don't know if I'll ever stop grieving for my Simba. He was very special to me in many ways.