Rest in Peace, Oliver

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
This was something I needed to get off my chest.
I've only known Oliver for 2 days. He doesn't know me at all. Oliver came to me at the crematory, already having crossed the rainbow bridge. Oliver isn't my cat, nor do I know the owner at all. I also don't have any pictures of him before he left this world. But his story, his last day on Earth, hurt me to my soul.
Oliver is a beautiful orange tabby with a white chest and feet. He was a stray who eventually found someone to give him that extra bit of love he rightfully deserved. Oliver would roam.the neighborhood where he lived, finding food wherever he could until one day, a lady (we'll call her P) started to put food out for him on a regular basis. Soon, he had a blanket too. Then one day, he got to come inside! At nights he would stay inside, with a bed, a cat tree, food and water. During the day, he'd be back out roaming the streets he knew so well. That is, until someone decided they'd use him for their own enjoyment.
Oliver was shot in the back with a BB gun. His back legs stopped working. Knowing only one place to go, he drug himself for miles, using his front legs only while his back legs lay limp, scraping across the pavement. He made it to the one place he considered home, back feet completely destroyed. By the time his family found him and tried to get him to a vet, it was too late.
When the family told me this story, it registered in my mind, but I wasn't completely connected with it. With my job, I hear stories every single day, but when I was asked to take ink prints on Oliver, it was only when I saw him and his back legs that I felt their story. The story became a harsh reality of a handsome orange tabby who finally found a home, only to give everything he had just to make it back there one more time.
I wanted to write this so Oliver will have another place to call home. Another home he deserved. A place where he's seen for who he was, a gentle soul who just wanted to be loved. Rest in peace, Oliver. You're home again.
IMG_20210304_155514.jpg

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for taking the time to give tribute to Oliver - and to the family who took him into their home. It brought tears to my eyes, and I will now truly never forget Oliver. RIP, little buddy. And, gratitude for those who cared enough about Oliver for him to care about them.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a courageous, sweet boy! It breaks my heart to see his life cut short like this when he finally found happiness......
thank you Mr. Meow Mr. Meow , for bringing this to our attention, he will find all the love and gratitude here that he didn't have at the beginning of his life. Bless that family that took him in and gave him the home and care he deserved. That they are going to cherish his memory now is a testament to their love...
There is a special place in hell for those who torture and maim animals, I pray this hell on each and every one of them. There are so many.......
RIP dear Oliver. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Oliver, I am so so sorry that you had to cross paths with evil. I don't know you but I love you and will say a prayer for you. My beautiful Midnight crossed earlier this year. I hope you two become friends.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Oliver, I am so so sorry that you had to cross paths with evil. I don't know you but I love you and will say a prayer for you. My beautiful Midnight crossed earlier this year. I hope you two become friends.
I'm certain they have and I know my Vincie girl was probably the first to greet him
as she loves handsome guys! He'll be leading the conga line at the next Bridge
party.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I could feel my heart being pinched as I read the story. This is so sad and at the same time so disgusted that monstrous human beings still walk this earth.

I am sorry for Oliver's family for having to feel this pain. I am so sorry for Oliver for having this unfortunate fate come upon him. He did not deserve to die this way.

I am also so sorry that you have to find out Oliver's passing. It hurts even if we do not know a certain animal having to suffer like how Oliver did. My heart cries out in sadness and anger.

Oliver, rest in eternal peace. I hope you only know happiness and calm right now. You have touched our hearts with your story. You are free now, sweetie from all the evil of the world. Your family loved you dearly, and I am sure they will miss you every passing day.