Rest In Peace Now My Dear, Dear Friends.

kraag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats have no names, I could not bring myself to do this as I consider them their own masters, I do not own them. I do/did love them wholeheartedly and unconditionally though.

Top left cat is the mother of the other three in the picture, she was killed around (assumed) 10th - 11th of Novemeber 2018 by snake bite. I started calling her around the 12th as she didn't come in for her daily feed, I found her a day later curled up in her favorite sleeping spot under the corner of the house after doing a thorough search on the property, at the very least I have closure because I know exactly what happened to her, and was able to bury her body, unlike the other two. She was mostly happy and very healthy, I very much looked forward to seeing her every day I woke and when I returned home from work. She had beautiful soft light-gray fur, was always very playful and young-hearted even in her older age, she loved a scratch on the belly and would roll over at any hint of my hands going in that direction. She was an excellnt rat/mouse catcher and I taught her not to touch any birds, she would watch Butcher birds from a few feet away eating her dry food. I had her desexed after the second litter and they took her uterus out, she then developed an eating disorder and packed on a few extra pounds but was still healthy. She was about 10 years old.

The small cat in the upper right was the runt of the mothers second litter, she wouldn't feed him and kept kicking him away, so I had to make sure he got a fair share of the milk by placing him onto a teat. This became a great bond between us and, growing up, he never left my side, until one day he also didn't come home and I never saw him again. I have his purple collar hanging on my bedpost next to his mothers pink collar. He was only about 2-3 years old. He had a crooked tail and the cheekiest little face you'd ever seen. He was a very small cat but had a very big personality.

The bottom left cat was a daughter of the mothers first litter, she was the first to disappear and I honestly can't remember her that well. I know she had a very soft meow and very very soft lovely fur and she was rather tall. I asked a neighbour/friend to feed my cats while I went away for a week for work, when I came back she was gone and never returned. I never spoke to that 'friend' again as he did not do what he said he would do which resulted in the loss of another dear friend.

The big boy on the bottom right is still kicking, I really don't think he'll ever die because he's so huge and strong and as healthy as a racehorse. Eats as much too. His mother and his siblings live on inside him. It's just him and myself now, I do not dare think about the day I'll not have him around any longer, my heart hurts so much after the loss of his mother and siblings earlier. I can stand to take his loss when it comes but I'll not be attaining any other pets in the future as the inevitable loss of these good friends is too great to be burdened with again and again.

They will be dearly missed and fondly remembered until my own death takes hold and I can meet them in my next life.

Hello to the community of feline enthusiasts, this isn't the best way of saying hello to you all but my abosolute despair and grief over the loss of the mother cat had me do this in their memory. So, thanks for letting me post this and to help me get over their loss and thank you for taking the time to read this.

cats0.jpg

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome on TCS!

It seems you have great respect for your cats, and you love and have loved them very much.
Death is hard to accept, especially when it falls upon our dear and innocent furballs. You are wise when you say that someday we will be all reunited with them, I hope this is the meaning of life, knowing each other here on this Earth and meeting again at the Rainbow Bridge, never to be parted.

May all your special friends be at peace now!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your beautiful tribute to those you have lost and to the one remaining little one who holds your heart. By remembering them you honor them, each and every one of them holds a special place in your heart that will remain there until the day you too die and then will be reunited with them all.....
The bonds of love you built with them will remain with you, nothing, not even death is strong enough to take that which is spiritual and good. "Death cannot take that which never dies" and the love you have for them never will.
They are all as near as your thoughts and prayers, so send them thoughts of happiness and joy, of reminiscing about better times to bring yourself comfort, and they will be in peace.
Not one of them would want you to hold such sadness in your heart because of them. Just as you would want for them if you were the first to go, they want no less for you. You can never change the past, but the future is yours to mold into how you want to live the rest of your life. You held no intent in your heart in any of their deaths, so you cannot hold guilt upon your soul. You loved them and only wanted the best for them in life, it is as simple as that.
Death comes for us all in time, and living a life in sadness and grief is not living it to the fullest. Try not to dwell on the sadness but celebrate sharing your life's journey for a little while with each and every one of them. To have never known their sweet love at all would have been unthinkable. You have been truly blessed.
When the dark shadows of grief come into your heart, think of the good times, they far outweigh the sad. Do something good to banish the tears, it makes you feel a little better about yourself. Make a small donation, money if you can, or food, toys, supplies, to your local shelter or sanctuary. I pay for the oldest cats adoption several times a year in my loved one's memories, it makes me feel better to know I may bring love and a home to the unwanted and abandoned.
I have had much heartache too in my life, there are so many little graves.....but my pain is worth knowing them, loving them, and knowing I made a difference in each and every one of their lives. They are not gone, they will always be a part of me, and the new paths they follow will forever parallel my own.
My heart breaks for your caring, you are a good person with a wonderful heart. and a soul full to the brim with the love of all those little ones who loved you..... I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
RIP precious little ones, you will forever be remembered and honored on this earth, you will have secure places in a loving heart for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kraag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your comforting words :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friends, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I am so, so sorry. When we care for ferals, we know that we face the possibility of one day having them just...not be there. But it hurts. It hurts so much. Still, better to be open to pain than to shut out love.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since you are aware about the Wilderness Law, you know prey and predators are all over the place. It is difficult for a human to accept, since our Love is expected to be more powerful than the Law.

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

===

I will revert on the practical issues: how are you so sure that it is about snake bite? First, cats have rapid movements, they can, usually resist snake attacks by elusive movements (jumps); second, can you spot the snake bite marks, why do you think so?

I am saying all these because if it not about a snake bite, could be rat poison or anything else.

===
My full respect to you and my head bow to the Cats crossing the Bridge!