Resources for FIV+ Cats

MeowingMoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can anyone help me find resources for FIV+ Cats? I am located near Akron, Ohio and I rescued an unaltered male cat that is at least 6 years old and has dental issues, an URI and a leg injury. He is currently on antibiotics and eye drops for his problems. He seemed a lot better at first, but the last couple days seems to be getting worse again.
He was tested last week and was positive for FIV, which I was somewhat expecting due to his previous outdoor lifestyle and the presenting health concerns.
I want to get him to a FIV friendly rescue. I am willing to foster him, but I have to keep him in the basement away from my other personal cats and fosters and I feel bad for him. E213FF50-1B65-4995-BBA8-5E0CBD96675D.jpeg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
About Us | deedeesfelines
Maumee Valley Save-A-Pet - Helping+Positives
FIV Positive Cats | Geauga Humane Society's Rescue Village
FIV+ Adoptions - Cat Adoption Team
Cat Welfare Ohio - About

I have no experience with these groups but they came up when I googled FIV cat rescue in OH. They may or may not be able to help and some may not be rescues, per se. I have found that in rescue though, rescuers often seem to know someone who knows someone else and that may allow you to network enough to find a place for your boy.

Thank you for trying to help him.