Rescuing A Neighbor's Cat Sos

Bacon_pancakes_1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and need some advice. Warning: long post ahead:

we are a getting a new kitten in October that we are very excited about. We talked to our landlord today about it, and everything is coming together. Our super lives below us and he also has a kitten. He was at the landlord's office and asked us if we wanted to take his cat because he is too wild for him. Our apartment complex only allows one cat per apartment, but I can't let that poor baby stay there if he isn't being treated well (I have heard yelling in recent days, assuming it was at the cat). Our landlord then suggested to him to get the cat fixed as that can help calm them down. I am looking for any advice on what to do. I would love to take him in and keep him, but I'm worried about doing that with our new kitten on the way. I know giving him to a shelter is another way to go, but I feel so guilty doing that. Any advice???

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
B Bacon_pancakes_1 I see a way forward since your landlord is in on all this. Say you would have been happy to take the kitten / cat BUT you already have committed to a different kitten. HOWEVER, in order to keep the peace and if your landlord is willing to waive the one cat / apartment you would be glad to take it in. But only so long as you are able to keep the kitten you already committed to taking.

Besides, two kittens will play together, keeping themselves happy with cat things. Super will be happy without cat, no worries on his mind while he takes care of the apartments. Landlord will be happy with happy super.

Win / win / win all around.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While discussing that, you might throw out the possibility of allowing you to foster this little guy until you can find a good home for him, since you have committed to the kitten you have coming. Even give it a reasonable time limit. That gives you some breathing space to find the right situation if the landlord remains adamant about the one pet rule. You can, LAUGHINGLY point out that two cats MIGHT be considered the same as one medium dog...AND they won't be barking all night...or pooping on the lawn...