Rescuer or rescuee?

Faith68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im Faith. I recently adopted a Siamese kitten we named Simon. Simon was found in a dumpster at age 5 weeks and weighed 1.3 pounds. He was sent to a local vet hospital for wound care, dehydration, respiratory infection. 5 days later he was posted for foster care and I was able to take him. He’s come a long way in 4 weeks! I officially adopted him over a week ago. He’s still skiddish but also craves affection. I notice he stays low and runs under things while other cats like to be high. Working on his confidence and trust. He’s brought so much love to my life 💗.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
3d4a7fca5a901077faa7d23e16e6e300.gif
Faith and Simon, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
6b0761785619f5d03bafcffc9be0400b.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Simon and for giving him a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary for him to live out his life :clapcat:

Do post photos of Simon for us to see! :camera: :camera: :camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Here are some additional articles for you to read :-

why-you-should-spay-and-neuter-your-cats

when-to-spay-or-neuter-a-cat

spaying-and-neutering-what-to-ask-before-the-surgery

spaying-and-neutering-what-to-look-for-after-surgery

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:Faith and Simon, what a lucky escape he had. Thanks for giving him his forever home. Looking forward to seeing pictures of Simon when he's settled in.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy to hear about you and Simon - you're obviously very good for one other. :catlove:

Don't worry if Simon's not a friend of high places. I've posted here earlier because none of my 5 cats are particularly interested in heights and I was wondering if I could clear my house of some of the 6 cat trees cluttering up the place. Three of them are in front of a very large, floor-to-ceiling window, looking out onto a bird's feeding station - full of young sparrows. But the cats prefer to watch from ground level. They do use scratching posts but that's as far as it goes. In the living room, at the moment one cat is asleep on "my chair" which I hardly have a chance to sit on myself, one is sleeping at ground level in a cat-barrel, and one is balanced on a bean bag pouffe. In the bedroom cat numder 4 is sleepng on the windowsill, and the fifth is with me in my office sleeping on the spare bed, I really must give away some of this cat furniture - mine obviously prefer human furniture.

Many years ago I had a cat who loved the high cat tree but I think she used it simply to get away from the other cat.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and Simon! How lucky you are to have found each other. I loved the title of your thread. So often the cat we rescue also rescues us! I hope to see pictures of him soon!