Rescued cat pregnant!?

Smittenkitten13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
I reduced a cat from petco in February and was told she was 2 years old had two litters before and was spayed. When we took her home she only would stay in her crate and a high up storage loft area where she stays all day long. We have her space for the first two weeks. Then we showed her around our studio it’s small area only two rooms plus the loft above the stairs. She wasn’t interested in the apartment except at night she would come to our bed for some lovin, then back to the loft. Well tha cat got out and was gone for 2.5 weeks now that she’s back she’s super affectionate, sleeps on our bed which she never did before is unbelievable affectionate and is meowing a lot now which she didn’t do befor. Her belly is big but when we adopted her she had a big belly from her two previous pregnancy’s we were told about. Seems bigger to me now. And also now her nipples are very white and the hairs away from them making them look poked out now. She now nibble or bites my hand when I touch her belly which she never use to do before. She is getting better with checking out the apartment rather then staying on the loft all day. I was told she was spayed because they spayed all their rescues but could she possibly be pregnant from being out for almost three weeks we do have regular Make cats hanging around our house a lot I don’t know much about them or who they belong too. I can’t tell if she’s just happy to be home or if she’s pregnant help please!

Attachments

Jaeivy2331

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Honestly I just went through a pregnancy with a cat that was abandoned. Likely because she was pregnant. She exhibited all of the behavior you’re describing. This cat was already a few weeks pregnant then. If your cats nipples start darkening and getting pink then it’s likely. It’s early so the vet may not be able to tel but an ultrasound will tell you. Also just getting a simple wellness check can see if she’s spayed b/c Most places rescues or vets tattoo or dock ears to indicate spayed. It’s controversial but I did get this cat spayed despite the pregnancy. Every kitten that is born another cat dies and that’s just the honest truth. Especially now during kitten season there are far too many kittens as it is. People usually adopt kittens so the other cats end up euthanized to make shelter space or lack of resources with all the kitten influx. Now that’s my decision and opinion based on the last month and a half with a pregnant cat. Hope that helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Smittenkitten13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Honestly I just went through a pregnancy with a cat that was abandoned. Likely because she was pregnant. She exhibited all of the behavior you’re describing. This cat was already a few weeks pregnant then. If your cats nipples start darkening and getting pink then it’s likely. It’s early so the vet may not be able to tel but an ultrasound will tell you. Also just getting a simple wellness check can see if she’s spayed b/c Most places rescues or vets tattoo or dock ears to indicate spayed. It’s controversial but I did get this cat spayed despite the pregnancy. Every kitten that is born another cat dies and that’s just the honest truth. Especially now during kitten season there are far too many kittens as it is. People usually adopt kittens so the other cats end up euthanized to make shelter space or lack of resources with all the kitten influx. Now that’s my decision and opinion based on the last month and a half with a pregnant cat. Hope that helps.
i choose adoption because I knew they spayed and neutered their cats but I can’t tell what’s going on with her if she’s in heat or pregnant is it possible they didn’t spray her or if she could get pregnant if they did spayed her? Also Is her white nipples normal? I didn’t think they were this white before.

thanks for all your help

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She somehow missed getting spayed and now she is pregnant. Check out our articles about pregnant cats and get ready for kittens!

Smittenkitten13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How do you know if their pregnant? I posted pictures does she look pregnant?

Smittenkitten13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
MOD NOTE: This post has been merged from another thread.

........................................................................................................................

I rescued a cat that was suppose to be fixed she got out of the house and was roaming the neighborhood for 2.5 weeks theirs lots of make cats in our neighborhood. Now that she’s back she’s overly affectionate I mean really laying on the love. Her belly’s big but she always had a sort of bigger belly because she had 2 previous litters. She’s 2.5 years old. Her nipples are very white!? But the hair around them seems different now more away from the nipple so you see them more then you use too. She never ever use to sleep in my bed or wander around she was always very skiddish the 4 months we had her. Now she’s always on the bed cuddling roaming since she got back she is now meowing ALOT. She grooms herself like crazy but has always been kinda that way since we got her And she does try to still get outside how do I know if she’s pregnant or just in heat!? HELPPPP!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Smittenkitten13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I got her from a rescue group they told me she was spayed how can you tell if she really actually was spayed?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most cats have a tattoo on their belly to indicate they were spayed. Do you see a tattoo? You should contact the rescue and let them know she appears pregnant. They can check her for pregnancy. If she is pregnant she was not spayed.

Smittenkitten13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since she’s been back she will no longer let me touch her belly it’s very hard she rabbit kicks my hand

Jaeivy2331

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you can, you should get her to a vet. If you adopted her from Petco she’s probably spayed. But hard belly is an indication of trouble. Could be a fake pregnancy or something else wrong.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think she's pregnant. I don't see anything that makes me thinks she is; her nipples are normal for a female that has had 2 litters in the past. I think the personality change is just because she's settling in to your home. It can take 3-6 months before they really feel like they belong.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Within a week my Emmys nipples were pink and after 3 weeks bigger...

Smittenkitten13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here are updated pictures of her she’s gained a lot of weight since my first post

Attachments

Smittenkitten13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think she's pregnant. I don't see anything that makes me thinks she is; her nipples are normal for a female that has had 2 litters in the past. I think the personality change is just because she's settling in to your home. It can take 3-6 months before they really feel like they belong.
I updated pictures

Smittenkitten13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I updated photos

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's still in the realm of possibility that she's just eating well, or developed worms from her adventures. Best to get her in for a checkup, I think.

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely give her a checkup. Your cats behaviour is like a pregnant cats, however I think it will definitely be more obvious later on in the pregnancy (if its a pregnancy). If she is pregnant her stomach will soon be very large, it should look like she swallowed a football :)