Rescued cat is too aggressive and very affectionate at the same time.

armadillo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I've found an injured cat in the street (Siamese) it seems that he has 2 years, I took him to the vet, he treated him, and now he is at my home in a closed room to recover with plenty of food and water/litter box... (I can't let him go out because I have another pregnant cat and when he saw her he was tooooo aggressive)

He is very affectionate when I pet him (he looks like he was adopted in another house, and he escaped for mating or something), and when he sees me he rubs against me, but when I stay with him for 10 min or so, he starts biting me and scratching me too aggressively without hissing, to a point where he injured me and my mom so bad with bites and scratches (like a blade), and he wants to escape all the time, he searches for any (open) door all the time, when I open the door he tries to escape.

My question is: is there any chance that I can adopt him and stop him from being too aggressive (other than spraying, I want him to mate my female cat in the future)? my family is very afraid of him (when he becomes aggressive), or I must try to search for another home for him?

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know you don't want to neuter him, but that might be your only option, he could be frustrated at not being able to go out and mate.

Is your female cat a pedigree? If she's not a pedigree please don't breed from her and the male. There's too many non-pedigree cats in rescue that sadly could get euthanased (spelling) due to lack of homes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

armadillo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know you don't want to neuter him, but that might be your only option, he could be frustrated at not being able to go out and mate.

Is your female cat a pedigree? If she's not a pedigree please don't breed from her and the male. There's too many non-pedigree cats in rescue that sadly could get euthanased (spelling) due to lack of homes.
Does the aggressiveness come from the frustration of not going out to mate? I won't have any other solution except neutering?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for taking in this cat and getting his injuries tended to! I agree with the others. Even if your female is pedigreed, you would not have a 'pedigree-able' litter because this male cat has no papers.

If you want another pet, neuter him and then work with him to become an indoor cat. If you don't want another pet, then start the search for another home for him. Local rescue centers, no-kill shelters, SPCA are places to start. I don't know where you are located, but do not offer him to anyone 'for free', unless you know the prospective adopters, as you have no idea what they might use him for.

It might be beneficial to have him neutered, vaccinated, and then ask for a re-homing fee to cover the costs.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
A armadillo , TCS is pro spay and neuter, and that will be the nature of the responses, especially since his behavioural issues are directly linked to the fact that he's entire. His whole drive is towards mating. He will spray and express other behaviours that are difficult to deal with if you try to keep him, un-neutered.
I think FeebysOwner FeebysOwner has given you very good advice. :)

CodyMolly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi sooo nice you want to keep him! To have the best of both worlds if he gets neutered he definitely will calm down. I have a cat patches who I found outside she Loves my other cats loves me too rubs on my legs but if I pet her too much she bites me or swats me. I think it’s because she gets over stimulated with happiness I think. I have learned to love her just the way she is. She so sweet and loves belly rubs too but if I do it too long - she gives me Love bites! So I know my limitation. But your cat is a boy so I definitely think he’ll calm down and that’s really what you want if you keep him. I would keep him and don’t worry about always looking to go outside that calms down too. In the end they all become couch potatoes if you let them.