rescue remedy-- anyone use it for their cats?

mscatamaran

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im having a situation with 2 of the 3 cats i have. My one year old (Quinne) won't get the hint that my 4 year old (Odessa) doesnt want to play. Odessa wants to be left alone and even with all the scratches shes acquring Quinne is just not getting it. Maybe she doesnt  care. Maybe she loves to make Odessa's life hell. I dont know why she keeps doing it but im at my wits end.

Feliway did nothing to fix or even tame this situation. I really dont want to dose my cats up with anti-psychotic meds so I was going to try this: Recue Remedy for Pets.

has anyone tried it to tame aggression or fear? If you add it to their water, do they taste it, do they turn into emotionless energy-lacking zombies?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I use flower essences on animals and sometimes it can be extra-ordinarily effective! I have a similar situation to you at the moment... my new kitten just won't stop harassing my older girl, to the point of obsession.  I've actually tried giving Rescue Remedy for that, but some behavioural techniques (redirecting attention etc) I think are pretty important. It is best to have it made up by a naturopath in spring water, rather than the alchohol version.

And it doesn't have to be just the generic Rescue Remedy... flower essences can be made up for a particular issue.

I remember once housesitting a friend's gorgeous old 14 year old Labrador.  He missed his people enormously... wouldn't eat, moped and was obviously really depressed.  Some friends turned up with what they said was the answer - Walnut essence.  They used it on their dog when his favourite person, Bill, was away and swore that after a few drops he'd be wandering round saying "Bill who??". 

They were right and this boy responded pretty quickly.

One thing about these situations... there's no such thing as a placebo effect in animals.  It either works, or it doesn't.

ligwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been using it for months now. I use it for my anxiety filled guy Jasper (also known as the marker). It does seem to help him. Seems to just take the edge off. I have to use it every day though. No way will he drink the water with it in it so I take a dropper full and put it right on top of his little head then rub it in. He doesn't mind that at all. In fact, when he sees me with the dropper he'll just sit still. I think he likes his head rubbed. ;)

pisimisi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i have quite good expirience with Bach's flower remedies and homeopathic remedies myself. I use only holistic treatments not only for myself but for my cat also.

Rescue remedy works exelently for calming the cat. But if for example the cat is too stressed, for example if transported with car it woun't prevent the cat from miaowing constantly because that is her way to tell you that she doesent like what is happening.

Flower remedies work very mild on anymals/humans emotions. You can even heal your cat with them, but if the problem has already come on a physical level then homeophaty is more apropriate. Homeopathic remedies solve strong emotional and psychical problems among with physical problems, but u should seek professional homeopathic counsellor in my opinion.

Cats are very energy sensitive. For example they pick geopathogenic zones to sleep. Thatswhy old people say that u should never sleep where a cat sleeps and only sleep where a dog lies down. Another of my observations are that my 2 dogs for example love to be treated with reiki energy. My cat though doesent like to be reiki treated although it heals her sneezing very well (its an extreme exotic persian, a breed that often have coriza and eye inflamation problems). But here is the deal. My cat LOVES flower remedies and every time she sees me or my boyfriend to take a remedie she gets exited and cries out that she wants aswell. We use few drops in a glas of water and then take 20-30 ml with a syringe and then ask her to come. She miaows and jumps on the couch then sits still highs up her head and gives one side of her face where we gently open sidewise her mouth with the syringe and squirt the remedie. And she swollows willingly. That is amazing to observe :)

Another interesting observation is that the cat can pick the rigth remedie for herself. I catched her once sneaking in the remedie box and i saw her picking one of the little bottles and i catched her by surprise when she was pulling it out of the box and she dropped it on the flor. When i checked then whats the remedie for it seemed one of the right picks (some are similar by simptoms but different by energy ofcourse). This is the same as when the cat goes in the garden and picks some kinds of grass to eat and leaves another.

I have also a dog that has epilepsy. When hes mate died he started having seizures again. The attacks are horrible to watch he is helpless and cries and it sometimes takes up to 3 min or more to pass. After that it takes time for the dog to comes back on hes feet, he is exhausted and stressed. And i am telling you this is heart tearing to watch and wait for it to pass. When we discover flower remedies we tried rescue remedy on the next sizure - we squirt rescue remedy in hes mouth and he immediately comes back to him and jumps on hes feet. After some more treatmen with flower remedys and getting him a new pal he stopped siezing.

I will be happy to answer more questions if you have some.

Best regards Vesela