Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Plus my own pets lol. I go out of my mind some days!
So for Remi, the vet did another fecal and nothing came back. They sent the foster home with metro... I wish they would have sent her home with Albon too... I might call in and request some. He mentioned it might even be from her going back into heat... idk about that. I haven't had any cats go into heat and get diarrhea...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If I counted correctly, according to the recent pics/post, you have 12 adults and 5 kittens, not including your own pets! That's a full house, for sure!

Do they are interact, or are they in separate areas? Is Walter coming out of his depression yet? Is it Nemo he's friends with, or is it another of Clyde's cats?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the fully vetted adults are all out together in the main part of the house. Then sick ones I have separated... one cat in our bathroom and a couple of large dog crates. The pregnant cat Lexie has her own bedroom.
Walter is not doing as well as I would have hoped... he is eating and drinking some, but I do not think enough... today when I petted him he felt boney like he lost weight... he was friends with Nemo... I don't have a quarantine room to separate Nemo to or I would bring him in... another reason is Nemo is one of Clyde's favorite cats... Clyde is supposed to be coming back home soon and he misses them all so much. I am still so torn. Walter looks at me with such sad eyes. His lack of a response to me is so disheartening. Even if he hissed at me I would feel better about it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear Walter is not settling in. If you don't think he's actually unwell, maybe he needs to go back to Clyde's for a bit. Then when the time is right, you can bring Nemo and Walter home with you to socialize.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Poor Walter. I'm inclined to agree that he may need to go back to Clyde's for a bit. He's such a pretty boy, though, and I'd love to see him end up curled on someone's sofa and living the life of Riley!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Did the woman ever take her cats for their spays?
You know that I followed up ON WEDNESDAY. She couldnt make the appointment. She supposedly rescheduled for this Thursday. If she doesnt make it then I am taking them myself. I also am doing a "beat the heat" spay/neuter drive in Feb and March I am going to take some of her males... we are planning a few trips these next couple months for community cats, fosters, and owned cats.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Momma Lexie! We can definitely feel babies now! I am guessing four! Although she feels like she has swallowed a football! How many do you think?
IMG_6239.jpg
IMG_6240.jpg
IMG_6250.jpg
IMG_6260.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
The three remaining friendly girls at that woman's house were spayed today! All three were early stages pregnant, so we really stopped a disaster! She says there are two feral girls that she will need help trapping to get them fixed (this is the first I am hearing about them) so I guess we will be getting them soon! Hopefully we can get a handle on this mess of cats soon :fuming:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Came home from work this morning to find this precious gift from Miss Lexie!
Kitten was already cleaned and she is settled and nursing it.. I think labor has either stopped for a bit or she only has one? I could have sworn I felt at least two... my guess was four lol
IMG_6272.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww - sweet kitten!

I suspected those girls would be pregnant. Thank goodness they were spayed in time.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Three total! Not sure if she is done yet! She certainly is taking her time, getting snacks in between kittens and napping lol.
20180209_131507.jpg
20180209_131513.jpg

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
They look to be a good size, unless your hands are very tiny. Have you weighed them? Continued good luck, Miss Lexie!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
All are right around 100grams thankfully! Still just the three for now! Not sure if she is done or just taking a break lol