Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Our next rescue run is next Wednesday! So trying to round up some friendly kittens from the community to send. This run they mostly want puppies so we have a litter of 4 coming to us and we are trying to find some more as we are a little shorter than the coordinator would like. A little stressful, but the rescue runs make me feel less stressed afterwards. Because I know every cat/kitten puppy/dog that we are able to send to Maryland to be adopted opens up that many more homes in our area!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
All of the kittens I have gotten together so far are all solid black or tuxedo lol. So it makes me feel even better about getting some of the harder to adopt ones out. Is that terrible?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone opposed to puppy pictures on here? We have 5 puppies that are going on the rescue run next week, we are picking up 4 tomorrow and placing them in a foster home so I will have pictures to share! I have about 8 kittens to send this round too! There are other groups sending kittens so I don't know if I am going to try to find more because I don't want to hog all of the spots

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Especially if the puppies are pictured with the kitties!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
The best pictures I could get of them tonight, they are wiggly little things! No kittens and puppies but the foster does have two special needs kittys... I didnt get pictures of them either but they have a CH cat and a tripod!
IMG_5040.jpg
IMG_5051.jpg
IMG_5067.jpg
IMG_5071.jpg
IMG_5073.jpg
IMG_5080.jpg
IMG_5130.jpg
IMG_5137.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I know! I had to keep telling myself "NO, these ones are going to another rescue to find great homes, there will be more puppies... You already have two dogs..."

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
After this rescue run we might be getting a pregnant dilute tortie, looks to be medium hair. The person said she has had about 5 litters of kittens in the last two years :( I don't really have room with all of these adults but after this rescue run craziness is over I can probably rearrange some cats and squeeze her somewhere.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Stray/owner abandon. Guys I am literally trying not to stress myself to death, unsuccessfully. Tuesday we are meeting a rescue transport from the southern part of the state. We are getting 4 puppies, two carriers of kittens (9 kittens total I believe, possibly a momma), the pregnant dilute tortie, 3 cats, and potentially 5 adult small dogs if the other rescue approves us to send them. Tomorrow we are picking up two more kittens and another puppy to go on the run. And then Tuesday evening we also have to pick the litter of 4 puppies back up from their foster to send. So we are going to have 9 puppies, potentially 5 adult dogs, and a whole lot of cats in our house for that night. Our neighbors are pretty close so I am hoping the dogs stay quiet.... it is only for the night, but still. I am going to have a full head of gray hair by the end of the week and I am only 23.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So you're the director of the rescue? How in the world did you manage that at 23? Are you a 501(c) organization? I'm honestly thinking about trying to start a nonprofit in order to defray the costs of my ferals. I'm a regional manager for a large property management company and I'm feeding the ferals on each of the apartments in my portfolio. Of course I have help physically feeding them; some of my properties are out of state, but I'm the money bags and it's getting hella expensive. Maybe you could offer me some advice?

And sorry for hijacking your thread. And yes, she's lovely. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, she is not a 501c3 yet. She funds her rescue work with money from her job and from donations. It is her long-term goal to become a 501c3.

ashade1 ashade1 - It will be okay for a night, though you may not sleep much! I'm excited that these cats and dogs will have brighter futures due to your helping them on their way!