Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad you are caring for him. I wish he did not have to return to the barn. :(

What's happening with the abandoned pregnant cat?

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It took me all day, but I finally finished reading this entire thread to date.:shocked:My eyes are on fire and my brain is in overload from all of the kitty cuteness!!!

It takes a special person to do the amazing, miraculous things you do with all of these cats and kittens. I am overwhelmed with emotion and absolute awe at the dedication, kindness and love that you have for these wonderful cats ashade1 ashade1 . You are truly an inspiration.

If heaven ever decided to need an extra patron saint of kitties, I'm pretty sure you would be chosen. Goodness knows you have already been an angel to so many that would have been absolutely lost without you. Thank you for all that you do.:rock:

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you are caring for him. I wish he did not have to return to the barn. :(

What's happening with the abandoned pregnant cat?
It's not ideal, since we will probably have him at least 10 days until he is done with the antibiotics we will see how well he is doing then.
The momma we are planning on getting Thursday or Friday... She is in a very temporary foster home right now about 2 hours away from us so we are working on meeting the other rescue person halfway.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to kitten MADNESS.
I was contacted today by someone who said that a feral calico mom gave birth to kittens in a woodpile at their neighbors house. They said kittens are under a week old. I am trying desperately to find another group able to take them.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I am EXHAUSTED. Nothing new though lol. I have so many adults that are already spayed/neutered and vaccinated and waiting for homes that it really is taking up all of the space I have for kittens. Not to mention I had two homes that I had lined up for adults fall through this week :( Blake and London- both have been posted on here because those are two of my mommas!
My black and white momma Jill that is recovering from that viral infection... she seems completely normal now. My only concern is that she occasionally has diarrhea. Not bloody like it was when she was very ill before. And she does have solid poops sometimes, just every couple of days I will find diarrhea in her litter box.
My little black and white anemic kitten is doing very well! He hasn't been mentioned on here for a while but he is doing great! He is sooo sweet! He also has diarrhea but I think it may be because we are worming him. He has a big wormy belly. His name now is Cooper- I let the girl that contacted me from the vet office about him and his siblings name him.
Barn kitty is settling into one of my feral cat crates for now. Very hissy lol.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Also little Chestnut just popped her stiches last night. She goes back for a check up this evening anyway thank goodness, so we'll see if they decide to restitch it or what! The foster said they broke open whenever she was fighting them because they were putting ointment on the back leg's wound. Now that it is reopened she seems bothered by trying to lick at it- they said she wasn't even interested in licking it before.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Chestnut is also growing, so she may need to wear something over that leg while it heals. Good she sees the vet today.

I forgot you have so many adult cats still needing homes.

Try mixing a little plain, canned pumpkin and some probiotic powder into the wet food of the ones having diarrhea. If that does not help, consider a few days of Albon.

I hope someone can take the woodpile litter. Is the feral mom feeding them?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so Chestnut's appointment went well. They ended up putting staples in it instead of restitching and she goes back next week to have the staples removed!
So the woodpile kittens actually are a lot older than we were thinking. She sent me a picture of one and it looks to be at least 6 weeks old. They already are pretty feral and running from anyone who approaches. So this is going to be more difficult than originally anticipating.
We are planning to get the pregnant mom on Friday.
We also unexpectedly are getting two tortie kittens, they were strays.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good news on Chestnut!

I hope the woodpile kittens can be trapped. They are still young enough to be socialized.

Looking forward to tortie kitten pictures!

That's a cutie above! :)

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
That is our little flea anemia survivor! I am hoping to work with another group to TNR the adults at the woodpile kittens location and get the kittens in to be socialized. We'll see!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
The temporary foster that has the pregnant mom sent me these pictures today. She is HUGE. They said she has diarrhea. I told them that probably means she is close to labor... We are still aiming to meet them Friday... if she gives birth tomorrow would it be safe to transport her and 1 day old kittens?
received_10214085794647224.jpeg
received_10214085794927231.jpeg
received_10214085795407243.jpeg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
She has had 7 kittens! I'm trying to work out going to pick her up tomorrow so I can start rotating and supplementing smallest ones! She said it looks like 3 orange, 2 black, one gray, and one tortie. I feel like the black ones could end up being torties as well.
received_10214089474379215.jpeg

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow 7 - I agree, the sooner you can get them, the better.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seven! Mama looks tired and kittens look small. I hope you can get them tomorrow.