Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
She may not have been dumped. She looks about the age where she may have climbed into an engine and the parking lot is where she ended up.
Yeah I'm sure the broken hearted guardian is putting up posters now looking for their missing baby cat.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know if it will help with your rating on FB. But I am now following you and posted a like.
(you should feel honored, I don't ever post a like on FB :))
Thanks!
So from what I have seen I am unable to remove the negative false reviews. HOWEVER I would be able to remove the entire review section and disable the ability for anyone to leave reviews... I am not sure which I should do... I do want the honest reviews on there (including the negative one from Jasper's previous caretaker) but it is not fair for her to have 20 people leaving harsh lies on the page.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just do away with the review section for now. You have plenty of nice comments on the page in general! :)

A wound like that may need a drainage hole for a few days.

There's another recent thread on here where a spay site got infected, and the vet opened it back up and left it open for two weeks before stitching it. It healed beautifully.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
You're back up to 4 stars I might not meddle with it considering the 59 people who took the time to post true 5 start reviews.
Like Chestnut , Jaspers ex guardian may need a few days for the wound to drain and start healing. Right or wrong her feelings are genuine to her. Her one star friends look exactly like what they are.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Never having an animal in this situation, I'm wondering why Chestnut isn't in a cone of shame to prevent the stitches from getting bitten/licked too much.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
She now has a tube sock wrapped around her neck to prevent licking. They wanted us to buy a cone at the vet but we passed because we knew we could fashion one out of something at home :D

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 that is very nice!

So contacted by another rescuer who is so so full.
She just got this very pregnant cat. Someone moved and just put her outside and left her. Poor thing. The lady that contacted me has absolutely no room for her. I technically have a room available to put her in but I am still so worried from this viral whatever that we had. Everything has been sprayed down with the strong disinfectant, carpets steamed. Everyone seems to be doing ok... I moved most of the cats back to their normal places out of quarantine. I am just worried that it isn't completely gone.
Here is the momma.
received_1354600247949278.jpeg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I can't leave her... I feel as if I can see her staring into my soul with those eyes!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, you have to get her. Her life, and the little lives she carries depend on it. How horrible, to move away and leave an expectant mother behind!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to look at this with my head and not my heart. Yes, she does need to be rescued. And if not you, than who? But, is bringing her and her soon to be newborns to your house the wisest, safest thing you can do?
Is there anyplace for her that hasn't been infected by this virus?

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
No, you have to get her. Her life, and the little lives she carries depend on it. How horrible, to move away and leave an expectant mother behind!
You know my mind I'd be trying to report them to AC for abandonment. Of course rescues don't want to get the law involved because there's always the chance of the cat ending up in a kill shelter.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Someone contacted me a few weeks ago, they moved onto a farm and inherited a couple of barn cats. One of the cats had kittens and they were wondering if we could help. Much to their suprise I offered to help spay and neuter the adults if they would be able to provide food and water and let them live in their barn for shelter. They happily agreed. I was happy they contacted me before there was 30 cats. It seems to be only 2 adults and 2 kittens. Well we were working on getting them vouchers to cover the costs of the spays/ neuters and they contacted me yesterday and said one of the kittens is sick. From the sound of it it is a URI. They were able to wrestle it into a carrier for us and we just picked him up! He is 10-12 weeks old sneezy, congested, goopy eyes. Our vet couldn't get him in until Wednesday so we are going to start him on Terramyocin until then. I figure they'll probably put him on 10 days of antibiotics so we'll have him that long. I'm going to schedule is neuter for after his antibiotics are done then the current plan is to return him to the barn. I know it isn't ideal as he is young enough to socialize but there are just not enough homes and if he has a safe place to go where he will be cared for than i think this is the best.... opinions?
Here he is!
20170717_185115.jpg