Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever heard of a cat conceiving several weeks apart? I am so anxious to hear what the vet says..

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
What an unbelievably stressful day. We were supposed to meet the rescue transport today. Well Kyle's car is basically dead so after asking around a friend let us borrow her car. Just before we go to get on the interstate the tire came off of the flipping car. Leaving us stuck in the middle of the road, Kyle flagging cars around us while I tried to call a tow truck. I called three tow trucks and they all told me it would be an hour until someone could get us. Umm... we are in the middle of a busy road around a turn? Thankfully shortly after a police officer stopped and called us a tow and parked his car so everyone could go around us. I felt so bad having to call the shelter and tell them we couldn't make it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh no! That is very stressful. I'm glad you guys are okay though!

Can the transport be rescheduled?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We are working on rescheduling the transport! I am hoping that they can find a volunteer to bring them the whole way, or that I can find a volunteer to make the drive for us... It is just hard for me to pick a day for us to meet them halfway because I am not sure when his car is going to be fixed :(

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I am also anxious about London's appointment in the morning. I am still trying to wrap my mind around her possibly being pregnant with two litters several weeks apart at the same time.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
It is a drop off appointment. The foster will be dropping her and her kittens off to the vet at 7:30 this morning. The vet will examine her whenever they get a moment and to the x-ray, usually around noon (after the morning surgeries) they will call me/tell me what they found, when I can pick up, treatment, etc.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Me too! I just looked at the paperwork. We got her 7 weeks ago, based on the transfer papers it looks like they got her as a stray 5 days before that. We'll see!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry guys! I was exhausted and fell asleep after they called me and then we had to meet with potential adopters of London's kittens and also an adopter for one of the older kittens.
London is NOT pregnant! Yay! Also not a pyometra! Woo! They said she is just fat and gassy lol. I have never had a nursing mom be so fat! They usually get so skinny!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mystery solved! It's a good resolution. Bless her heart. She's been enjoying her meals!

It's good you got some sleep!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Newest problem: Now the Poet kittens (Blake's kittens) all have diarrhea. Blake seems to have diarrhea now as well :/ Its a little lighter in color than normal, not bloody though. I started them all on Panacur today. I have some Albon left... maybe not enough to put everyone on for 10 days... Should I start it and get a fecal to the vet and try to get more Albon?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I think you should do just that - panacur, albon, vet. Of course you know that fecals often show nothing ...

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I know :/ But usually if something shows up it is easier to convince my vet to give me the Albon without bringing everyone in. I hope they don't make me bring them back in because Blake has already been seen there once... We are drowning in vet bills this week!
There isn't anywhere I can get Albon without a prescription is there? I think I need to invest in a gallon of it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nowhere to get Albon without a prescription that I know of, but I just meant that a fecal can show nothing, yet the whole family can still need treatment for diarrhea, regardless.