Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
My little one is up to 160grams this morning! I am going to try to get updated pictures of them and sex them all today so I need your alls help with the poet name theme!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ashade1 ashade1

Do you mean a foster for the mom and her kitten who were dumped in the woman's yard?

Those kittens you are pulling look so sweet! :redheartpump:

I don't know what folks have against black kittens and cats either. I have one who is handsome, sleek, and very sweet. I just adore him!

How is Miss Tiny this morning? What is her weight today?

When are you getting the new cats and kittens?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! So there is a lot going on!
We are getting the new mom and kitten this evening (fluffy mom and kitten who were dumped). We will be keeping them for a few days to evaluate them- worm and vaccinate them. If there aren't any issues they might be going to a foster home. I am hoping when I call the clinic tomorrow they will be able to put two more females on the schedule for the day I am taking Sadie and Olivia for their spays so I can take everyone at once. The mom with 7 kittens we are looking at getting them Thursday or Friday this week.
My little runt. (I keep calling it a her but I haven't looked at the gender yet :dunno:) She looks a lot better to me. A couple of days ago when I would pick her up I could feel her spine. She is a little chunky again! And I didn't even get to supplement her as much yesterday with me working so hopefully she gains more today with more supplementing!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awesome! I can't wait to see more of the new mom and kitten tonight!

When you get a chance, let's see if the tiny baby is a he or she and get a name going. We talk about this no-name kitten alot! :lol:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Ok! So all of the poet kittens are boys except for the two black/white tabby looking ones! (I don't know how else to describe them lol) So little miss tiny is a girl! Help me name them! I don't know many poets!
They are still a little dirty- especially their toes. But Blake is cleaning them more. I am going to clean their little toes off today for her.
Enjoy! And let me know your name ideas!
IMG_0788.jpg
IMG_0802.jpg
IMG_0819.jpg
IMG_0888.jpg

This one is miss tiny! Or whatever we are naming her!
IMG_0900.jpg
IMG_0915.jpg

My biggest and my smallest! Those tiny tails!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let's name Little Miss Tiny "Emily" after Emily Dickinson!

The other female can be "Sylvia" after Sylvia Plath.

Male poet names to come!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking Sylvia and Maya for the girls! (I have had a foster named Emily before and I don't like to repeat- although it is getting harder! lol)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The male kittens can be "Robbie" for Robert Frost; Langston for Langston Hughes; and Edgar for Edgar Allen Poe.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Love it! Maya will be little miss. Langston will be the little black kitten, and Robbie and Edgar will be the two orange boys! And Sylvia is the other girl!

GlitterKittie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just ridiculously cute! I can only think of frost, Eliot (TS Eliot wrote Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats so that might be quite a nice link) Byron oh and Wordsworth but that doesn't make a very good name

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you have one who is a little outrageous, Ogden, or Nash, after Ogden Nash, who wrote,

"Oh pity Mr. and Mrs. Bryon.
Bryon was eaten by a lion.
Upon which time the lion's lioness
Upped and devoured Bryon's Bryoness."

He just...plays with words in the most amusing and absurd fashion!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to name her Mine and have you slip her in a box and send her to me. I really wish I had a room or building to do what you are.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Just got home with the new momma and baby! Momma had the biggest smelliest poop in the car on the way back :doh::barfgreen:
Kitten looks to have a little eye infection, no sign of congestion, just a clear discharge from his eye. I wiped it and used terramycin. He seems to be 6-7 weeks to me. Both momma and baby got some Panacur and a dose of Frontline.
18193819_1506871106031273_153521090286205238_n.jpg
18222362_1506871056031278_3907583687865860020_n.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mama is so pretty! So is the baby!

Is the baby still nursing? He looks about 6 weeks to me too. I wonder why the babies were given away so young. That's sad. At least mom still has this baby.

It's great you started treatment with them. Poor mom was so nervous she pooped en route. I had a cat who always did that too. I learned to bring a baggie to scoop it up with and an extra towel to put in the carrier.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure. I think the person whose house she was at just wanted them gone and as soon as they were eating on their own they decided to get rid of them :( I haven't seen him nursing off of her but they are still settling in!

Rachel Warner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please do not use and nail polish or marker it is very toxic to mama cat that licks them.