Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
untitled34.png

Sorry guys. I literally have been so busy. We have gotten TONS of adoption inquiries already for the kittens and I am trying to keep track of everything. The black spayed cat is going to a foster home tomorrow! All the babies are doing great! London's foster sent me this picture today, they said her belly is bigger everyday!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
So a change in plans, I had a paid for appointment today to get a feral fixed but I was unable to catch one in time, so we will be taking Sabrina instead! Hopefully I can find a feral to take her place on the group trip to the low cost clinic I was planning!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please ask for 3 days of pain meds for Sabrina, and please let us know how she is later today.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Will do! We pick her up in a few hours! I always get pain medicine for my girls!

A picture of Blake and her babies. We did decide on the poet names for them!
3863606119468734599-account_id=1.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Sabrina is home and resting, she seems well. They said she was in heat! That just goes to show you how soon they can get pregnant again after having kittens!
Some of the older kittens (I am thinking one or two of them) have some runny poops. It seems to be getting a little more solid with the wormings... they have been getting Panacur. I usually only do it for 4 days if their poos are normal but since there has been runny poo they got their 5th dose today... I think if it is still looking runny tomorrow I will take a sample to the vet to rule out coccidiosis. Its a light brown, it seems to be getting more formed, not everyone's is like it because there are some solid poops in there. Do you think I should keep giving Panacur or stop now?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would stop now and see how the poops go. You can do another 5-day round if necessary. I think testing the runny poop is a good idea.

It's good to hear that Sabrina is home and doing well. How is Sawyer?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Ok! I wasn't sure because I usually find varying info on how many days to do Panacur, I know they recommend longer for Giardia so I wasn't sure if I should keep with it. I will see how they are tomorrow!
Sawyer is doing good! He loves having playmates!

LouH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've spent the last two days reading all of your posts and I'm sat sobbing - this picture is so sad and so beautiful at the same time.
I wonder if Sadie and Sabrina are related . Xx
This breaks my heart. I was awakened very early this morning to Sabrina giving birth. Due to vaccines given by the shelter they were at before me, they were way premature - the reason we had problems with Sadie's kittens. Two had already passed by the time I realized she had given birth. Two are still alive but they won't make it through the morning. They are only 60 grams. One of them didn't even have fur thats how premature it was. I left to mix up KMR to try to force them to eat and when I came back in the room I burst into tears. Sabrina got into Sadie's nesting box with her and her kittens and Sadie is comforting her through her loss. I'm so upset with everything that has happened to these poor cats.

ing

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's my belief that they are sisters due to physical characteristics and age, but coming from a feral colony there is no way to know for sure.

They were picked up together but in separate cages at the rescue until ashade1 ashade1 got them from the shelter. She put them back together at her home and they were overjoyed! It's such a touching story.

LouH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's my belief that they are sisters due to physical characteristics and age, but coming from a feral colony there is no way to know for sure.

They were picked up together but in separate cages at the rescue until ashade1 ashade1 got them from the shelter. She put them back together at her home and they were overjoyed! It's such a touching story.
I've read all the posts now and wow what a woman!
I'm in awe

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ashade1 ashade1 is doing amazing things almost single-handedly and out of her own home, with generous donations from friends and strangers. She deserves an enormous amount of credit!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I call them sisters but they could be mom and daughter, or not related at all! Sabrina is doing well after her spay. She seems more relaxed and comfortable- but that could be the pain meds lol. She looks much healthier than when I got her- I no longer can feel her bones when I pet her. All of the kittens are doing so great! Poops seem a little runny today- but more formed then before so I am going to look and see if they get any better tomorrow!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Glad Sabrina is comfortable.

Definitely keep an eye on the poops. I know you are pausing the panacur for now. What are the poopy kittens eating?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Purina One Kitten Chow and Canned Hills Science Kitten Food

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you take them off the Hills Science food to see if the diarrhea goes away?

Can you try them on Fancy Feast Classic pates or the Fancy Feast Kitten wet food?

Also, mixing a spoonful of plain canned pumpkin into their wet food may help.

We need to determine if it's the food or something else.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I can! I am not sure it is the food because like I said they seem to be getting better every day!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you want to wait and give it another day or two that's fine. It just seems to me their poops should be formed after 5 days of panacur, so switching food is an avenue to explore. It's up to you!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy to hear sweet Sabrina is doing well after her spay and that she will never have to be pregnant again.

Please give her some extra cuddles from me here in the Pacific NW :redheartpump::hearthrob: