Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think I'm falling into Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 's tail-obsession pit. What precious little things, and the way their tails just stick right up and are so cylindrical!
Like wodgy little Christmas trees! How can you NOT become addicted to them?

I am one bossy, finicky tortie away from becoming a crazy cat lady. Hekitty just would NOT put up with another cat in the house! Well...that and the terms of my lease!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys what a day today! Started off getting awakened to an urgent call from one of our caregivers. The last unaltered cat at the colony dropped a newborn kitten off on her porch. When I got there she told me it had been there all night. Poor thing was freezing and starving. We looked for others but couldnt find any. We warmed him up and got him to one of our bottle feeders. He is warming up and eating decently, about 4mls each feeding.
30167238_10216356432766153_6853005640351671289_o.jpg

Positive thoughts his way please!

Then we have been trapping all day trying to get some ferals for a spay trip we are doing tomorrow. In the middle of that we had to meet a transport to pick up a family from a kill shelter and set them up with a new foster we have.
Meet Gabi and her babies!
IMG_8082.jpg
IMG_8065.jpg
IMG_8072.jpg
IMG_8079.jpg

Finally home but not for long! We have some more trapping to do!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Whew! Busy day!

Can the newborn possibly go with Gabi’s litter? They don’t look very old yet.

Good luck trapping!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
The newborn is pretty weak... the bottle feeder said he latches pretty good but has a weak suckle... but gaining strength! She said he is up to 5mls per feeding now! She also has colostrum for him thankfully. Gabi's babies are almost 200 grams already, not 100% sure of age... I messaged the shelter to see if they were born there so they have a birthday. Their eyes are open and given their weight I think they are about a week old. The little gray newborn is about 85 grams. I worry about putting him with a mom while he is still weak. Our bottle feeder (Dani) does have two other bottle babies (if you remember 2 weeks ago when we got 4 newborns from another feral mom who abandoned them, Dani got two and another feeder got two. So he has been snuggling with them!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So good stuff all around! Of course, we hope that the newborn gains strength and starts suckling harder, but he's trying! And Dani has snuggle buddies, which can mean the WORLD of difference to kittens, as you so well know!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Bottle baby is doing good, he went from 89g to 100.9g his first day. Lexie and her babies were all supposed to be altered today and adopted tomorrow, well two of them didn't get to be done because they were 2oz to small. I am not sure what the big deal is there, my scale at home showed 2lbs go figure, so I am not sure what I am going to do yet... let them go to their new homes and go with us on our next trip on 5/7 or wait until they are done to be adopted... I need that room open to move Emily and her kittens over though. They are needing more room to run around now lol

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That was my first thought, but BOY are you cramped! Should you decide that they need to go, and then go with you later, be sure to PUT THAT IN WRITING!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I was thinking about making up contacts, sending them with new parents but not listing as adopted.. listing them as foster homes. And in the contract it would state that they must meet with us to go on our next spay/neuter trip which is on 5/7. If they stay here that means that either Emily and her 6 kittens (who are 4 weeks old now and ON THE MOVE) or the two of Lexie's remaining babies (10 weeks old) will need to stay in a large dog crate until 5/7. Which isn't ideal...

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
But going ahead and having the adopter/foster pay their adoption fee. Who is going to pay the fee which includes a spay/neuter and not get them done?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome our newest rescues! I am calling these guys the Woodpile kittens! We got a message about some kittens in a snake infested woodpile. Unfortunately when we were going to go out the mom had already moved them. So a few days later the lady sent us another message and said she found them again, the mom moved them and had them in her dryer vent! She got the kittens but she has never been able to touch the mom so we are probably going to have to go back with a trap for her.
We decided on tree themed names for these guys!
received_10216582930548456.jpeg

Meet Cypress!
received_10216582930708460.jpeg

Meet Groot!
received_10216582930748461.jpeg

The only girl, meet Magnolia!
received_10216582930948466.jpeg

Meet Aspen!
I think they are right around 6 weeks old, they are eagerly eating kitten food!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Was the photo shoot for these adorable kittens on the dashboard of your car? Good job getting non-blurry shots, I'm sure they were quite active. Any luck on finding the mama?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Aspen is adorable, but I think Groot is my favorite.
At a quick glance Groot looked like Ghost. Must have been the beginning "G" and ending "t". Anyway, wasn't there a cat/kitten named "Ghost" you were trying to socialize? Or is my memory failing? ;)