Rescue cat, what type could he be?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, he is gorgeous 😍!

I don't know, other than a domestic short hair (DSH)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used the cat identification app and it said snowshoe!
Those apps are not accurate. They are just for fun. My Maine Coon kept coming up as a Domestic Long hair, and my domestic Long Hair came up as a Maine Coon. They look nothing alike so that just shows how inaccurate they are.

The cat is not a Snowshoe. That much I know.

It's a domestic short hair and most cats are no particular breed but to be honest, the coat and coloring is quite an unusual mix, especially with those blue eyes. I'd love to hear from some of our member who are savvy about genetics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Piercetheskye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's interesting, I hope someone who knows some about genetics will reply to the post, I thought it was interesting the combination of coat color and eyes as well. They're a very blue which is super interesting to me

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is a point and tabby as visible on the head, so it will be surely a lynx point and white. You can perhaps compare him to a siamese old type.

The coloring as such baffles me... Brown? Blue? blue with reddish coloring on the body??

Ps. If there is ANY blackish spot on him; ears, tail, paws; it would be a proof he has black as his base color; and thus, a seal point. (=black or brown tabby).

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is a point and tabby as visible on the head, so it will be surely a lynx point and white. You can perhaps compare him to a siamese old type.

The coloring as such baffles me... Brown? Blue? blue with reddish coloring on the body??

Ps. If there is ANY blackish spot on him; ears, tail, paws; it would be a proof he has black as his base color; and thus, a seal point. (=black or brown tabby).
I was tempted to say lynx point and I assume, because he's white, that's where the blue eyes come from.
But the body seems like 2 cats got put together LOL. So unusual!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just adopted this sweet boy from animal shelter Friday
I've been trying to figure out what breed or kind of cat he is with his gorgeous ice blue eyes.
Pictures of his eyes, face, and coat attached
Thanks!
A beauty😻 I would say dsh seal lynx bicolor. I am also a bit stumped by the patches of pattern which almost look red on his body, brown tabbies can have reddish brown areas too.
I think he’s definitely pointed however cats that have white on their face and can also have blue eyes because of that, it causes lack of pigmentation which is what causes blue eyes. The blue is reflected light.

All pointed cats have siamese heritage down the line and snowshoes as well. He does look traditional siamese a bit to me too 😀 He would be a dsh.

siamese cats tend to be very dominant and attach to one person and bossy and very high energy etc. lol. As well as talkative and more. Of course it can vary from cat to cat.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A beauty😻 I would say dsh seal lynx bicolor. I am also a bit stumped by the patches of pattern which almost look red on his body, brown tabbies can have reddish brown areas too.
I think he’s definitely pointed however cats that have white on their face and can also have blue eyes because of that, it causes lack of pigmentation which is what causes blue eyes. The blue is reflected light.

All pointed cats have siamese heritage down the line and snowshoes as well. He does look traditional siamese a bit to me too 😀 He would be a dsh.

siamese cats tend to be very dominant and attach to one person and bossy and very high energy etc. lol. As well as talkative and more. Of course it can vary from cat to cat.
Lynx points have brown stripes and with the sun could fade a bit as well. Though yes all colorpoints have siamese in them it could be so far down the line that they wont even pop up lol.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lynx points have brown stripes and with the sun could fade a bit as well. Though yes all colorpoints have siamese in them it could be so far down the line that they wont even pop up lol.
Yes it could be that and the patches against the pure white too. 😀