Rescue cat possibly pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mama got her spay today, everything went went 😊
I opted for the body suit instead of the cone collar but within 5mins of getting home she was out of it. (She will not allow me to put it bk on either)
Do you think she will leave her wound alone?? She hasn't taken an interest in it so far but is still settling in bk home.
For those of you who have had your cats spayed, what's your experience? Did you use a collar/suit or nothing at all?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mama got her spay today, everything went went 😊
I opted for the body suit instead of the cone collar but within 5mins of getting home she was out of it. (She will not allow me to put it bk on either)
Do you think she will leave her wound alone?? She hasn't taken an interest in it so far but is still settling in bk home.
For those of you who have had your cats spayed, what's your experience? Did you use a collar/suit or nothing at all?
I've never needed a cone or suit for any of mine, none of them ever bothered their incision site.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never needed a cone or suit for any of mine, none of them ever bothered their incision site.
Thats reassuring 😊 Wish I hadn't wasted £25 on a suit for her to just immediately get out of it. She's sleeping now, not sure how she is going to be with her kittens over the next few days/weeks (She's been a fantastic mama to them) was still allowing them to feed even up until today even though they are fully weaned and eat well.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Never used a cone or anything on any of my cats through the years. You may notice her licking the wound in the coming days, but that shouldn't cause problems. :)

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Never used a cone or anything on any of my cats through the years. You may notice her licking the wound in the coming days, but that shouldn't cause problems. :)
Thankyou, I thought the suit was a good idea at the time, 1 because the kittens wouldn't be able to feed with it on and 2 because its alot better than the stress of wearing a cone, how wrong I was.
Anyways thankfully everything went okay with her operation and she can live a happy easy life with us now.😊

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats reassuring 😊 Wish I hadn't wasted £25 on a suit for her to just immediately get out of it. She's sleeping now, not sure how she is going to be with her kittens over the next few days/weeks (She's been a fantastic mama to them) was still allowing them to feed even up until today even though they are fully weaned and eat well.
You should be able to return it, unless it's dirty or damaged.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should be able to return it, unless it's dirty or damaged.
And if they won't take it back you can probably sell it to someone else whose cat/small dog is getting spayed soon.

I've never had to use a cone/bodysuit on a cat, except one time, but she might have just been nipping at a loose stitch. Anyway she was skinny so I put a tube sock on her, lol. But mostly cats are pretty smart about that. Dogs are another story. Dogs almost always need cones/bodysuits.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And if they won't take it back you can probably sell it to someone else whose cat/small dog is getting spayed soon.

I've never had to use a cone/bodysuit on a cat, except one time, but she might have just been nipping at a loose stitch. Anyway she was skinny so I put a tube sock on her, lol. But mostly cats are pretty smart about that. Dogs are another story. Dogs almost always need cones/bodysuits.
That's a good idea, if the vet won't take it back because it's "used" nothing says you can't just sell it on letgo or offer up or something like that. You wouldn't get full price but at least it'd be something.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just FYI: my mom cat came home from her spay and immedistely resumed nursing her 8 week-old kittens. They are all still together today, 5 years later! :)

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the advice 😊 Everything going well today, she doesn't appear in any pain and has given no interest in her incision. Kittens strangely haven't tried to feed which is usual but I think its because she came home smelling different and very medical.
I'm going to try and sell the bodysuit and get alittle bit of money bk if not will gift it to somebody else.
She is still being a good mama and grooming the kittens, I do hope she develops a lovely bond with the female kitten we are keeping.
IMG_20200922_104807_288.jpg