Rescue cat possibly pregnant?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try mixing a small amount of the KMR in her wet food, that might help her get a taste for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So tonight she has decided to go round the house scenting everywhere, rubbing the sides of her cheeks on everything! She doesn't usually do this, she seems quiet content, similar behaviour to when you give catnip.
Any particular reason why she is doing this?

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So tonight she has decided to go round the house scenting everywhere, rubbing the sides of her cheeks on everything! She doesn't usually do this, she seems quiet content, similar behaviour to when you give catnip.
Any particular reason why she is doing this?
My cat has never done this but I assume its nothing to worry about.
Its probably her marking her territory to make sure that its her safe space for her kittens, where she can safely give birth and raise them.
To be honest i am not 100% sure but I think this is the case.
I can't wait for her to give birth! The kittens will be so cute! 🙂

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat has never done this but I assume its nothing to worry about.
Its probably her marking her territory to make sure that its her safe space for her kittens, where she can safely give birth and raise them.
To be honest i am not 100% sure but I think this is the case.
I can't wait for her to give birth! The kittens will be so cute! 🙂
Yes I thought possibly marking territory, Im so excited but so nervous, I just want her and the babies to be okay. I never thought a cat birth could be so scary!
My two children are equally as excited so would be heart broken if anything bad happens.
She's settled down now bless her.

Attachments

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I thought possibly marking territory, Im so excited but so nervous, I just want her and the babies to be okay. I never thought a cat birth could be so scary!
My two children are equally as excited so would be heart broken if anything bad happens.
She's settled down now bless her.
Hopefully all goes well! 🤞
She is so so beautiful.
Yes, your kids will be very excited, especially when the kittens will begin to run around the house and play with them!
Your cat may not want your kids to play with the kittens too much when they are young, but I'm sure it will be all fine.
Keep us updated and tell us when she begins nesting!
🙂

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thankyou so much, we are lucky to have her.
My two boys are aged 9 and 15 so old enough to know to give them space etc 😊
We are all just excited! She is due any day from Sunday.
I will keep you all posted! No doubt I will have a ton of questions haha, this is all new to me.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think my little lady is in labour!!
She has been really unsettled today, lose stools and been drinking lots of water.
She keeps meowing and seems to know something is happening, she just wants me to stay with her and rub her belly.
I hope everything is going to be okay, i will keep you updated.

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think my little lady is in labour!!
She has been really unsettled today, lose stools and been drinking lots of water.
She keeps meowing and seems to know something is happening, she just wants me to stay with her and rub her belly.
I hope everything is going to be okay, i will keep you updated.
Hi!
Wow, I hope all goes well.
Good - if she wants you to stay with her, stay with her, but if she shows that she doesn't want you around, give her a little space. 🙂

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay maybe a false alarm. Not sure whats happening with her but right now she's settled down.
I believe she lost her muscus plug, it very much looked like it.
Do you think she could have been having painful contractions? I've not seen her like that before.
Whilst I was gently rubbing her tummy I could feel the babies moving about, they also properly stuck out either side like they were changing positions, do you think they are getting ready? I do hope they haven't turned into a breach position.
Anyways I'm going to be staying with her all night incase she needs me.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It certainly sounds like her body is gearing up for labor really soon! :)

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's definitely in labour! Woke me up an hour ago, 2am in the UK. She is purring intensively, heavy breathing and some panting. She looks so worried bless her, eyes dilated.
Please pray for my girl.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope all goes well. Thankfully you will be with her for comfort and assistance. Poor gal - it’s painfully hard work to have kittens.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope all goes well. Thankfully you will be with her for comfort and assistance. Poor gal - it’s painfully hard work to have kittens.
You are so right! What a long and tiring night!
Still no kittens, she must be in a slow labour?
She hasn't attempted to push as of yet so no straining etc, she is clearly in some pain but feels comforted by being stroked. I just feel so sorry for her 😞
The kittens have clearly dropped, she looks thinner this morning. I do hope everything is going to alright, especially feeling her babies move about alot yesterday, hopefully they are OK.
I think I'm just so worried incase there is only two and they are too big for her to deliver.
She also doesn't seem to know what to do with herself although I had several boxes around the home she hadn't settled on one so is now scratching about anywhere but I have everything she needs in one room for her.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay we have four kittens so far, the 3rd baby she didn't rip the sack off, I had to help quickly and it was really struggling, I hoping its going to be okay. The 4th baby I never seen born but was about 20mins after the 3rd. I seen 3 placentas but the last one I'm not sure if its in the box with them. Mama never ate the others, she chewed the cords but right nr placenta not babies.
I've put a heat pad in as they feel abit cold but mama cleaning them up now.
I do hope she has finished and doesn't have anymore 🙏
No chance to weigh them its been crazy and scary all at the same time.
I've put everything she needs nr her so she doesn't have to leave them.
Is there anything I need to be thinking of? Do I need to worry about the long cords? What if I can't find the 4th placenta?

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi.
I'm glad most things went well.
The births of the kittens seem mostly evenly spaced out, I think that is okay.
Are you sure she didn't eat any of the placentas? Maybe she ate the 4th one?
Hopefully its not still in her 🤞

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Really not sure about the 4th placenta, im hoping when she moves I will see it. If its still inside will mama start to become poorly?
They are all cuddled with her and get warm and fed so don't want to bother her.

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No chance to weigh them its been crazy and scary all at the same time.
In my opinion I don't think you need to weigh them just yet, let them settle in a bit and drink some milk.
I don't weigh my kittens that much unless I see that they aren't drinking milk/are tired/ are small, but its always good to check and just make sure, especially if its her first litter. 🙂

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Really not sure about the 4th placenta, im hoping when she moves I will see it. If its still inside will mama start to become poorly?
They are all cuddled with her and get warm and fed so don't want to bother her.
If the placenta is still in her she will need to go to a vet, it can be serious and life threatening (not to scare you).
Some symptoms to watch out for: Weakness, swollen abdomen, bleeding, appetite loss and and depression.
It is rare though, and normally only happens in a hard labour or when kittens aren't in the right position. If she does have the placenta inside her (hopefully not), the vet will run some tests and they will know what to do.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thankyou so much, thankfully the placenta was underneath her.
Gosh its so overwhelming! Do you think she is likely done now? Its been about 1.5hrs since last kitten born.
About settled and getting cosy.
20200715_110058.jpg