Requesting Vibes for our Tippy

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've kept Tippy in my prayers.... and I was wondering how the results came in? Is he going to get to wait a month before having to see the vet again?

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I've kept Tippy in my prayers.... and I was wondering how the results came in? Is he going to get to wait a month before having to see the vet again?

Laurie
Thanks for asking. We had a power outage the night the vet was to call, and I didn't retrieve her message until a day later. Meant to post it here.

His bun came back 33, and his creat 2.8...nice and stable for now. He's to be seen in a month to check some specific labs relating to him spilling protein in his urine, but if he seems stable, we can wait 2 months to recheck his kidney values, per my vet.

He's loving the new canned food I got for him that is lower phos and lower protein (Hi Tor Neo...has by-products, but other than that, not bad, and he loves it. My vet looked at the values listed on the can, and said it was quite comparable to two of the prescription canned).

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, it really does help to know folks are thinking of him.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is excellent news, I am really pleased to hear this.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

This is excellent news, I am really pleased to hear this.
Thank you!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't been posting regularly here, but have been following the thread, Pat. "Stable" is music to the ears!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got the results of his latest urine test for protein/creatinine ratio and it has improved considerably. As I understand it, they used to want the results of this to be .5, but now recommend it to be .1 to .2. Tippys first result was 1.1...ugh!

This time he was .5..so still abnormal but certainly better. He now gets 2 months free from vet visits
(unless I feel he isn't doing well).

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't come here nearly often enough. So when I do I have long thread to read.
My heart was nearly breaking half way through this read. I was afraid to go to the next page.
I am so glad that Tippy is doing better. I pray that he will be with you a long while yet.
You seem to be an amazing person and Tippy is lucky to have you. As you are to have him.
My prayers go with you.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gert452000

I don't come here nearly often enough. So when I do I have long thread to read.
My heart was nearly breaking half way through this read. I was afraid to go to the next page.
I am so glad that Tippy is doing better. I pray that he will be with you a long while yet.
You seem to be an amazing person and Tippy is lucky to have you. As you are to have him.
My prayers go with you.
Thank you...he is a wonderful, wonderful fellow that we cherish.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread, and I join the others in sending hopes and prayers for your Tippy. Reading this made me realize how lucky I really am, and my Clyde and Pearl have no idea why I've just hugged them silly.

Bless your heart for being such a good kittymom.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tippys bun and creatinine are going up, and his kidneys are very very swollen now. Re the bun and creatinine, he still isn't at the point of needing sub-q's but it was a big jump on the creatinine, so I've been watching him carefully for signs of discomfort.

Re the swollen kidneys - a recent cystocentesis came back with a bizarrely high urine protein/creatinine ratio, so today he's having an ultrasound guided cysto...well maybe. They called, they are now sure they tapped not his bladder last time when they got the urine sample that came back with the bizarre level of protein/creatinine, but one of the cysts. There is so much fluid they are draining what they can, to make him more comfortable. It was unclear to me by the message if they were still doing another cysto today or not.

I think our time together is nearly over
There may not be anything more we can do if this urine sample also comes back with such a high number (he is currently on benazepril for the urine protein/creatinine ratio and it was working well for him after his initial diagnosis).

I hate PKD.