Replacing Terra The Cat’s Litter Box

thefishyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Earlier today, when I was cleaning Terra’s litter box, the pan cracked. Time for a new litter box, it seems. Terra has used this litter box ever since she was a baby kitten. Are there any potential issues I should be aware of when replacing the litter box? If so, what can I do about them?

The litter box I am replacing had a grated bottom and two outer layers, making it a snap to clean. Do you guys have any recommendations for a replacement litter box that is quick and easy to clean?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would transfer some clean but used litter to the new box and she should be fine. If not, wash the box with whatever cleaner you used on her old box. As far as boxes go, I line mine with a puppy pad which I switch out once a week. Since the bottom of the box stays dry, no cleaning is necessary, clumps don’t stick to the corners and they are very durable. Willow will scratch through the paper part of the liner but has never gone through the bottom plastic.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Can you find an exact - or near to - replica of your cracked box? If so, I would get that, and if it has to be ordered, buy a temporary box to use in the meantime - using susanm9006 susanm9006 's suggestion about clean but used litter.