Reoccurring scab

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! So my cat had an ultra sound a few months back. I’ve noticed a little scab spot that gets red and then fades off and on. They found thickening in his intestines and he is suspected to have cancer as I have mentioned in posts before.
I wonder if he irritates while grooming sometimes? It doesn’t seem to both him and my vet gave me some ointment. Just kind of Curious! 42895598-6E38-4BE0-B9FE-DDAF723D08A8.jpeg 840F8AE0-957E-4A86-A40B-B6C36F9AAB33.jpeg

RangersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm. This *could* be a type of hot spot. My cats get them (in the summers usually), if they get an allergy or a big bite, it can become super itchy and they "worry" at it, and keep licking and chewing it. It doesnt look too bad or look infected. Him possibly having cancer may be slowing down his immune system a bit and thats why its taking long to heal or reoccurring. You could ask a vet if you could put a tiny bit of bacitracin on it, my vet says if a cat accidentally licks a small amount of bacitracin it shouldn't hurt them. Or just use the ointment they gave you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Yeah she gave me some ointment when it wasn’t flared up but I may try it now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know is Maxiguard Zinc Derm ointment is safe if ingested? I would assume it would be, but I'm so paranoid about medications right now because of all I have given him.

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it’s a hotspot too because my cat gets them every once in a while especially when the weather is always hot. Her whole neck and head would be full of it. Sometimes she scratches so much it scabs and bits of fur fall off. I usually spray her with some herbal spray or give her a cooling bath. Once she stops scratching, it goes away within a week.