Removing greasy residue from prescription ear drops off facial fur

scarlett 001

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My girl kitty Rexy had to have Surolan prescription ear drops for about a week. Even though the medication is placed in the ear, it seems to get on the outer ears and nearby facial fur and it makes the fur very oily in those locations. Her usually fluffy hair near the ears on her face has a greasy residue that makes it look all separated and very droopy - she looks like a real ragamuffin with that drooping facial fur!!

I have tried a light wash and rinse of the area with baby shampoo, but it was not particularly effective in getting rid of the greasy residue.

Does anyone have any good ideas how to get rid of this greasy residue more effectively??

Thank you in advance!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scarlett 001

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't. Thank you for idea. Can you get good wipes at the pet store or do I need to go to a vet clinic to get good ones?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Try Goop hand cleaner. Rub it in well, then wipe it off with a cloth wet with plain water. I've used the regular stuff you get at a hardware store, but I see that they're also making a Groomer's Goop now. I don't know if you can pick it up at a store or have to order it online.