Remembering Simon, 5/15/2014

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
6 years ago we had to put down our comical Tuxedo Simon, he had developed stomach cancer and there was no hope. I still remember holding him in my arms and feeling his Earthly body go limp, and me asking several times "is he gone? Are you sure that he's gone?", thinking they might've not done the job all the way, why I was worried about that I don't know, stress I guess, as I wanted him to be at Peace and he is for sure. I remember it was just like today, unusually warm for mid May, and I remember going to bed and sleeping for about an hour in the hot bedroom and waking up in a panic, I even went outside at 2 a.m. but there was no air and we hadn't put the air conditioning in yet, and I remember feeling like I was suffocating. For about a week after that I could not be in the shower, when that shower door closed I felt like I was suffocating again, and I could not be in the dark at night to go to bed, I felt so upset and strange but that is how the stress of this affected me. With time, it faded, but it is easy to recall.

I remember him laying on the floor and rolling around kicking himself lol! And the rest would be downstairs with us and we'd say "where's Simon?" and we would find him all alone on our bed, rolling around when you saw him and talked to him lol! He didn't need any of the other ones, would've been quite happy being the only cat. I also remember him playing with a toy once, and Sebastian walked over to see what he was doing, and all of a sudden Simon put his head down like a battering ram and charged about 2 feet and slammed into Sebastian's side and knocked him over lol!

And those are the two that if you combined look like my baby boy Sylvester, so he is still here! And also 3 months after he passed I brought in Stanley, and he started to do things that only Simon did, and it got up to about 11 things and we talked to an animal communicator that we used several times and she told us that Simon's spirit is still here, he enjoyed living here so much that his spirit is here and this is his way of communicating that to us! And after I heard that, I just said outloud, "we understand you're still here Simon, you stay as long as you want", and Stanley stopped doing those things, true story......

Remembering you on this day Simon, as Mommy called you "Simon the Diamond, my precious little diamond boy" :rbheart: I see your face every single day and your tuxedo in Sylvester so you are still here in many ways, we love you buddy!!!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Simon, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

What a lovely tribute to a lovely cat! Shine on, little Diamond, shine on!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP precious Simon..... I know the pang in your heart when you think of that beautiful boy. The longing is something that never goes away, as is the anguish. But he enriched your life so very much, gave you something that can never be replaced, so in this way his love continues on for eternity.....

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP sweet precious diamond Simon. The pain never goes away , no matter how many months or years go by. The pain of losing those sweet kitties remain in our hearts always , but so does the love.
All we can do is take one day at a time and pray that it won't hurt as much tomorrow.
Simon, take care of your loved ones. Let the sun shine on them and bring peace to their hearts.