Remembering Krista

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
September 15, 2019:
Helping me make the bed.
View attachment 395244View attachment 395245
IDK how you do that these days. Maybe you don't? IDK what I'd do without my cat helpers. Angel Rani was excellent at this. Elvis helps, but he doesn't get under the sheet, only on top of it. Still, I couldn't do without him helping. Baby Su leaves the hard work to him.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IDK how you do that these days. Maybe you don't? IDK what I'd do without my cat helpers. Angel Rani was excellent at this. Elvis helps, but he doesn't get under the sheet, only on top of it. Still, I couldn't do without him helping. Baby Su leaves the hard work to him.
Krista didn’t climb under the sheet. I made it over her. 😹 She was chill like that. 😻 I could have left her a wrapped lump and she would have emerged for food or 💩. I hope.

Of course I still miss her a thousand times a day. But in a bittersweet way, she’s still with me throughout the day.

It’s taken a long time to feel “okay” without a cat. Without her. I’m still anxious about the pandemic. Shortages and restrictions to access and simply having nowhere to go. Sure I’m vaccinated. But is it worth the risk to try to, possibly prematurely, normalize back to a pre-pandemic life? I want to see how return to office plays out before adding a cat back into the mix. Living alone and having a dependent in a pandemic was very nerve-wracking. I don’t think we’re going back to our old normal again. But I can wait a bit longer for a better new normal to emerge.

At least I no longer have to worry about a talk show host Floridifying this state.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista didn’t climb under the sheet. I made it over her. 😹 She was chill like that. 😻 I could have left her a wrapped lump and she would have emerged for food or 💩. I hope.

Of course I still miss her a thousand times a day. But in a bittersweet way, she’s still with me throughout the day.

It’s taken a long time to feel “okay” without a cat. Without her. I’m still anxious about the pandemic. Shortages and restrictions to access and simply having nowhere to go. Sure I’m vaccinated. But is it worth the risk to try to, possibly prematurely, normalize back to a pre-pandemic life? I want to see how return to office plays out before adding a cat back into the mix. Living alone and having a dependent in a pandemic was very nerve-wracking. I don’t think we’re going back to our old normal again. But I can wait a bit longer for a better new normal to emerge.

At least I no longer have to worry about a talk show host Floridifying this state.
I know I'm relieved about THAT, too ;)
Oh, I agree -- we are never "going back to normal" so my tactic is just to live day to day (sometimes hour to hour or minute to minute) the best I can, making my own happiness where, when and how I can, and for me, I couldn't do that without cats in my home and life. I work at/from home anyway and that's never going to change. I'm the geek-in-my-parents'-basement type anyway, and I didn't go out BEFORE the pandemic, so it's not an adjustment for me. I don't like going out. I've done most of the things I want to do that involve going out. My life apart from that with my cats and my roomies is mostly online. That won't change. Could life be "better"? Of course! But I'm a realist. And adaptive. My concerns are first, for my cats, and for me, because I'm their caregiver and their world. My roomies, too, of course -- they're kind of vulnerable, but we all got through life before they joined us, and whatever they decide to do is whatever they decide to do.
Like you, I feel fortunate to have a stable place to live, that's affordable and comfortable. As long as I can pay the bills and we all keep going, that's really being very fortunate.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the time stamps on the “2004” pictures are wrong. I didn’t adopt her until 2006. We’ll call those 2006 because I recognize that library book. My gf at the time, the one who paid Krista’s adoption fees for my birthday had some reaction or another (that I don’t remember) to that book.

B59C60D9-62E6-48AF-8FA1-5F8EBEF8139C.jpeg
Spoiler. We were no longer dating in September 2006. (Probably not because of the book. Probably.) I estimate this to be June or July 2006.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the time stamps on the “2004” pictures are wrong. I didn’t adopt her until 2006. We’ll call those 2006 because I recognize that library book. My gf at the time, the one who paid Krista’s adoption fees for my birthday had some reaction or another (that I don’t remember) to that book.

View attachment 395405
Spoiler. We were no longer dating in September 2006. (Probably not because of the book. Probably.) I estimate this to be June or July 2006.
A yawn, yes...to get extra oxygen before a hoped-for heavy play session?
Yeah, well, speedreading people may be an art, but they can be deceiving, and most often are.
Baby Su likes to lick my hand, too -- and I always offer her a knuckle, so she can gnaw, because that's what she really loves to do.