Remembering Krista

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some animals will void their bowels before battle as part of the flight or fight response. I used to say, "Krista did her business to show she meant business." It was often the transfer from cage to carrier that this would occur. It was often at this time that I also heard her swearing like a sailor and probably taking a few skin souvenirs from unlucky techs. I don't know exactly what happened each time. It just became this thing with her that there was a 50/50 chance I was going to be offered a carrier full of cat and poop (and the bill, of course.) Gee thanks!

Yes, poop cats come in other colorations besides monochromatic.
View attachment 391514
(January 15, 2020)

It also became a thing for me to keep a cardboard carrier and a trash bag in the trunk for vet visits. If she pooped her carrier on the transfer, then I'd dump the angry poop cat into the box and the carrier in the trash bag. Sometimes I washed it. Sometimes I just bought a new one on Chewy. The carrier, that is. 😹 The cat was unloaded into the bathroom with a meal and a camera and left to sort it out on her own. I believe we both preferred it that way. 😹 😻
Well YEAH! Wouldn't you, if you were Krista?
It's weird. With all of the many, many cats in my life, I can't remember a single one ever doing this. Peeing a little, yes.
*No extra charge for that* I guess...:crackup:😑

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
August 14, 2019:
D9F53656-25F8-400A-B946-0D4E3C679780.jpeg B3C90FBB-71A4-44AB-B1CB-42C0FF2BB235.jpeg
Must be some of the earliest feeder photos since I’m deploying only one. It failed to open very early in its use and I deployed them in pairs ever since. When the price of a failure to open is an acid barf, a little redundancy is a good idea.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With your interest in an occasional sip, I thought you might have run across this site.
Daft Cat Brewing - Home | Facebook

I guess I am unusual, in that beer gives me hives and can put me in the hospital.
Last visit to a microbrew (kettles steaming) I broke out in hives and rash just from what was in the air.
I wasn’t aware of them. But then I don’t spend more than a couple of minutes on Facebook every few months. Just long enough to look around and remind myself why I don’t like being there. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Oh there’s a website too. They are brewers. Gotcha. I am an occasional consumer. But I haven’t gotten into brewing. Seems like too much work for a once a week beer drinker. (*says the one who used to butcher whole fryer rabbits for leg and organ meat to make cat food and trade the leg-less carcasses for beer. That was another life ago. 😿🌈)

Hives?! Bummer!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking comfy overseeing her domain :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:
They are cat stairs to nowhere. They are so big that they don’t really fit anywhere I would use them. But they are also such a high quality, that I couldn’t part with them. So behind the door is where I parked them. A few times I got photo precious moments like this. But mostly she ignored them. However, when she was in a dog cat mood, she would come up the steps to greet me head to hand as I came through the door. 😻

Today, they are a shoulder for me to lean on when changing out of my shoes. And a shelf to stash incoming and outgoing water bottle and bag(s).

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are cat stairs to nowhere. They are so big that they don’t really fit anywhere I would use them. But they are also such a high quality, that I couldn’t part with them. So behind the door is where I parked them. A few times I got photo precious moments like this. But mostly she ignored them. However, when she was in a dog cat mood, she would come up the steps to greet me head to hand as I came through the door. 😻

Today, they are a shoulder for me to lean on when changing out of my shoes. And a shelf to stash incoming and outgoing water bottle and bag(s).
Nothing wrong with any of these purposings.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's how everyone in my furmily felt about the harness and leash and "let's take a walk outside so you can experience SNOW!" thing that my ex thought they would love, too.
Krista looks adorable, though, in her blue finery.
IMG_0634.JPG

Today it is one year since our beloved Tarifa angel ascended. We miss her so very, very much! :hearthrob: :dancingblackcat::hearthrob::heartshape:

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well YEAH! Wouldn't you, if you were Krista?
It's weird. With all of the many, many cats in my life, I can't remember a single one ever doing this. Peeing a little, yes.
*No extra charge for that* I guess...:crackup:😑
Po has this problem occasionally. He's peed at least three times on the way home or to the vet and pooped once. Luckily it wasn't diarrhea or anything. He just gets really scared. :(

Morty on the other hand gets angry. The one time he peed, he actually lifted his leg so it came out the side holes on the carrier and got all over my back seat. He has never, ever lifted his leg to pee before lol. I now keep the whole back covered with towels whenever it's vet time. Goose gets quite angry as well, but so far we've been pee/poop free with him lol.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Po has this problem occasionally. He's peed at least three times on the way home or to the vet and pooped once. Luckily it wasn't diarrhea or anything. He just gets really scared. :(

Morty on the other hand gets angry. The one time he peed, he actually lifted his leg so it came out the side holes on the carrier and got all over my back seat. He has never, ever lifted his leg to pee before lol. I now keep the whole back covered with towels whenever it's vet time. Goose gets quite angry as well, but so far we've been pee/poop free with him lol.
IDK if they are "angry" so much as they are terrified, actually. Car rides must be very scary for cats, who are quadripedal and not quadritire-al. The speeds are so much faster than they are used to. Many people get car-sick if they do not have cars and only occasionally ride in them. I had a friend like that, and I am like that now, too, on a journey of any length. *I used to ride great distances, and fly as well. But years of being basically at home have now left me like this.*
Many cats will void on a car journey. It's probably very, very common.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista didn't soil the carrier on the drive. She seemed to be alright with car rides. She'd meow weakly a few times on the walk to the car (I don't think she liked "flying" much. I used to ask her, "ready to fly?" before I lifted the carrier so that she would have a warning.) But she was often a really good car passenger. She was mostly quiet on the car ride unless I reached into the carrier during red lights. Then she'd nuzzle and trill at me. Her ability to ride quietly in the car was invaluable the few times we drove a couple hours each way for her dentist appointment. It meant that when she suddenly did start to speak up, I knew she needed a break. I'd pull over and give her a litterbox at her feet and let her roam the inside of the car until she was more interested in me than her newfound freedom.

View media item 423040
Then back into the carrier she went and we could finish the drive. Except that last leg back from the dentist. We hit some traffic and spent almost an extra hour going nowhere. Her patience was tested and she requested a first break which she used for bathroom. Then she requested another break on what should have been a one break trip. She just wanted out of her carrier. Then she was asking for yet another break twenty minutes later, and I was telling her, "I'm right there with you. I just want this driving to be over too. But we'll never get home if we keep taking breaks."

She only soiled the carrier at the vet's office and only on the transfer from cage to carrier. I have no idea how they were handling her. From the sounds of it--that could be heard all the way into the reception waiting area--she was pissed and it was probably a two tech operation where one held the carrier and the other had a broom to maneuver her into it. 🤦‍♂️😾💩