Remembering Krista

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I could find this in a high enough resolution, I would totally blow it up and make a poster print out of it to replace The Singing Butler on the cat wall. He could be relocated. But I have only ever seen a low res image of this. 🤦‍♂️ 😿
View attachment 389448
I know, I know! Maybe you could work with it *and Photoshop Krista in this fine cat's place?* :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: :flail:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's almost impossible to read this thread without tears flowing. I am very sorry for your loss.

Krista is so much like my Patches.

View attachment 389541
Patches is a gorgeous chonk! Imagine her sitting on my chest for a belly ride and ear scritches. Oof! 😹

I don’t want you crying over Krista. I’m (mostly) past that now. Today we celebrate her life and the wonderful ways we enriched each other’s.

July 27, 2018:
I had my baseball game to watch. She had her Cat Dancer to play with. 😻

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Patches is a gorgeous chonk! Imaging him (her?) sitting on my chest for a belly ride and ear scritches. Oof! 😹

I don’t want you crying over Krista. I’m (mostly) past that now. Today we celebrate her life and the wonderful ways we enriched each other’s.

July 27, 2018:
I had my baseball game to watch. She had her Cat Dancer to play with. 😻
Both avid sports fans! :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: :cheerleader:

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Daftat75 Yes. Absolutely. The two of you were good together.
I watched the video of you fixing her diner. Your leg elevated to keep her back, yet not high enough to keep her from watching the process progress. Krista had a good friend who was good to her for much of her life.

She was a gift from nature to you. Yet nature gave her a fine gift by her being with you.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daftat75 Yes. Absolutely. The two of you were good together.
I watched the video of you fixing her diner. Your leg elevated to keep her back, yet not high enough to keep her from watching the process progress. Krista had a good friend who was good to her for much of her life.

She was a gift from nature to you. Yet nature gave her a fine gift by her being with you.
The leg up was actually to take pressure off my back. It wasn't a barrier for her. She was just that polite about food prep. 😻

My tea with coconut oil added to it, that was a whole other matter. 🤦‍♂️😹
View media item 423455

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I momentarily forgot that I have the ability to pull frames from the video itself instead of fumbling with Markup. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹 Good thing this laser is not that powerful.
866886CD-357A-41BB-BA85-0DD33BBBD211.png 936EB03B-E076-4E1C-834C-CF436AFFEFE2.png 3066FDFE-2314-49F4-9907-355752A1428A.png

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only had a 2020 shot for today that I didn't want to share. These 2020 pictures are getting harder to look at as her body condition and grooming habits had become poor by now.

Instead, here's August 23, 2019:

Poor girl. We're battling fleas at this time. How do I know? That's a cloud of diatomaceous earth that she's lying in. I was miserable and desperate too. I didn't realize just how slow that stuff works on bugs and how quickly it desiccates humans (and probably cats.) 🤦‍♂️ 😿
IMG_2545.JPG IMG_2547.JPG IMG_2549.JPG

In other news, I think I finally have my current "flea" infestation under control. I believe I had both fleas and some kind of litter/pantry beetle. I know I was getting eaten and waking up in the middle of the night from the bites. It would appear the daily vacuuming and the FleaBusters actually did its job. But then there was this tiny bug that looked like something between a flea and a bedbug. I would see two or three of them climbing the walls near the litter enclosure. I dusted the whole area in DE again. Moved the litter enclosure to dust and clean underneath it. Still, every time I checked that wall, there would be two or three more. Where were they coming from? Then I decided to peek inside the enclosure last night. 🤢 Sometime last year among all the Buddy/OC drama, I guess I loaded up a couple of litterboxes and never emptied them. 🤦‍♂️ They were never used. But that was quite the food source for these beetles. I have since emptied both boxes and threw out the remaining litter, vacuumed up any stray bugs, and buried the bottom of the enclosure in a layer of DE. Eat that! I found just one of those bugs on the wall this morning. No more since then. I do believe I'm finally turning the corner on this summer's infestations.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only had a 2020 shot for today that I didn't want to share. These 2020 pictures are getting harder to look at as her body condition and grooming habits had become poor by now.

Instead, here's August 23, 2019:

Poor girl. We're battling fleas at this time. How do I know? That's a cloud of diatomaceous earth that she's lying in. I was miserable and desperate too. I didn't realize just how slow that stuff works on bugs and how quickly it desiccates humans (and probably cats.) 🤦‍♂️ 😿
View attachment 389751View attachment 389750View attachment 389749

In other news, I think I finally have my current "flea" infestation under control. I believe I had both fleas and some kind of litter/pantry beetle. I know I was getting eaten and waking up in the middle of the night from the bites. It would appear the daily vacuuming and the FleaBusters actually did its job. But then there was this tiny bug that looked like something between a flea and a bedbug. I would see two or three of them climbing the walls near the litter enclosure. I dusted the whole area in DE again. Moved the litter enclosure to dust and clean underneath it. Still, every time I checked that wall, there would be two or three more. Where were they coming from? Then I decided to peek inside the enclosure last night. 🤢 Sometime last year among all the Buddy/OC drama, I guess I loaded up a couple of litterboxes and never emptied them. 🤦‍♂️ They were never used. But that was quite the food source for these beetles. I have since emptied both boxes and threw out the remaining litter, vacuumed up any stray bugs, and buried the bottom of the enclosure in a layer of DE. Eat that! I found just one of those bugs on the wall this morning. No more since then. I do believe I'm finally turning the corner on this summer's infestations.
Krista looks absolutely gorgeous in these pix.
Really sorry you both had to go through that! Because a lot of wild creatures live in the environment here, such as oppossums, raccoons, skunks, rats, mice, birds and others, and a lot of people have dogs that they walk, there are fleas outside from time to time. We've had them come in so I always keep my preferred stuff on hand. And yes, we have those little dark beetles, too. Never had a problem with them until this summer. IDK the name, but I do know they love dry goods and they're often in the boxes or bags already. As far as I know they are not really dirty or harmful, but no one really wants bugs in the house, do they? And they fly. We have ants now and these little guys, so we're busy mopping them up when they appear. My boss on the east coast says they're having bugs this year, too, though she hasn't said what kind.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are the little buggers.
EBEBCEE8-C317-4EB8-BD97-E061A1B461C6.png 2DCB1916-D766-44F6-944B-C83BC233D09C.png 36BF0785-EB18-439F-9132-5249D19836F4.jpeg 5939E74D-AD3A-47D7-B46C-F884B166CDB3.jpeg
They look a little like bed bugs. But I think they’re too small. Also they don’t behave like bed bugs. I see them on the walls. But not in or near the bed. I see them during the day too. They didn’t look like fleas when I zoomed in on them. They also don’t behave like fleas. They climb the walls but they don’t hop. I was driving myself nuts on bugfinder websites. It wasn’t until I saw them all fat and happy in my corn based Worlds Best Cat Litter that it finally made sense what I was dealing with. Between removing their food source and the DE sandbox I created out of the litter enclosure, I believe their days are finally numbered.

I still have yet to adequately explain how I got fleas last year. Perhaps Krista came home with them from the vet. But more likely, I believe I may have picked them up on my creek trail runs. 🤦🏼‍♂️