Remembering Krista

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, sneaking *or not?* the water! Is that her glass, or yours? Or is it comMEWnal? *Inquiring minds must know!*
Well, most cats I've known don't eat as much in summer/hot weather, just like most people, and even shorthaired cats do shed winter underpinnings, so that could be two reasons why OC looks thinner. Glad he came by for a visit (even though we both wish they'd keep him in!)
Is that black leathehr on the Poang chair and footstool? We have two of the chairs in black leather. And another in natural fabric.
My all-in-one is on top of a tall file cabinet so, no catting there.
Cucumbers, squash, bananas...I don't think any of my cats have ever met any of these face-to-stem. And cat yodelling? Angel Tarifa wrote the book on it. More like cat bellowing, actually. Amazingly loud. Especially out of such a little, ladylike cat.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point, my water glass was her water glass. She did have her own glass and nightstand. But I'm sure she figured out that I changed my glass more often than hers. Though when she drank from mine like this, I would take the hint and bring her a fresh glass. That is black leather on the Poang. I'm still impressed by your knowledge of Ikea furniture. If you aren't part Swedish, then I'm assuming that's one of your aspie superpowers. ;)

I think it’s actually a fake leather. 👍
2CDA7769-E077-449A-837B-C6322941F2D1.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point, my water glass was her water glass. She did have her own glass and nightstand. But I'm sure she figured out that I changed my glass more often than hers. Though when she drank from mine like this, I would take the hint and bring her a fresh glass. That is black leather on the Poang. I'm still impressed by your knowledge of Ikea furniture. If you aren't part Swedish, then I'm assuming that's one of your aspie superpowers. ;)

I think it’s actually a fake leather. 👍
View attachment 386206
Oh yeah, well, it takes one to know one on "aspy superpowers" ;) and no, I don't think any Swedes snuck into the family tree, but one of my cousins did do one of those DNA things and someone on either side of the family, not necessarily mine but I'd like it to be, was Finnish. Close enough? My Poangs are real gin-yoo-wine leather. And I guess one of my aspy uniquenesses is that I'm obsessed with IKEA. I collected the catalogs until they went app-only, and one of my favorite things is to sit and look through one, imagining myself and my loved ones living in those rooms. *Yeah, I know. Weird.* One of my favorite pastimes is going to IKEA, touring the store and eating in the restaurant. If you've never been, you should go.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, well, it takes one to know one on "aspy superpowers" ;) and no, I don't think any Swedes snuck into the family tree, but one of my cousins did do one of those DNA things and someone on either side of the family, not necessarily mine but I'd like it to be, was Finnish. Close enough? My Poangs are real gin-yoo-wine leather. And I guess one of my aspy uniquenesses is that I'm obsessed with IKEA. I collected the catalogs until they went app-only, and one of my favorite things is to sit and look through one, imagining myself and my loved ones living in those rooms. *Yeah, I know. Weird.* One of my favorite pastimes is going to IKEA, touring the store and eating in the restaurant. If you've never been, you should go.
I love IKEA!. It's like walking through someone else's home without having to bring a gift (or run from the police!) Or spend more time with the animals than the host. Or make excuses about why you have to (want to) leave early. It's like being Goldilocks without the risk of bears.

I would love to be a cat at IKEA.

Or Disneyland.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are such messy eaters lol. My kitty also gets her food all over around the bowl area.
She was also toothless by this point. After more rounds of extractions (and the new mouths she came home with) than any cat should have to go through, she had her remaining teeth proactively removed Oct 2019. No more resorptive lesions.👍😻 But she did become a fair bit messier an eater. 😹

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love IKEA!. It's like walking through someone else's home without having to bring a gift (or run from the police!) Or spend more time with the animals than the host. Or make excuses about why you have to (want to) leave early. It's like being Goldilocks without the risk of bears.

I would love to be a cat at IKEA.

Or Disneyland.
IKEA is so great. I got their doll bed, for my Juli and it’s like the best $19.99 spent ever. I’m so obsessed it’s bad.
7BD90152-6AEE-4207-AA4E-E0A65F0216BE.jpeg

😹😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
June 30, 2020:
The pillow nest was the warden’s office (yours truly) when she was allowed outside of the pen for supervised “yard time.” As of yesterday, her activity restriction ended. I no longer needed to get down to her level to keep her from jumping. So she has reclaimed the pillow stack for her own.
36499A56-D538-4A09-89E6-91653AC857DF.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beyond adorable pix, all. daftcat75 daftcat75 You've probably seen videos of Lil BUB attacking her yoghurt or gushyfudz? Krista would have felt quite a lot of camaraderie with her. She took the method to new levels.
Love the videos! I'd seen the IKEA one but never the Disneyland one (Uh, note to video lady: Fernando is almost certainly female!) though I've known about the colonies for years. *I wonder if I'm alone in being concerned about those IKEA cats, though: did they have cat minders confirm that every single cat was re-captured for the trip home?**And then, what about visitors to that store who are cat-allergic?*
I'd love to get some of those beds, JulietteTruong JulietteTruong except that I need Baby Su and Elvis with me at night. I have closet and garage collections of spurned cat beds.
What a dear little Krista burrowed in among the pillows!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
July 1, 2019:
A day early for fluffy butt Friday?
6FADDA6E-A192-4967-B794-C5C1615391AD.jpeg
2020:
Incision site looking better. Still an impressive scar. I would have loved to see/felt how it healed if we had more time together. 😿
FA5DAA2F-2BE2-46D0-A21F-6C620D2D7586.jpeg
It took her about a year to finally notice this tree.🤦🏼‍♂️
BDCBB77B-C62C-42CB-9638-23759A9C9354.jpeg
And a return to the pillow nest. 😻
91431867-0B72-490A-BF72-DCF17F3E41DF.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
July 1, 2019:
A day early for fluffy butt Friday?
View attachment 386435
2020:
Incision site looking better. Still an impressive scar. I would have loved to see/felt how it healed if we had more time together. 😿
View attachment 386434
It took her about a year to finally notice this tree.🤦🏼‍♂️
View attachment 386432
And a return to the pillow nest. 😻
View attachment 386433
That pillow nest looks VERY inviting. I'm glad we don't have one of those here. It'd be too tempting.
I love the tree!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That pillow nest looks VERY inviting. I'm glad we don't have one of those here. It'd be too tempting.
I love the tree!
She would go on to spend much of her final month in that condo. So much so, that when she passed, more than her favorite tree, that was the one that was hardest for me to look at. When Buddy, the friendly orange “stray”, poked his head into it the first (and last) time, it made me so upset that I knew I couldn’t keep that one. I gave it to one of my beertender friends who was taking leg-less rabbit corpses off me in exchange for beer. I believe only a fraction of that rabbit meat was going to Cleo. 😿 Krista’s favorite tree was a cat-me-down from Edwina, a friend’s cat, another tortie, after she passed. And last September, Cleo, yet another tortie, got her first cat tree, a cat-me-down from Krista. She adores it! 😻

6DE9DFA5-82FF-49F8-842D-B8447400A9EE.png C94A1C60-9971-44BE-A04A-4DA011B01355.png

Next cat willing, I intend to keep Krista's favorite tree, Edwina's former tree, to pass down to her. Maybe another tortie to keep the chain unbroken? 😺

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She would go on to spend much of her final month in that condo. So much so, that when she passed, more than her favorite tree, that was the one that was hardest for me to look at. When Buddy, the friendly orange “stray”, poked his head into it the first (and last) time, it made me so upset that I knew I couldn’t keep that one. I gave it to one of my beertender friends who was taking leg-less rabbit corpses off me in exchange for beer. I believe only a fraction of that rabbit meat was going to Cleo. 😿 Krista’s favorite tree was a cat-me-down from Edwina, a friend’s cat, another tortie, after she passed. And last September, Cleo, yet another tortie, got her first cat tree, a cat-me-down from Krista. She adores it! 😻

View attachment 386451View attachment 386453

Next cat willing, I intend to keep Krista's favorite tree, Edwina's former tree, to pass down to her. Maybe another tortie to keep the chain unbroken? 😺
I love repurposing, recycling and reusing, coming from a family that did that with everything re-usable. And it's the best memorial and tribute to a loved one to know someone else is using and enjoying something they enjoyed. I remember the OC incident. Sometimes it's just too difficult. We have a tall cat pipe that our beloved angel Rani used to launch herself from every night. It's about 7' tall and she'd run up to the top and fly off with a THUD! landing on the bed. This was her way of saying, "No more TV. It's TREAT TIME NOW. And if you don't get off it and go get the bag, I'm gonna start BELLOWING." *This may have been where Tarifa learned to bellow. Or not.*
Well, pretty much every cat in my life has found me rather than the other way around, and I've never chosen a cat based upon looks. But for anyone thinking, musing, or wondering, you can do a LOT worse than a torti, and no better. *But then, you know that.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*That big catsmile in Pic #3!!!* :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob::heartshape:
I was partial to the first one. But because you drew my attention to the third, I cranked up the Exposure in the Edit settings and replaced the original picture above. That's been my best trick lately to brighten up all my dark pictures and videos. I'm going to spend some time learning more photo/video restoration tricks some (other) time.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was partial to the first one. But because you drew my attention to the third, I cranked up the Exposure in the Edit settings and replaced the original picture above. That's been my best trick lately to brighten up all my dark pictures and videos. I'm going to spend some time learning more photo/video restoration tricks some (other) time.
I know. One more thing to add to the endless list! There are really a lot of great tweaks one can use. The different filters can be very attractive, too.