Remembering Krista

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
“I don’t care how busy you are, Daddy. You need to take a break to love on me! 😻

I called this her filling station. When she parked here, she wasn’t moving along until she had her fill of loving. 😻
In no way meaning to cause discomfort, but IDK how you even stand it. Being catless. If I can't snorgle a cat whenever I want/need, I am NOT a happy camper.
Hoping OC and AOC (no, not her. Him.) are doing well. Any word?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In no way meaning to cause discomfort, but IDK how you even stand it. Being catless. If I can't snorgle a cat whenever I want/need, I am NOT a happy camper.
Hoping OC and AOC (no, not her. Him.) are doing well. Any word?
I still believe AOC was a girl cat. She's also extremely likely to be owned and cared for within the neighboring community that I trespassed once looking for OC. I have no reason or desire to trespass there once more. There will be no updates about her. She was never my concern.

And OC/Buddy/Blitzkrieg, I haven't seen him since we attempted to rehome him and had to return him to my neighbor. I have had no further contact with that neighbor either--as preferred.

As for being catless, it's a state I've known half my life. It's not permanent. But after years of narrowing my life's energy and focus around the inputs and outputs of an ailing and ultimately dying cat, I'm still traumatized by the demands of cat care. I know the next one shouldn't require so much time and energy as Krista did in her final years. But I also know that I can't return to gravity feeders, automatic litterboxes, and long weekends any time I want. I still need more time to build my own life back after sacrificing so much of it the past years. And I still want to wait at least as long as it takes to be fully vaccinated against Covid and see my parents whom I haven't seen in nearly three years because of Krista or Covid. I thought maybe I might do some traveling again. But I don't think the world or even this country will have their Covid 💩 together this year (or next.) I'll likely continue to explore this rare between-cats phase of life through the summer. Perhaps next winter when seasonal depression starts knocking once more, I might take a trip down to the shelter.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still believe AOC was a girl cat. She's also extremely likely to be owned and cared for within the neighboring community that I trespassed once looking for OC. I have no reason or desire to trespass there once more. There will be no updates about her. She was never my concern.

And OC/Buddy/Blitzkrieg, I haven't seen him since we attempted to rehome him and had to return him to my neighbor. I have had no further contact with that neighbor either--as preferred.

As for being catless, it's a state I've known half my life. It's not permanent. But after years of narrowing my life's energy and focus around the inputs and outputs of an ailing and ultimately dying cat, I'm still traumatized by the demands of cat care. I know the next one shouldn't require so much time and energy as Krista did in her final years. But I also know that I can't return to gravity feeders, automatic litterboxes, and long weekends any time I want. I still need more time to build my own life back after sacrificing so much of it the past years. And I still want to wait at least as long as it takes to be fully vaccinated against Covid and see my parents whom I haven't seen in nearly three years because of Krista or Covid. I thought maybe I might do some traveling again. But I don't think the world or even this country will have their Covid 💩 together this year (or next.) I'll likely continue to explore this rare between-cats phase of life through the summer. Perhaps next winter when seasonal depression starts knocking once more, I might take a trip down to the shelter.
Agree on the COVID subject. Some experts postulate it will be with us always. I agree. So we have to go on with our lives in the "new normal" and that's something I guess I'm good at, because I've had to be constantly adapting to all the changes in my life over these past years since living in the Mojave. My current and longtime mindset is that I never know about tomorrow, and even though my nature is to map everything out to the nth degree, that isn't necessarily what actually occurs. So in the meanitme, my MO is to make the best of it all and do the best I can to make my life and the lives of my loved ones (and to a lesser extent, my roomies) the best they can be.
Hoping you get to fulfill some if not all of your goals/wishes sooner rather than later!:)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May 3, 2018:
We’re still getting used to these scheduled feedings now that I have switched her off dry food. She had her first of many extractions last month and I decided unilaterally that dry food was no longer in her future.

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
May 3, 2018:
We’re still getting used to these scheduled feedings now that I have switched her off dry food. She had her first of many extractions last month and I decided unilaterally that dry food was no longer in her future.
I love those little chirpy meows they do, it sounds so needy and cute 🥺

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May 3, 2018:
*Unilaterally!* *NO DOUBT!*
Yes, the chirps, chirrups, and meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws!!! :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob::cloud9::loveeyes: *and not undervaluing that Cat Dance For Food, either*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that's pretty adorable, I'll have to admit.🐷🐽🐱
If we're talking about the trill, yeah, that was my favorite too. When I first met her at the shelter, I had never heard a cat trill before. And Krista was trilling up a storm that first meeting--much like the first two clips of her voices video above. I asked the shelter worker, "is that a healthy sound she's making?" 😹 It very quickly became my favorite sound. It was her aloha, shalom, and wassup. We'd meet eyes across a room and she'd trill at me. And her trills frequently came with a head nod. Often, I would come to her in her tree or reach out to her next to me just to press her trill button--even if she was sleeping. I have since extracted that trill sound to an audio file and associated it with several shortcuts such as opening Instagram on my home network (already scared someone in public with a trilling meow and refined that automation 😹) and trilling on demand with a double tap on the back of my phone. Occasionally, setting my phone down will trigger that and I get a trill or a trilling meow. "Indeed, little one!" 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If we're talking about the trill, yeah, that was my favorite too. When I first met her at the shelter, I had never heard a cat trill before. And Krista was trilling up a storm that first meeting--much like the first two clips of her voices video above. I asked the shelter worker, "is that a healthy sound she's making?" 😹 It very quickly became my favorite sound. It was her aloha, shalom, and wassup. We'd meet eyes across a room and she'd trill at me. And her trills frequently came with a head nod. Often, I would come to her in her tree or reach out to her next to me just to press her trill button--even if she was sleeping. I have since extracted that trill sound to an audio file and associated it with several shortcuts such as opening Instagram on my home network (already scared someone in public with a trilling meow and refined that automation 😹) and trilling on demand with a double tap on the back of my phone. Occasionally, setting my phone down will trigger that and I get a trill or a trilling meow. "Indeed, little one!" 😻
*I just love that.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*UPdate: PRIVACY SHMIVACY. Your privacy is history.* Love, Krista. :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: :crackup:
This was back in Spring 2018 just before the EU General Data Protection Regulation went into place that required every website collecting private information to disclose that with a link to their privacy policy. Suddenly the web was transformed into pop-ups on every site saying "we've updated our privacy policy", etc. It was a timely meme. 🧐😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was back in Spring 2018 just before the EU General Data Protection Regulation went into place that required every website collecting private information to disclose that with a link to their privacy policy. Suddenly the web was transformed into pop-ups on every site saying "we've updated our privacy policy", etc. It was a timely meme. 🧐😹
It was. But according to Krista, "privacy" is a non-concept.