Remembering Krista

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's happened here, too. Pica? Elvis likes to lick plastic. I open up the cat food cupboard, and he's up on it, checking the inventory :cutecat:
Krista liked to chew hard plastic when she was younger. I rescued her at two and this behavior persisted for maybe six months until I learned how to cover all her favorite targets and she lost interest in it. Aside from that, she just adored licking blankets. And clothing. And people.
0FD76E62-BB8A-4D3F-BC95-5B1B27074D9D.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista liked to chew hard plastic when she was younger. I rescued her at two and this behavior persisted for maybe six months until I learned how to cover all her favorite targets and she lost interest in it. Aside from that, she just adored licking blankets. And clothing. And people.
View attachment 377126
I have it on good authority that people taste somewhat like chicken. :lolup:*Especially if they've just eaten some and have it on their fingers.*:catrub:Even if not, it's worth it to investigate. Krista would recommend that. :kneading:

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's happened here, too. Pica? Elvis likes to lick plastic. I open up the cat food cupboard, and he's up on it, checking the inventory :cutecat:
At least he just licks it. Po loves to bite on plastic. Whether it be a trash bad, the shower curtain, plastic on a case of cat food, potato bags, the plastic cover on the indoor greenhouse...if he's hungry he'll chew. He's also begun to do it when I give him food he doesn't like. I guess he doesn't like his new diet. :rolleyes: Meanwhile Morty's begun eating paper. I can actually say now that my cat eats my homework, lol.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least he just licks it. Po loves to bite on plastic. Whether it be a trash bad, the shower curtain, plastic on a case of cat food, potato bags, the plastic cover on the indoor greenhouse...if he's hungry he'll chew. He's also begun to do it when I give him food he doesn't like. I guess he doesn't like his new diet. :rolleyes: Meanwhile Morty's begun eating paper. I can actually say now that my cat eats my homework, lol.
He looks very playful and cute! Elvis will chew, too. That's when I have to do an intervention :flail:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks so good there! Happy, healthy, well-fed and playful!
She's missing a few teeth from a recent dental. Her first of many extractions. Her IBD has also just started to present. But yes, for about a dozen years, this is the Krista I knew. I feel bad that I didn't spend more time playing with her interactively. But she often took care of her own play needs like this several times a day. I guess I didn't really know what play meant to her until she stopped doing it on her own. (That would come back in fits and starts over her final years.) And when she finally figured out how to communicate her desire to play with me: by sitting in front of the closet door where I moved her wand toys.
IMG_3033.JPG

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's missing a few teeth from a recent dental. Her first of many extractions. Her IBD has also just started to present. But yes, for about a dozen years, this is the Krista I knew. I feel bad that I didn't spend more time playing with her interactively. But she often took care of her own play needs like this several times a day. I guess I didn't really know what play meant to her until she stopped doing it on her own. (That would come back in fits and starts over her final years.) And when she finally figured out how to communicate her desire to play with me: by sitting in front of the closet door where I moved her wand toys.
View attachment 377204
Yeah. That's a loud and eloquent silent message that plays big here, too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise