tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those pictures are about 12 years apart. The first one is from 2006. That was the first year I had her. She's two years old in that picture. The second one is from 2018. That would make her 14. 😻
Wow! I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said that. If only we could could age so subtlety in appearance as well.

The only difference I see on Krista is her mouth/lower cheek area. Maybe a bit more freckles on the nose as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said that. If only we could could age so subtlety in appearance as well.

The only difference I see on Krista is her mouth/lower cheek area. Maybe a bit more freckles on the nose as well.
Her coloring sort of washed out (got lighter) with age. I guess that's the cat equivalent of gray hair. Her mouth also changed shape over the years due to all the tooth extractions. If you go back to the pictures I posted earlier, she has something of a sneer. At this point, she may be down to a single canine, some incisors, maybe other teeth. But her molars and submolars (her bagel-eating teeth 😹 ) were the first to go. I kept asking my vet whether that was going to be a problem having such a mismatched bite. My vet was always like 🤷‍♀️. It wasn't until push came to shove and she had to go to a dentist because none of her regular vets wanted to work in such a mismatched mouth anymore that I learned just how much having just one canine was bothering her. She had gum and lip ulcerations. Looking back on these pictures now, the sneer is kind of sad. But also kind of cute. It does no good to dwell on the sad. So I prefer to think of this as her Billy Idol phase. I mean she did have that shaved neck from the feeding tube to match her sneer. 😹😻

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feb 27, 2019:
Krista in her filling station. “When I’ve had my fill, I will move along. 😻 But not a moment sooner.” 🤦🏼‍♂️😹
View attachment 371553View attachment 371554
That vet! What is it with people? Not being able, or bothering, to imagine how it would be if it was them?!!
"Dad! Dad! Let's go to this place! It looks really beautiful and I'll bet there are lots of mice there!":kneading:🐭

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That vet! What is it with people? Not being able, or bothering, to imagine how it would be if it was them?!!
"Dad! Dad! Let's go to this place! It looks really beautiful and I'll bet there are lots of mice there!":kneading:🐭
It’s not like that vet never told me to see a dentist. I was just being stubborn about it (anxiety about cost and travel logistics—Aspy stuff!). I got her full medical record from this hospital to give to the dentist. I look it through it from time to time to match vet pictures with case notes. It’s an odd way to remain connected with her. I’m sad to see that her vets recommended a dentist several times before they told me they wouldn’t work in her mouth anymore and insisted on it. I wonder what kind of grief and bother I could have spared her had I listened the first time. This is why whenever I hear of a cat with a chronic dental condition, I recommend a dentist right off the bat to get proactive about it. Like I didn’t do. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔

Krista doesn’t need to daydream about the Windows Lock Screen. She had a plate of turkey pate just off the desk there. Probably because of her dental discomfort, I was feeding her wherever she would eat. I want to make a memory video of her eating pictures. I have even fed her in my closet. I also fed her in odd places to keep things interesting for her. I thought it must be monotonous to sleep and eat in the same places each day. 😻

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So vocal! Some of those sounded like little pig snorts 🐖
When I first met her at the shelter, I had never heard a cat trill before. I asked the shelter worker if that was a health cat noise. 😹 I would learn that was her Aloha, shalom, and wassup? It was her go-to noise. Sometimes I’d reach out and poke her just to hear her trill. I often said she was “Trillin’ like Dylan. Can’t make out what she’s singing, but I like her sound.” 🎶😻

I have extracted her trill and trill meow sounds from those videos and programmed them as Shortcuts on my phone. Whenever I open either Safari or Instagram, it will choose between one of those to play. I was waiting to get into a store the other day (Covid capacity restrictions) and I opened up Safari to check TCS while in line. I nearly freaked out another guy in line with me when a rather loud trilling meow came out of my phone. 😹🤦🏼‍♂️

I hope my next cat is also a triller. 😻

Last edited: