Remembering Krista

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The nice thing about that price is that if I go with one and don't like it, I can move that one to the deck and buy another in the other color. I think I am leaning towards the Black/Brown as well. I can see the black surface looking a little cheap compared to the black granite counter tops. And anyway, who wants to use the fridge or dishwasher as your matching piece?

Thanks for the input. I'll hold off on ordering in case anyone else wants to provide some thoughts.

The last two pieces of the Katris were previously forming a U shape. But to make room for the dining set, I flattened those last two pieces inline with the other pieces.
View attachment 356103
The thing about the Katris is that it really is attractive.
Well, so Tobermorey agrees! And you're right. It really is a nice set. I'd think about getting one myself if I wasn't keeping my grandmother's mid-century set (the table is nice, but all 4 of the chairs have loose castors and ripped upholstery. I really should get something else. But I have a lot of great memories of her in her nice apt. with that set. And we're not using the table to eat at. My roomies' tiny refrigerator, and 3 fruit bowls, need to be on it).
IMG_1611 (1).JPG

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Help me decide the color of the dining table set to place in the space. The chair and the end table across the room are both compatible with the Black/Brown. The Black/Silver would match the kitchen. And my red dishes would pop on the black surface. I think the Natural and Espresso are the wrong shades of brown. And I think the all black is too boring. So should I go with the Black/Silver or Black/Brown?

The dining set:
Best Choice Products 3-Piece Wooden Round Table & Chair Set for Kitchen, Dining Room, Compact Space w/Steel Frame, Built-in Wine Rack - Black/Brown https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KFXMNBW/?tag=thecatsite

And the space I’m looking to put it in:
View attachment 356096View attachment 356097

The Katris looks so weird flattened out like that. Changes are making me uneasy. But I can’t live in a Krista museum.
I really like this set but wouldn't your knees hit on the little shelf underneath?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I don’t have an angle grinder. Yet. I’ll try it unmodified first while I look into renting one from Home Depot.

I also liked the Espresso. But it doesn’t match any of the other woods in the front room and kitchen. I didn’t want to add yet another wood color. I saw a reviewer picture of the black and silver. The all black table top looks a little cheaper. I went with the black and brown.

After I’ve had my leisurely coffee and Instagram this morning, I think I’ll take care of the cases of cat food. And pick up a subwoofer for the remainder of the World Series. It’s a big ticket item that I’ve put off for years. But I don’t have spendy cat food or vet bills in my budget anymore. 😿🤷‍♂️ If I’m stuck at home during a pandemic, I might as well make it a more comfortable home. I think I’ve been playing too much Homescapes. 😹🤦🏼‍♂️

My morning Instagram:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure what was going on that day. This was 2018. After her summer of pancreatitis but well on her way back to good health with Rawz and Rad Cat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I don’t have an angle grinder. Yet. I’ll try it unmodified first while I look into renting one from Home Depot.

I also liked the Espresso. But it doesn’t match any of the other woods in the front room and kitchen. I didn’t want to add yet another wood color. I saw a reviewer picture of the black and silver. The all black table top looks a little cheaper. I went with the black and brown.

After I’ve had my leisurely coffee and Instagram this morning, I think I’ll take care of the cases of cat food. And pick up a subwoofer for the remainder of the World Series. It’s a big ticket item that I’ve put off for years. But I don’t have spendy cat food or vet bills in my budget anymore. 😿🤷‍♂️ If I’m stuck at home during a pandemic, I might as well make it a more comfortable home. I think I’ve been playing too much Homescapes. 😹🤦🏼‍♂️

My morning Instagram:
*What a SWEET little catface!* *What other kind would it be?*
Enjoy your fancy speaker! It will make for a happy CATurday, no doubt.
Nothing wrong with wanting to be comfortable in a nice environment. Everything RIGHT about it, actually, because it makes us happier, healthier, and therefore stronger and more able. Krista would want all of that. For you and for NC.
Yeah! The black/brown is really nice.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I *think* I found a product that eliminates the urine smell.

Though it may also be so noxious itself that it's merely stronger than the urine smell. The Dysons are going crazy. The one above the cat box tells me the air quality is now Poor.

This is one case I'm glad Krista is no longer here. Then again. I wouldn't be doing this if Krista was still here. In her later years, she was sensitive to these urine eliminators and carpet cleaners. If I sprayed the stuff, I'd be cleaning up barf later. I compromised with her and used a natural, essential oil-based product that promised enzymatic action. But really I'm not so sure. The closet has smelled like pee for a couple of years now. Fortunately, it only smelled like pee if you opened the closet. Although, again. I don't have a cat nose. It's very likely any cat could stick their nose to the door and smell the pee. I believe a big part of that was the runners for the sliding doors. They looked pretty nasty yesterday when I took the doors off. I used my water pick (sadly, the first time I used it in a long time!) to power wash the sliding door runners. I also thoroughly soak the carpet on either side of the runners. I had a plan to empty that closet into that dining room and then do a Deep Clean on my upright Bissell with that enzyme product to get it deep into the carpet and hopefully padding. But I'm going to let this morning's cleaner dry and see if it passes the smell test tonight or tomorrow morning. I want the doors back on tomorrow at the latest. I'll have a new dining set to place on Wednesday.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
March 2018: This is why I always recommend a vet visit whenever a good cat starts peeing inappropriately. I tarped my walls! The only thing that stopped her marking was taking her to vet and discovering it was a cry for help. Her teeth were going bad from tooth resorption. When the problem teeth were extracted, the marking behavior stopped. The only times she ever peed outside the litterbox was this period until her teeth were addressed and the bladder infection that ended up taking her. When a good cat turns naughty, take her to the vet FIRST! Then you can try all the behavioral stuff like moving litterboxes and tarping walls.
IMG_4143.JPG IMG_4144.JPG IMG_4202.JPG IMG_4207.JPG
This picture here may have been directly after the vet visit we discovered her teeth issues. She's wearing a blue sticky wrap from the vet taking blood. I always hated when they sent us home without cutting those off for us. She turned vicious when I tried to get them off her. Presumably because they became tighter when I tried to remove them.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
March 2018: This is why I always recommend a vet visit whenever a good cat starts peeing inappropriately. I tarped my walls! The only thing that stopped her marking was taking her to vet and discovering it was a cry for help. Her teeth were going bad from tooth resorption. When the problem teeth were extracted, the marking behavior stopped. The only times she ever peed outside the litterbox was this period until her teeth were addressed and the bladder infection that ended up taking her. When a good cat turns naughty, take her to the vet FIRST! Then you can try all the behavioral stuff like moving litterboxes and tarping walls.
View attachment 356392View attachment 356393View attachment 356394View attachment 356395
This picture here may have been directly after the vet visit we discovered her teeth issues. She's wearing a blue sticky wrap from the vet taking blood. I always hated when they sent us home without cutting those off for us. She turned vicious when I tried to get them off her. Presumably because they became tighter when I tried to remove them.
Yeah, it's hard taking those off and no wonder she panicked.
Good on ya for the cleaning! It can be hard to really get stuff like that clean. Repetition, repetition, repetition. Kate Benjamin at hauspanther.com has a product she really likes on her latest post. hauspanther Click on the CritterZone if you're interested. It sounds promising.
Good advice. We should always get 'em checked first of all.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
October 26, 2018: I’ve had the heater as long as I’ve had Krista. (Maybe one season longer?) Today I brought it out of the closet. Probably until March. It is sad the heater will not have its favorite companion this year.
FFA4529E-6E37-4124-89A3-9AC0615B6575.jpeg

October 27, 2019: We’re approaching one of my favorite memories—our dentist road trip. Not at the time. But time has a funny way of erasing the bad stuff. This time last year Krista hasn’t been eating well for several weeks now. More tooth pain. My old vet totally failed us here. Refused to perform a dental I requested because they weren’t going to do any more extractions in her mouth. “Take her to a dentist!” Fortunately, as of these pictures below, she had been eating homemade raw food. A few ounces a day. Not enough. But enough to keep her going until her dentist appointment.

I enjoyed feeding her in strange places. Mimics the hunt. Gives her extra mental stimulation. And I got a little exercise out of her leading her by the nose with plate in hand. I figure she also got a kick out of it too.
3CF3E84E-C78D-4682-986B-880F1D026D49.jpeg 47E994C8-2C96-409B-8A13-1DFFB326BD70.jpeg

Maybe teeth. Maybe she’s just being bashful?
48FE4785-5E87-4B70-8EDE-17F2C9D256CB.jpeg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
October 26, 2018: I’ve had the heater as long as I’ve had Krista. (Maybe one season longer?) Today I brought it out of the closet. Probably until March. It is sad the heater will not have its favorite companion this year.
View attachment 356486

October 27, 2019: We’re approaching one of my favorite memories—our dentist road trip. Not at the time. But time has a funny way of erasing the bad stuff. This time last year Krista hasn’t been eating well for several weeks now. More tooth pain. My old vet totally failed us here. Refused to perform a dental I requested because they weren’t going to do any more extractions in her mouth. “Take her to a dentist!” Fortunately, as of this picture, she had been eating homemade raw food. A few ounces a day. Not enough. But enough to keep her going until her dentist appointment.

I enjoyed feeding her in strange places. Mimics the hunt. Gives her extra mental stimulation. And I got a little exercise out of her leading her by the nose with plate in hand. I figure she also got a kick out of it too.
View attachment 356487View attachment 356488

Maybe teeth. Maybe she’s just being bashful?
View attachment 356489
It's our first cool morning here, too. I'm pretty sure my roomies are using their very similar heater because she's wearing a puffer coat. In the house.
Baby Su made me start feeding her in our master bedroom when Elvis joined us, basically. Then she made me very aware that a cat box was needed in there, too. Now that our roomies are here and there is sometimes a lot of activity in the breakfast room, which was always the feline dining room, I feed Elvis in the master bedroom, too, and they spend most of their time in there. Elvis also spends a lot of time as my laptop (like right now) and patrolling the house at night when I'm able to have the door and windows open.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the first thing I did with the new table...

E8753C99-2E90-4D6B-881C-BFAF93BE0BB2.jpeg

I bumped my knee on the rack underneath and spilled some beer. dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 called it! 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

So I have a workaround until I can buy a Dremel and cut those outer bars away. I call it the “hotel position”: plenty of ballroom! I’m manspreading around this tiny table since my knees don’t fit underneath. 😹🤦🏼‍♂️
C05AE562-C0A3-4DDD-AA3F-E7B0704D9274.jpeg

I’m not certain I’m keeping it. But then it was also cheap enough that I could turn it into patio furniture or bear it out for a bit until I find a replacement. I suspect the nagging desire to get rid of the box and all the associated packing trash will dictate how long a trial before I eat it and keep it.

8F7099B2-8CA8-4DDC-8114-1EAF70084F78.jpeg

At least it’s tiny enough and lightweight that I can move it out of the way to clean or even push it against the wall to use that empty space in front of the mirrors. I suppose it could be my indoor/outdoor. It wouldn’t be too tough to carry it out to the deck if we get good deck sitting weather again.

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've mentioned before to my nephews (also my executors) that when the time comes I will want my kittys ashes buried with me. Hopefully Tim the Cat and myself both still have quite a few years together. If for some reason can't be buried with him, I will want his ashes scattered over my grave, or mixed with mine if I decide to get cremated.

Also sorry for the passing of your little girl, she looked like a beautiful cat.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
A lady I use to work with had some of her beloved dogs ashes put into a heart shaped ring so she could always have him with her, it had a pawprint on it , very lovely. There is lots of beautiful remerance jewelry to be found nowadays. On Instagram there is a site that will incorporate whiskers in their creations. I'm thinking of getting her cat dad a key ring fob with some of Gypsys shed whiskers in it for his birthday.