Remembering Krista

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a very inviting-looking carrier. It's the soft bed, I think. I wouldn't even need the fish flakes.😸
That was her old carrier. It was more of a pooch purse than a cat carrier. I don’t think it had a top entry. I thought I returned it. Maybe she pooped it out of service. I was always very jealous of her upgrade. With both sides down, she must have felt like a queen in her traveling palace.
7F2020A9-7FCB-407F-AAB0-D876BEC5F631.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was her old carrier. It was more of a pooch purse than a cat carrier. I don’t think it had a top entry. I thought I returned it. Maybe she pooped it out of service. I was always very jealous of her upgrade. With both sides down, she must have felt like a queen in her traveling palace.
View attachment 400800
It's soft and comfy-looking and very reassuring. I won a SleepyPod softsided carrier that's pretty nice, too. I should get it out and open it up so they can at least investigate it, because it's never been used. It went right from the shipping box to the closet where I keep (someof) our carriers.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
November 6, 2019:
This day in 2019 wasn’t so bad either. 😻
AD62688E-1E91-4ECC-B57B-09372F07E7BB.jpeg 7D67AD22-75EC-4226-845D-A66BB9B2F6B3.jpeg 651CD565-FD35-4825-87F7-64A6DFEEB142.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice, warm, drowsy and relaxed, and then time for a warmup on the ol' all-in-one, and after that, waiting for Dad to get home?! :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob::cloud9:📠:catlove:
In the second, she is warming her buns on the laptop. But she’s also eyeing mine with the beyond burger I’m about to unwrap. In the third, she’s waiting outside the closet. I moved her wand toys to this closet and she knew it. She would sit in front of this door when she wanted to play with one of them. 👍😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the second, she is warming her buns on the laptop. But she’s also eyeing mine with the beyond burger I’m about to unwrap. In the third, she’s waiting outside the closet. I moved her wand toys to this closet and she knew it. She would sit in front of this door when she wanted to play with one of them. 👍😻
I thought that was a closet door but I wasn't sure. Baby Su knows I keep da Bird in one of the bedroom closets and when I open that slider she's right there, looking expectant.
So did you share???

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
November 7, 2019:

i did not share my food with her. She was having trouble enough with her own food. 😿🤦🏼‍♂️

Midday
58C0838E-63FD-4662-8637-53220BCAA188.jpeg

Late lunch with rejected breakfast remainders
0DF04AF7-1209-4AC4-8833-13C2DBE73B8F.jpeg

Post meal bookcase time. Her gut or gums might be bothering her. 😿
0B8A9773-F802-4A53-9DFB-766030D63343.jpeg 1B07AD96-820C-4C34-9CFB-0331114CBEC3.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't we wish our loved ones would never have any discomfort or problems!!! I know I do. :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:
I wasn’t doing her any favors mixing tuna with her rabbit. I figured it would be a limited time bribe and treat for having all her teeth removed like ice cream for a tonsillectomy. I wonder if that didn’t play a role in her lymphoma. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Doesn’t matter much now though. It’s not fruitful to dwell on questions and regrets like these.

To be honest, if she hadn’t experienced discomfort in these past few years, I would have been left with far fewer pictures and memories. Her senior struggles may have made me a more involved cat dad. But they also reminded me to hold her closer because she sadly would not live forever. 😿

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn’t doing her any favors mixing tuna with her rabbit. I figured it would be a limited time bribe and treat for having all her teeth removed like ice cream for a tonsillectomy. I wonder if that didn’t play a role in her lymphoma. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Doesn’t matter much now though. It’s not fruitful to dwell on questions and regrets like these.

To be honest, if she hadn’t experienced discomfort in these past few years, I would have been left with far fewer pictures and memories. Her senior struggles may have made me a more involved cat dad. But they also reminded me to hold her closer because she sadly would not live forever. 😿
That's the pain of being here for a finite time and knowing that our loved ones generally do not live as long as we do. I have a lot of anxiety around this matter -- though I made legal provision for them right away, because none of us ever knows how long we will be here, I know that no one else has the bond with them that I have. Because I work in advocacy, I see so many cats waiting in cages for loving homes, some of which never come for them. But then again, there are some wonderful, caring people who adopt these cats as well as mature and ill cats, and give them loving permanent homes.
As far as "fruitful" goes, if it's educational and can be applied going forward, it IS fruitful. I believe nothing happens by accident. We're not born knowing anything except survival mechanisms. So the more we learn, especially about how to care for our loved ones (including ourselves!) the better. Of course you would have done things differently if you had known, but you DIDN'T know. Your intention was loving and caring. And the upside of it all was, as you say, that you became more involved and learned a lot about how to better care for her. That was not lost upon her! I've had so many losses in my life, starting with my grandfather when I was only 6, that I have always had a keen sense of really trying to treasure each day and each and every loved one. We never know. Trying to live each day, not like it's the last, necessarily, but like it's very important, because it is, is something I really believe in. And letting loved ones know they are loved and appreciated, ditto.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Posting a bonus photo because the dentist appointment yesterday went better than I was expecting. Three teeth on the watch list but none need work just yet. Though they do want me in four times a year now because the junk builds up on my teeth quickly apparently. 🙊🤦‍♂️

100_1849 (1).jpg

The EXIF is wrong. It says 2004. But I didn't adopt Krista until 2006. I'm guessing this was June 2006.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Posting a bonus photo because the dentist appointment yesterday went better than I was expecting. Three teeth on the watch list but none need work just yet. Though they do want me in four times a year now because the junk builds up on my teeth quickly apparently. 🙊🤦‍♂️

View attachment 401158

The EXIF is wrong. It says 2004. But I didn't adopt Krista until 2006. I'm guessing this was June 2006.
Not surprising about the date glitch. Such an adorable smile, Krista!!! *Or are you just exhorting your dad to change the channel, perhaps?* :hearthrob: :angrycat::hearthrob: