Remembering Krista

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feb 17, 2020:
Fuzz Aldrin about to make a moon landing...
C6C1EBE1-5B51-4EFE-BF74-F9AED1B4B3BD.jpeg
One small squat for Krista...
(Don’t worry, I knew when to stop the camera and fetch the Bissell.)
90EF6F63-61E8-4956-B73B-BDA5772A931D.gif

This is why that crooked tail always worried me. 🙀🤦🏼‍♂️😿

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the angle of the dangle can be worrying...:lolup::crackup::flail:🌒
That tail told a tale. If I saw it like that, I was either grabbing her to move her to cat jail or grabbing a litter box to rush under her before she squatted. But I guess this one time I wanted to capture that moment for prosperity? 🤷‍♂️ 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That tail told a tale. If I saw it like that, I was either grabbing her to move her to cat jail or grabbing a litter box to rush under her before she squatted. But I guess this one time I wanted to capture that moment for prosperity? 🤷‍♂️ 😹
Well, yeah, it certainly looks that way. Looks like something I'd do.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What always baffled me is that's her food plate that she's squatting next to. Why poop so close to your food? 🤷‍♂️ If she turned around, I'm sure there was a litter box in the front room on the other side of her buffet line. 🤦‍♂️
:whiskers:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What always baffled me is that's her food plate that she's squatting next to. Why poop so close to your food? 🤷‍♂️ If she turned around, I'm sure there was a litter box in the front room on the other side of her buffet line. 🤦‍♂️
Yeah, there's a rude cliche about that, that you probably know.
Well, it could be urgency, or it could be that she was having some cognitive issues, or both. But as unhappy as it may be, in retrospect, without this, we would not have Fuzz Aldrin, Poopernaut.:hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, there's a rude cliche about that, that you probably know.
Well, it could be urgency, or it could be that she was having some cognitive issues, or both. But as unhappy as it may be, in retrospect, without this, we would not have Fuzz Aldrin, Poopernaut.:hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:
I don't think she was having cognitive issues. She seemed to be a clever girl right to the end. Urgency maybe. But she would sit there for a minute with the her poop flag flying (the crooked tail.) Sometimes I could chase her to a box. Sometimes I could get one next to her and she'd reluctantly use it, "oh alright." It was just a great mystery to me. Out of all the square footage she could have chosen, she chose next to her food.

In other news, I saw Buddy/OC in the window of my neighbor the other day while I was driving out for something. It was just a brief glance over. But I saw an orange cat in the window.

And the bed seems to be working out without the topper. Finally! I didn't think I would like the bed that firm. But I think it's just what I needed. We shall see this weekend. I am looking forward to sleeping in and watching cartoons on Boomerang until one end or the other says I need to get up. 🤣

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think she was having cognitive issues. She seemed to be a clever girl right to the end. Urgency maybe. But she would sit there for a minute with the her poop flag flying (the crooked tail.) Sometimes I could chase her to a box. Sometimes I could get one next to her and she'd reluctantly use it, "oh alright." It was just a great mystery to me. Out of all the square footage she could have chosen, she chose next to her food.

In other news, I saw Buddy/OC in the window of my neighbor the other day while I was driving out for something. It was just a brief glance over. But I saw an orange cat in the window.

And the bed seems to be working out without the topper. Finally! I didn't think I would like the bed that firm. But I think it's just what I needed. We shall see this weekend. I am looking forward to sleeping in and watching cartoons on Boomerang until one end or the other says I need to get up. 🤣
As has been said by someone or another who was very wise, "One never knows with cats, do one?" (Actually, it's just "One never knows, do one?" attributed to Fats Waller. But a lot of us cat lovers attach the "with cats" because, well, one never knows!) A lady such as Krista never tells her secrets.
I was thinking of OC and also AOC (him, not her) this morning. Very glad to hear OC was viewed through a window. Progress, I hope!
Sounds like a good plan for the weekend. I like Ren & Stimpy and Spongebob, myself. Also Peg + Cat and Daniel Tiger.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As has been said by someone or another who was very wise, "One never knows with cats, do one?" (Actually, it's just "One never knows, do one?" attributed to Fats Waller. But a lot of us cat lovers attach the "with cats" because, well, one never knows!) A lady such as Krista never tells her secrets.
I was thinking of OC and also AOC (him, not her) this morning. Very glad to hear OC was viewed through a window. Progress, I hope!
Sounds like a good plan for the weekend. I like Ren & Stimpy and Spongebob, myself. Also Peg + Cat and Daniel Tiger.
AOC was/is a her. She's in the neighboring apartment community. I have not been back there since September when I tail-gated my way through the gate to go looking for OC. It was that weekend that OC's current guardian, my neighbor, rescued him and got him chipped and snipped. Thinking about my neighbor, she did a good thing for him. She already had her limit on cats and took one more in. Except for the month or so that they were feuding, I'd say she's doing right by him. It's crazy that he was literally a day or two away from going down to the shelter. I was planning to take him down that Monday. The neighbor took him off the "streets" that Saturday before.

Since it's Boomerang, it's traditional Saturday morning cartoons: Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and Scooby Doo.

This is the first and last time I saw AOC.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AOC was/is a her. She's in the neighboring apartment community. I have not been back there since September when I tail-gated my way through the gate to go looking for OC. It was that weekend that OC's current guardian, my neighbor, rescued him and got him chipped and snipped. Thinking about my neighbor, she did a good thing for him. She already had her limit on cats and took one more in. Except for the month or so that they were feuding, I'd say she's doing right by him. It's crazy that he was literally a day or two away from going down to the shelter. I was planning to take him down that Monday. The neighbor took him off the "streets" that Saturday before.

Since it's Boomerang, it's traditional Saturday morning cartoons: Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and Scooby Doo.

This is the first and last time I saw AOC.
Oh, I stand (or in this case, sit) corrected -- it should be, "Not her -- the other her!" :flail: ) Are you positive? The face looks like this cat could be male. And 75% or more of orange cats are. Male.
Really glad about OC/Buddy. *I wonder what his name IS.*
Well, those are good, too...hope you enjoy in comfort!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I stand (or in this case, sit) corrected -- it should be, "Not her -- the other her!" :flail: ) Are you positive? The face looks like this cat could be male. And 75% or more of orange cats are. Male.
Really glad about OC/Buddy. *I wonder what his name IS.*
Well, those are good, too...hope you enjoy in comfort!
Pretty sure. I looked at the rear view but didn't flip her.

Buddy/OC is now named Blitzkrieg by the neighbor. We learned that on the chip scan with the whole rescue fiasco. I prefer Buddy. Or Meatball. But whatchoo gonna do?
Neither of us got a vote in the matter.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it is a popular saying that cats make a house a home. This has always been true for my family and for me.
Yes, I know this saying :)

As for legality, in USA at least, you can consult with an attorney who is well versed in animal law and ensure that your estate is passed to your cats. It is entirely legal.
This is what I was curious about. So, your cats will inherit your home? That's interesting. It seems it's legal in many parts of the world, but here in Italy, where you can't leave the entirity of your possessions to someone who is not family.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 In my family, cats have always BEEN family, never "pets" and fortunately, this is one of the societies where enough people "get" this, that we have pressed for it to be what it is -- reality, and reality under the law. Money may have to do with it elsewhere, as I have read/heard of wealthy people in Europe leaving their estates to their cats. It also depends on the attorney. It is critically important to hire one that is well versed in animal law. Mine fought and won one of the first such cases in this area.
daftcat75 daftcat75 BLITZKREIG? What an awful name!!! You're right. OC/Buddy and you had no say in the matter, sadly. I take a dim view of people who name their cats insulting, negative things. But then, on the other hand, yesterday I read about a news anchor who featured a cat on their show who is white with a little black mustache. The name is not Chaplin. It's Kitler. I would have gone for the former. But you may know of the site, catsthatlooklikehitler.com. It's a thing. I've spent a fair amount of time there, enjoying the kitlers. This site was mentioned in "The Social Network." Would I name my cat that? Never. Is it funny? To some. I just love the cats.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You didn't let a day pass with taking a photo of your Krista. You did a great job, I'm not that consistent.
What are those two "aliens" in the second picture?
Those are her timed feeders. Or “the shoes” as I sometimes called them. Because that’s what they look like to me. Because of the steroids and the lymphoma, she was hungry all the time. The feeders helped me keep up without having to plate every meal—which was every three to four hours day or night. She would get acid barfs if she had to go much longer than four hours. 😿

Her health started to fail her in her 13th year when her teeth were going bad and her IBD started presenting. She had pancreatitis in her 14th year. I think I started her Instagram shortly after her recovery. And then the hospital stay several months later (Jan 2019.) I started her Krista’s Care thread here at that time. Both inspired me to take lots of pictures and videos. Although I tried not to let it enter my consciousness often, I think I was trying to capture as many memories as I could knowing that one day, that’s all I would have left. 😿 But this is why I only seem to have pictures from late 2018 to last year. I have maybe fewer than 2 dozen pictures from before 2018. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿 It’s as if I only had her from 2018. But I do have a few from before then.

These are a couple of the earliest I have. The timestamps on them are wrong. They say 2004. But I didn’t adopt her until 2006. I am guessing these are from June or July 2006. The first months I had her.
DF535C2D-8A94-402C-AA4C-BA0E41AABE0B.jpeg D5CA5697-2C60-4D06-9FAE-9BC991786C53.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And this is the earliest video I have of her from a digital camera (back before phones did it all.) This is also from the first months I had her. There was no break-in period. She loved me from the moment we met at the shelter. But then she loved all people. She was more dog than cat in that respect. Any knock at the door and she came running to answer it and greet whoever was behind it. 😻
View media item 423447

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And this is the earliest video I have of her from a digital camera (back before phones did it all.) This is also from the first months I had her. There was no break-in period. She loved me from the moment we met at the shelter. But then she loved all people. She was more dog than cat in that respect. Any knock at the door and she came running to answer it and greet whoever was behind it. 😻
View media item 423447
Such a beauty! And I love her sweet, ladylike voice and purrings.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a beauty! And I love her sweet, ladylike voice and purrings.
I've been working on a Krista Sounds video. But I can't remember where I found that video or where it is stored. That's the one video I want to include before I wrap up production and put it on YouTube.

Okay. I just realized I can save that video from a right-click menu. Uploaded to Google Drive. This evening I will figure out how to get it from Google Drive into my Camera Roll. Maybe this weekend I'll finally have the Krista Sounds video ready.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been working on a Krista Sounds video. But I can't remember where I found that video or where it is stored. That's the one video I want to include before I wrap up production and put it on YouTube.

Okay. I just realized I can save that video from a right-click menu. Uploaded to Google Drive. This evening I will figure out how to get it from Google Drive into my Camera Roll. Maybe this weekend I'll finally have the Krista Sounds video ready.

That will be amazing!